Post-match thoughts v Spurs

Perhaps I’ve got the point where I’m just immune to the terrible officials.

They weren’t the reason why we lost today, so I’m struggle to build up any angst towards them.

What happened with the decision off the ball that was worthy of a yellow but according to VAR wasn’t “violent conduct”?

We'll see worse reffing performances on big decisions and they were the better side. However, the ref completely changed the momentum of the match with the way he stopped our players from pressing in close to them. It totally changed the way our high press was working and gave the initiative back to them.

And I'm especially hacked off because of the way West Ham were allowed to batter us in the first week, yet we aren't allowed anywhere near a Liverpool or Spurs player.

Fair play to AI. I think many of us thought the same at the time.
the ref wasn't that bad there were no major decisions to make, the off the ball incident was both pulling shirts but his arm flicked up to arrons face we would be absolutely livid if that was given against us

the ref wasn't that bad there were no major decisions to make, the off the ball incident was both pulling shirts but his arm flicked up to arrons face we would be absolutely livid if that was given against us

It wasn't about major decisions. It was about giving the softest of soft free kicks whenever we had the temerity to challenge a Spurs player in the high press, but letting "robust" challenges go in the other direction. Watch the match back and watch how our press completely changes after about the fifth soft foul given to them. After that, they tear through us because we're afraid to get close.

??? you’ve lost me. I was talking about Christie being taken off?

It wasn't about major decisions. It was about giving the softest of soft free kicks whenever we had the temerity to challenge a Spurs player in the high press, but letting "robust" challenges go in the other direction. Watch the match back and watch how our press completely changes after about the fifth soft foul given to them. After that, they tear through us because we're afraid to get close.
I thought the press failed more because kluivert wasn't up as well so the spurs right was always free, I couldn't go to match today due to surgery on my ankle so had a better view then normal and I can't recall getting to upset with the refs

the angle on the screen was further away and more front on, that is closer and side on which I agree that once slowed down it looked bad

My main concern with us is around our ability to actually create meaningful goal scoring opportunities, I just don’t really see where the goals are coming from unless we can keep Tavernier fit for an extended period. We were very reliant on both him and Dango last season to create, and with Dango seemingly out for a decently long period where is the creativity coming from?

Add to this the fact that Solanke shouldered a substantial proportion of the creative burden last season through his ability to drop deep and link play, and the fact that this new way of playing doesn’t allow him to do that, it’s looking like goals are going to be hard to come by.

Aside from when Liverpool were down to ten men, have we actually created a good goal scoring chance yet? Both of our goals have come from lucky breaks of the ball in the box falling to one of our attackers. I can’t recall us actually creating a good scoring opportunity yet while playing eleven verses eleven.

Today the only player I felt like really had the ability to open them up and create something was Kluivert, and he got taken off early on for the painfully ineffective Anthony.

Last year we stayed up playing a more counter attacking game, I can’t help but feel that with the players that we have that they are better suited to playing this way. If you’re going to try to play as high up the pitch as we are, you need players who can create enough to compensate for the chances that we will inevitably concede surely?

Can we talk about that sything down on Semenyo. In what world does any ref at any level of the game not give that as a free kick and a yellow card at least. He almost broke his leg. It was literally the worst tackle of the day and didnt even constitute a foul. Shocking.
We can talk, but it looked a stone wall free kick in a good position and yellow card, or not apparently according to the awful refs we've seen this season.

Was a bit baffled by the substitutions seemed to flounder a bit afterwards always have soft officials never gonna change that lacked a spark in midfield Phillip and Kelly looked ponderous at times hopefully our new midfielders will be fit soon.

I recall the time we played Leicester and EH told Adam Smith to man mark Maddison, he followed him everywhere and Maddison never got a kick. He got subbed after an hour. Today he ran it.
Good memory, yeah Smudge would have been handy to have available.

While we're missing a load of players we should have been putting together more good moves.

A disjointed performance from an imbalanced
Squad. There were elements of good play today, like others have said after Cooks arrival but we’ve ended up in a situation where we have ten players - Semenyo, Brooks, Outtara, Tavernier, Christie, Traore, Moore, Anthony, Kluivert and Solanke vying for three forward spots and just three players vying for three midfield spots.

On top of that despite the vast amount of money spent on Kluivert and Traore they don’t seem up to the physical rigours of the English game and the rest of them who also cost a fortune rarely looking like scoring. Al has given his verdict on them and has asked for an eleventh player in this slot!

Meanwhile three fit players vie for three midfield positions.

Bill got the cheque book out… shame he gave it to dumb and dumber…

A special award deserved for the East Stand linesman. His eye sight so powerful he can flag a foul upon spotting a micron of Kerkez's finger on Richarlison's back causing him to tumble in agony. He can't see anything of a foul requiring a check for violent conduct that was 30 centimetres in from his touchline. Absolute clown show of inconsistent officiating today.

Thought we did ok to well in patches for the first hour, before falling off a cliff of energy level after that point. The trouble was for all our huff and puff we created almost nothing.

Kluivert flatters to deceive and is on a different wavelength to Solanke and Kerkez around him. No understanding there yet. Solanke not really at the races today either.

Probably Neto's poorest game in a Cherries shirt today. Hopefully just a blip. Guess we'll see Radu midweek.

Kerkez and Aarons come out with bags of credit. Rothwell was individually excellent even if midfield lacks balance. Phil B good in flashes although not sure what his position was supposed to be. Christie does Chrstie things, and even managed a decent shot on target.

Desperately need to get some players fit to strengthen the bench, we can't win games at this level with that sort of drop off in energy.

A disjointed performance from an imbalanced
Squad. There were elements of good play today, like others have said after Cooks arrival but we’ve ended up in a situation where we have ten players - Semenyo, Brooks, Outtara, Tavernier, Christie, Traore, Moore, Anthony, Kluivert and Solanke vying for three forward spots and just three players vying for three midfield spots.

On top of that despite the vast amount of money spent on Kluivert and Traore they don’t seem up to the physical rigours of the English game and the rest of them who also cost a fortune rarely looking like scoring. Al has given his verdict on them and has asked for an eleventh player in this slot!

Meanwhile three fit players vie for three midfield positions.

Bill got the cheque book out… shame he gave it to dumb and dumber…

Lol. That didn't take long.

;