Posting Frequency on the Forum

Are you more likely/less likely/about the same to post on the Forum as you were a few years ago?

• 1) More likely

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • 2) Less Likely

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • 3) About the same

Votes: 33 45.8%

• Total voters
Thanks TJ, an interesting discussion topic.
I will and do post when I have something to add to a conversation, but by and large the forum has changed, and not for the better frankly. I don't know anyone on here, have never met anyone and so am not party to "inside" jokes and comments. As a result I can rarely add original content.

The puerile squabbling between some posters just puts me off, and I avoid reading those posts.
Because I cannot get to matches, I rely on this forum for insight into players, the club and totally rely on it for the sharing of significant backroom updates. Thank you all for that.

I would be disappointed if the forum disappeared, but as several others have shared, I do miss some of the original characters who brought life and laughter to their posts. I suppose it is beginning to feel rather stale.

Thanks TJ, an interesting discussion topic.
I will and do post when I have something to add to a conversation, but by and large the forum has changed, and not for the better frankly. I don't know anyone on here, have never met anyone and so am not party to "inside" jokes and comments. As a result I can rarely add original content.

The puerile squabbling between some posters just puts me off, and I avoid reading those posts.
Because I cannot get to matches, I rely on this forum for insight into players, the club and totally rely on it for the sharing of significant backroom updates. Thank you all for that.

I would be disappointed if the forum disappeared, but as several others have shared, I do miss some of the original characters who brought life and laughter to their posts. I suppose it is beginning to feel rather stale.

Yeah. Although not sure how long you've been reading, I'm going to assume not prior to 10 years ago?? (sorry if wrong).

Can't thing of that many characters who've left, but added particularly noticeable laughter whilst here TBH compared to whats left now.... lol.

I still read the forum occasionally but no longer post anything (apart from this obviously). I don’t post now ‘cause I whenever I did post something I felt relevant my post was completely (and deliberately?) ignored. It definitely feels like a private member club where guest are DEFINITELY not welcome. Just my view and I’m fully expecting this to be ignored as well!

I still read the forum occasionally but no longer post anything (apart from this obviously). I don’t post now ‘cause I whenever I did post something I felt relevant my post was completely (and deliberately?) ignored. It definitely feels like a private member club where guest are DEFINITELY not welcome. Just my view and I’m fully expecting this to be ignored as well!

Not sure guv. Can think of plenty of new posters that have been well-received over the past few years.

Perhaps you post was lost in the middle of a post match argument/squabble :D

Not sure guv. Can think of plenty of new posters that have been well-received over the past few years.

Perhaps you post was lost in the middle of a post match argument/squabble :D
Thanks for the reply! Sadly I’ve actually started posts which have been ignored. I remember starting one re pre match rituals and superstitions that I thought might be fun (mine are pretty weird I guess and rarely work anyway) This post yielded zero results.

Avid daily reader but casual poster... Has probably been this way for what feels like forever... I post on things that strike a chord and leave the rest for others to debate/rant on... Some of the old posters' pseudonyms mentioned on this thread have brought back good memories...

As others have said, there are several posters that I tend to gloss over, just liek there are several posters that I always read...but I never put anyone on ignore as everyone's opinion should be welcomed on here...

I sometimes feel a little uncomfortable with what can border on bullying, with some posts and posters, but fortunately, this dysfunctional family we share always seems to come out the other end ok...

I would probably agree with others in that this forum, it's predecessors and it's posters have become a constant in my day-to-day life...

Thanks for the reply! Sadly I’ve actually started posts which have been ignored. I remember starting one re pre match rituals and superstitions that I thought might be fun (mine are pretty weird I guess and rarely work anyway) This post yielded zero results.

I think you're probably not noticed rather than ignored. If people are ignoring you, they'll make a point of telling you and tell you they're ignoring you replies as well : )

Always enjoyed this and the predecessor forum. Always amazes me a little how people take things so seriously but each to their own!

It’s nice when people come up and introduce themselves. Still waiting for someone to organise a Christmas party.

Shame you don't post more often, that negative miserable moaning attitude pretty much guarantees you'll fit right in.

I see I joined this Forum 18 years ago, it's obviously changed a lot, as we all have, let alone social media, the world, KFC ( I don't care what they say, it's changed from then, just like it's changed from the '70s. Same recipe, my eye).

Back then myself and the Good Lady were relative newbies to the club but we knew we were Boscombe for live even then. I'll be honest coming on here was and is a release for me. Not only did I have the Good Lady to look after but 2 teenage kids and 3 or 4 part time jobs ( just to make matters more complex both kids had serious physical and mental health problems, it robbed them both of the education they could have had but, having survived, made me so proud of them being able to live normal lives ). I used to be able to have my cup of tea/coffee ( beer at weekends), sit at the desk top and for half an hour, see the thoughts of regular people and share my thoughts with them. Over nearly 2 decades you lot have been a release valve from any stress that's been building up. Thank you for that, even if you didn't know you were doing it : )

Now though, I have less free time than then, although one kid's left home, one remains and still needs some help, the Good Lady requires a bit more assistance and Riverside Rocket days take at least 3 days out of a week. So I don't have the time to post as frequently. I will say, the flow of humour and banter has weakened but I think a lot of that's down to societal and social media changes, also everything changes and evolves : )

I've met loads of you in person ( to numerous to mention individually ) and I am pleased to have met you. Every one of you I've met it's (genuinely) been a privilege. It's amazing what Football Fandom can do, I never met Al Gard, Mick Cunningham, Nonny etc but with each ones passing, I felt I'd lost a friend.

In conclusion to this ramble, can we have less faux feuding, faux outrage and faux bollix designed to prick out imaginations and make us better people. We're playing Liverpool in the cup tomorrow, do you remember, when we had to play Burnley in the FA cup instead of them and it was a financial disaster. Now we're in the same league as both of them. Life is a long strange trip : )

I see I joined this Forum 18 years ago, it's obviously changed a lot, as we all have, let alone social media, the world, KFC ( I don't care what they say, it's changed from then, just like it's changed from the '70s. Same recipe, my eye).

Back then myself and the Good Lady were relative newbies to the club but we knew we were Boscombe for live even then. I'll be honest coming on here was and is a release for me. Not only did I have the Good Lady to look after but 2 teenage kids and 3 or 4 part time jobs ( just to make matters more complex both kids had serious physical and mental health problems, it robbed them both of the education they could have had but, having survived, made me so proud of them being able to live normal lives ). I used to be able to have my cup of tea/coffee ( beer at weekends), sit at the desk top and for half an hour, see the thoughts of regular people and share my thoughts with them. Over nearly 2 decades you lot have been a release valve from any stress that's been building up. Thank you for that, even if you didn't know you were doing it : )

Now though, I have less free time than then, although one kid's left home, one remains and still needs some help, the Good Lady requires a bit more assistance and Riverside Rocket days take at least 3 days out of a week. So I don't have the time to post as frequently. I will say, the flow of humour and banter has weakened but I think a lot of that's down to societal and social media changes, also everything changes and evolves : )

I've met loads of you in person ( to numerous to mention individually ) and I am pleased to have met you. Every one of you I've met it's (genuinely) been a privilege. It's amazing what Football Fandom can do, I never met Al Gard, Mick Cunningham, Nonny etc but with each ones passing, I felt I'd lost a friend.

In conclusion to this ramble, can we have less faux feuding, faux outrage and faux bollix designed to prick out imaginations and make us better people. We're playing Liverpool in the cup tomorrow, do you remember, when we had to play Burnley in the FA cup instead of them and it was a financial disaster. Now we're in the same league as both of them. Life is a long strange trip : )
Love it table, speaking from the heart as always. UTCIAD.

I post less, but I read just as much though am more selective about which threads I read. I do skim read more than I used to though. In general I just watch far less football, since COVID my interests changed and I'd rather have the golf on if I'm watching TV now instead of a non-AFCB football match. AFCB matches are still the priority over anything else and arrange my day around them if I can. I also don't stay up for the midnight kick offs anymore which I used to do, afcb or not. I'm +4 hours for most of the season while the UK is GMT. Too much work for that these days.

:clap:

Good post!

I post less, but I read just as much though am more selective about which threads I read. I do skim read more than I used to though. In general I just watch far less football, since COVID my interests changed and I'd rather have the golf on if I'm watching TV now instead of a non-AFCB football match. AFCB matches are still the priority over anything else and arrange my day around them if I can. I also don't stay up for the midnight kick offs anymore which I used to do, afcb or not. I'm +4 hours for most of the season while the UK is GMT. Too much work for that these days.

I quite liked watching football in SE Asia bars when I was over there for a year 20 odd years back. 7 or 8 hours ahead, usually had a few vodka/Redbulls in the system by 10/11pm at that point, which worked well, with not interfering with the day, although tbh as AFCB werent on wasn't fussed with going out my way to watch it, but was easy to find bars with it on in background - particularly as my mate is a Newcastle fan.

The Redbull over there apparently has some different ingredients, not allowed in the 'West'... not amphetamines though as rumours alluded to... and was flat iirc, rather than fizzy - that all may have changed 20 years on though!

Highlights were finding out from a Star Sports/ESPN reporter who was in a Thai Bar/Nightclub thing that we'd beaten Blackburn on pens one evening.

Also around that time, randomly met a fellow AFCB fan in a dodgy 'after hours' nightclub (think clubs/bars had to close everywhere in Bangkok at 2am back then, but taxi drivers and people you met in bars would give you addresses of after hours 'speak easy' places) at 4am. Bumped into him a few more times. Maybe he's on here? When I saw him I thought that face looks familiar (not too difficult as we only had about 350 fans back then... :D) and funny enough, yes, turned out to be a proper AFCB fan! Saw him a few more times in that club. Chances of that, right :D.

Met some very sound people actually during that year. Still in touch with one person who I met at Full Moon party in Kho Pha Ngan. Turned out to be 'proper' Bristol City fan. Ended up getting on really well, he went to away games, was well into Football Manager too. Amount of hours we spent sharing stories about football and that damn game on the island :D. He also owned a BMW M3 at very young age, which is a car I've also loved/wanted since 90's and now have good fortune to own myself :). Luckily he didn't seem to recognise me, as I recall once 'goading' the City away coaches as they drove away from the ground after we beat them once, I was pointing, then rubbing my eyes pretending to cry, amongst other gestures which obviously wasn't well received by many on the coaches :D

Anyway, I ramble on. But yes, I've long lost interest in watching any football other than AFCB and England in major tournament finals tbh. Find it pretty boring/not engaging at all tbh. Need emotional investment in the match, otherwise plenty of other stuff I'd rather be doing.

Last edited:
@MB1980 Yeah it's completely different there, almost like cough syrup. I met an afcb fan in Bangkok and watched a game, never saw him again though. I've met 2 people from the forum here in Dubai to watch a game, though I haven't seen them post in a while. Unfortunately didn't manage to meet up with Al when he was over.

;