Posting Frequency on the Forum

Are you more likely/less likely/about the same to post on the Forum as you were a few years ago?

• 1) More likely

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • 2) Less Likely

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • 3) About the same

Votes: 33 45.8%

• Total voters
I've always been more of a lurker than a poster. I tend to only post about football related stuff although I read and enjoy seeing people's views on other stuff. The bitchiness and desperation of some people to be proved right is a bit tedious as is some posters need to make every thread about themselves but there is also some great humour on here that often makes me laugh out loud. As an exile the forum helps me feel connected to my club and fellow fans even though I've only met one or two of you in person.

Ive never been on those prediction competition threads. Must be carnage.

Same here. Sometimes accidently enter them when the bloody advert appears a second or so after refreshing home page.

Shall we head over and start rabble rousing?

@New Old Cherry @Neil Dawson

I'll send you a meeting invite, so we co-ordinate our plan of attack.

Appears those threads have gotten off lightly and escaped our attention for far too long now. The time has come to make our move gents...

I still read the forum occasionally but no longer post anything (apart from this obviously). I don’t post now ‘cause I whenever I did post something I felt relevant my post was completely (and deliberately?) ignored. It definitely feels like a private member club where guest are DEFINITELY not welcome. Just my view and I’m fully expecting this to be ignored as well!
I certainly don't think it's a case of not being welcome and far more likely you just said something reasonable. I've had a quick look at your post history most of it is prior to 2019 and think that's probably the case.

It's normally the most controversial posts that draw the most replies. I'd say most replies are 90% disagreement and 10% agree and elaborate. I'd read into it that if nobody is shooting it down it's validation that it's a good post :)

Top post from Table. Aways the voice of reason.

Following Boscombe has been a part of my life since 1967. At times it has been the thing that has kept me going.

Meeting up with people is always best but this and other fora (one for the grammar Police) have been good additions, especially since all seater which meant we lost an important part of match day, the ability to stand with whoever you wanted.

Fanzines the same. They offered a sense of community, something different. I remain in debt to Mick and Rob for letting me contribute and to Wayne (of AFCB) and others for their fanzines.

The forum for me is a chance to hear from others, not just about football but anything else. If I'm not interested I don't read it.

I like the fun, humour and absurdity. Arise sirs ghost of Ken and table.

I check in every day but post less often. I find the squabbles, name calling and gainsaying tiresome. I choose not to spend my time looking and reading such things. I think brexit brought out the worst in many, driven by politicians and others who had a vested interest in promoting a binary argument. Same happening with Israel and Palestine. I do my own research and reading and my understanding isn't furthered by reading what's on here. I would add that there are many well reasoned posts about such things but they are often drowned out by those less informed, politically driven or otherwise.

I know maybe 8 or 10 people on here pretty well and have probably met 20 others.

I love the match discussions and will continue to look every day. I like it best when things make me laugh.

UTCIAD

I certainly don't think it's a case of not being welcome and far more likely you just said something reasonable. I've had a quick look at your post history most of it is prior to 2019 and think that's probably the case.

It's normally the most controversial posts that draw the most replies. I'd say most replies are 90% disagreement and 10% agree and elaborate. I'd read into it that if nobody is shooting it down it's validation that it's a good post :)

Yes, they should take it as compliment.

If they had no response, probably meant they were too well-balanced, 'normal' to garner a reply...

Def read and post much less than I did.
Probably because as the years advance I realise that it’s only a game and arguing about it is just a bit of a waste of time.
Amazing how seriously some folk take all this.
About 15 yrs ago a well know poster on here got so angry with me that they found out where I was a teacher and contacted my headteacher to tell them that I shout and swear at football matches and wasn’t a decent role model to children. Fortunately I was married to that headteacher - so she just laughed and said that she knew.
Scary to think that I have been sharing views with AFCB fans who I mostly don’t know, and frequently dislike, since the Ray Brown email list back in the very early days of the internet.
A sucker for punishment eh?

Def read and post much less than I did.
Probably because as the years advance I realise that it’s only a game and arguing about it is just a bit of a waste of time.
Amazing how seriously some folk take all this.
About 15 yrs ago a well know poster on here got so angry with me that they found out where I was a teacher and contacted my headteacher to tell them that I shout and swear at football matches and wasn’t a decent role model to children. Fortunately I was married to that headteacher - so she just laughed and said that she knew.
Scary to think that I have been sharing views with AFCB fans who I mostly don’t know, and frequently dislike, since the Ray Brown email list back in the very early days of the internet.
A sucker for punishment eh?

F***ing hell, what a thing to do.

Out of interest, do you still have the mullet?

I see I joined this Forum 18 years ago, it's obviously changed a lot, as we all have, let alone social media, the world, KFC ( I don't care what they say, it's changed from then, just like it's changed from the '70s. Same recipe, my eye).

This place only really kicked on when Rivals went tits up I recall, they tried to change their format or something. I remember popping over here before then for a mooch but most of the aggro:innocent: and good stuff was back on the other site . This was very civilised with only a few polite topics. Then one morning in 2007 it all changed.

I post much less than the halcyon days when we were truly tosh and there was usually a post pub run of crazy posts and arguments on a Friday / Sat night. Nowadays I feel like I'm simply repeating myself but there again it's frightening to think I've been arguing debating with druss and stan for 16 years (usually about the same things). That's longer than most marriages :)

I took a break not long back when a few nutters turned up and tried to dominate at all costs but deep down my interest is probably fading, hence less posts as life changes and moves on.

This place only really kicked on when Rivals went tits up I recall, they tried to change their format or something. I remember popping over here before then for a mooch but most of the aggro:innocent: and good stuff was back on the other site . This was very civilised with only a few polite topics. Then one morning in 2007 it all changed.

I post much less than the halcyon days when we were truly tosh and there was usually a post pub run of crazy posts and arguments on a Friday / Sat night. Nowadays I feel like I'm simply repeating myself but there again it's frightening to think I've been arguing debating with druss and stan for 16 years (usually about the same things). That's longer than most marriages :)

I took a break not long back when a few nutters turned up and tried to dominate at all costs but deep down my interest is probably fading, hence less posts as life changes and moves on.
I echo most of that

Compared to Red and Black this is a Sunday school

As I've got older and mellowed it sort of suits me, but I still miss the death threats
The nice thing about this site is, compared to the Ohec and Bookface we have very few morons

It was coming from a Public Bar (with a number of visiting fans), into a Saloon/Lounge Bar, then you also had the Snug Bar.

Last edited:
Been a lurker since 08 or 09, very rarely posted until more recently when my daughter joined the women.

I just noted that it’s 18 years tomorrow since I first registered. As has been noted, during 2005-2007, not much happened on here as rednblack was the forum of choice until it was ruined overnight by a software update of some kind.

I would say that I’ve read 90%+ of football related threads over the years yet only managed an average of 20 posts per year. So, recognising I’m largely a passive “taker” and will likely remain so… a big thank you to those members who contribute regularly with posts that are insightful, stay on topic and aren’t repetitive. Bonus thank you to members who write in a way that immediately identifies whether their post is something based on: (a) publicly verifiable facts; (b) publicly unverifiable facts that are nevertheless within the posters knowledge for objectively believable reasons; or (c) opinion or conjecture.

Nothing wrong with the latter of course… if identifiable as such!

Just checked and been on here since 2009 and made about 900 posts
Read most of the content but only post irregularly when moved to do so
Exiled down Devon way at the moment but won’t ever give up following from afar and appreciating the odd match I can get a ticket to
Used to be a15 minute walk from Boscombe when I first started going in the early 70s and you could just turn up but now it’s a bit more effort and planning

;