Pre season Portugal.

AlGard

UTC Legend
Obviously because of the pandemic, nobody made the Benfica friendly 2 years ago.
I am hoping a return visit is on the cards.
Is anyone interested in a few days in Lisbon should this happen?

Great place to visit, reasonably priced, and glorious July weather.

Anyone contemplating it?

I might vist the Algarve district for some golf if they are playing around that area.
Does anyone know where the training camp will be.

I might be up for it but depends on price and accessibility - somewhere you can get to on public transport with a reasonable walk.

Bournemouth have flights to Faro. Is that anywhere near where they will be going?
Estadio Algarve is near faro - a modern stadium that was built for euro 2004 (I saw Russia v Greece there) and they hosted an invitational cup each summer. Maybe this revived after not being played for a few years?

Last edited:
Something at Estadio Algarve would be fantastic. Got three weeks just over the border in Spain so less than half an hour away. If they go to Lisbon it will be about a three hour drive for me so would definitely do it.

Something at Estadio Algarve would be fantastic. Got three weeks just over the border in Spain so less than half an hour away. If they go to Lisbon it will be about a three hour drive for me so would definitely do it.
Very quick flight faro to Lisbon if you want to save time and if you get a decent deal.

Estadio Algarve is near faro - a modern stadium that was built for euro 2004 (I saw Russia v Greece there) and they hosted an invitational cup each summer. Maybe this revived after not being played for a few years?
Faro is lovely, make sure to take a boat to olao for the seafood.

If they are playing anywhere near there then I may well take a flight over.

;