Pre-Season - US Tour

Competitive English League matches on a foreign soil is anathema to me and, I suspect, to everyone else who has supported their club their whole lives through thick and thin from the very first time that they ever went there.
If it ever happened in the States you guys could watch it, but you would not be part of it like we are. The same applies to all the sports tourists we see taking selfies at the great Premier League venues.
It is our game, and we are not merely spectators, we are invested participants along with the players. That is something that cannot possibly be exported, and if someone manages to stage such games against all our wishes, it will deprive us of something very meaningful in our lives just to give you a bit of meaningless entertainment in yours.
If you want to be part of it, you have to come over here and experience it for real, not stay at home and watch a plastic substitute of the original.
Excellent description of how you see it. Thanks.

This thread really defines the rationale for me being here. Informative, impassioned, and not a lot of "I'm right, you're wrong" stuff. Varying views, well expressed.

And the summer tour in NA is an exciting prospect for many of us over here.

If we are playing in Nashville July 27th looks like it is open.
LAFC could be an early August match, maybe Aug 3 or Aug 6
LA Galaxy looks tight schedule wise but Jul 27th is open

Having said all that we could be playing another PL team
Having decided to watch afcb in la manga for a few days in Spain you can imagine my disbelief that an established prem team was to play Bristol rovers!!

Just on Sky Sports. The President of La Liga in Spain announces that they’re looking to hold competitive match(es?) in the US starting from 2026, to “secure La Liga’s position in North America, which is second after Spain”.

Anyone for Wrexham in Butte, Montana?

On another point, what we really must do is cut out FA Cup replays. There is an urgent need to think about the players and cut down on the number of matches played.
Also get rid of the carabao cup.
Smaller teams have said they like the FA cup replays as it can be a big revenue for them vs a prem team. I do agree less games would benefit all teams at all levels

I suppose that everyone had the e-mail just now.

The playing squad will be travelling to Los Angeles, California on 15 July and will be based at the world-class training facilities of MLS team LA Galaxy. The two-week trip will also take in a visit to Santa Barbara, and Bill Foley's stunning Hotel Californian.

The tour sees the Cherries competing in their first two friendly matches of pre-season, with details to be confirmed in due course. You can pre-register your interest below to receive further information on tour updates, ticket details and hospitality packages.

Will match tickets earn away points?

Last edited:

The playing squad will be travelling to Los Angeles, California on 15 July and will be based at the world-class training facilities of MLS team LA Galaxy. The two-week trip will also take in a visit to Santa Barbara, and Bill Foley's stunning Hotel Californian.

The tour sees the Cherries competing in their first two friendly matches of pre-season, with details to be confirmed in due course. You can pre-register your interest below to receive further information on tour updates, ticket details and hospitality packages.

not if you don't attend :)

No, but the vineyard tour will.

Can’t think of Foley’s Californian vineyards without thinking of this very enjoyable film, hard to believe it’s twenty years old.

LA Galaxy
Dignity Health Sports Park features an 8,000-seat tennis stadium, a 25,174-seat stadium for soccer, football and other athletic competitions and outdoor concerts; a 2,000-seat facility for track & field and a 2,450-seat indoor Velodrome – the VELO Sports Center – for track cycling.dignity.jpg

;