Premier League 22/23

That result makes Sunday a bit more spicy.

Really looking forward to it - promises to be a very interesting atmosphere one or another whatever happens!

Maybe but Leicester really need a win, otherwise relying on us to do something at Everton
I thought that. They were clearly playing for the draw, started wasting time very early on. A win would have been so much more valuable to them and at 0-0 with 15 minutes to play, the win was very much within reach but the players showed zero ambition to try to grab it. Was Dean Smith getting annoyed with them ? They cut to him going mental and waving his arms about. I didn't see the whole match but I did wonder whether their manager wanted the win and it was the players who decided that a point would be enough. It was an odd one.
Mind you, looking at the stats it does look as if the manager set them up to just not lose. One shot on goal before that late chance ?

Anyway, relying on us to get a result at Everton when we've already got a ton of sand up our jacksies seems brave, to say the least !

I thought that. They were clearly playing for the draw, started wasting time very early on. A win would have been so much more valuable to them and at 0-0 with 15 minutes to play, the win was very much within reach but the players showed zero ambition to try to grab it. Was Dean Smith getting annoyed with them ? They cut to him going mental and waving his arms about. I didn't see the whole match but I did wonder whether their manager wanted the win and it was the players who decided that a point would be enough. It was an odd one.
Mind you, looking at the stats it does look as if the manager set them up to just not lose. One shot on goal before that late chance ?

Anyway, relying on us to get a result at Everton when we've already got a ton of sand up our jacksies seems brave, to say the least !
They did nothing for about 85 mins, zero shots and something like 17% possession. The last 10 mins, including injury time they went for it, had one really good chance that pope saved, but that was it.
How Newcastle didn't score, they must have hit the post 3 times.

It was rope-a-dope. They went for it in the last 5/10 minutes and very nearly won it. No clean sheet in about 200 games so I thought it was a decent enough plan.

I thought Eddie Howe went into Howe mode for the last 10 mins, as a draw would secure a Champions League spot. Just imagine if Leicester had scored from the close range shot,
He would be getting crap from their own fans.

It was rope-a-dope. They went for it in the last 5/10 minutes and very nearly won it. No clean sheet in about 200 games so I thought it was a decent enough plan.
Ah ok. That must have been the manager giving them the signal to get up then.
But even after that, they were time wasting and often just fannying about rather than trying to get forward. I couldn't help feeling that the players thought that a draw would be enough....

;