Premier League 23/24

23-24...a time to start shedding off our Tinpot status and image...
..and at the same time go back to being Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic with the old badge..that looked like a decent crest such as other clubs have...or invent a better one...but get rid of this daft headbanger version !
We need to be taken seriously and feared by all !

Luton have arrived to take our place as the joke club...with their tiny 10,000 capacity ...so let's step on it and have a European place as the target .
Brighton have set the example for the smaller clubs.

I'm hoping that doesn't sound too Elitist....it doesn't have to be... If we do it with hard work and cunning plans...

Last edited:
The Monday after a strange season where it really became evident that players across this strange league play to their best, at 100% effort, ONLY when they feel like it . ..Managers get sacked over it. ...especially when they cite that as a reason when in conference with the owners . ' Lazy Players'...a viral disease in modern football. MONEY is the underpinning of it .
We slid down the table rapidly in Eddie's last season....and I have a hunch that a certain member of staff was sacked because he spoke up about lazy players.
I say a hunch, because I could be wrong....but something happened that we are not told of...and it wasn't just around Fraser.

Lazy Players'. . focus on it.. .because what you pay to watch is a sizable chunk of your income.. and their income is off the scale of decency !

The Monday after a strange season where it really became evident that players across this strange league play to their best, at 100% effort, ONLY when they feel like it . ..Managers get sacked over it. ...especially when they cite that as a reason when in conference with the owners . ' Lazy Players'...a viral disease in modern football. MONEY is the underpinning of it .
We slid down the table rapidly in Eddie's last season....and I have a hunch that a certain member of staff was sacked because he spoke up about lazy players.
I say a hunch, because I could be wrong....but something happened that we are not told of...and it wasn't just around Fraser.

Lazy Players'. . focus on it.. .because what you pay to watch is a sizable chunk of your income.. and their income is off the scale of decency !

You reckon Yems was sacked after pointing out lazy players to Howe?

You reckon Yems was sacked after pointing out lazy players to Howe?

Something like that...we don't get told why...so we can speculate..
...I just put it out there ..take or leave it...
...as long as Money is the prime - mover of Events PL.....I guess I'm going to upset not a few 'afcb' fans.

Post postscript .. how many shots at goal yesterday.....smoke that !
Plenty of hard work by some players in a reasonably good performance overall...but 'bursts' of laziness and lack of passion were also in evidence from others.

Last edited:
Something like that...we don't get told why...so we can speculate..
...I just put it out there ..take or leave it...
...as long as Money is the prime - mover of Events PL.....I guess I'm going to upset not a few 'afcb' fans.
yems didn't get sacked though his contract was not renewed there is a big difference, in Eddie's eyes he didn't offer anything to the club, I'm sorry but your hero just wasn't needed here whelatever he done while he was here (does anyone know?) wasn't deemed good enough

as you like to say END OF

yems didn't get sacked though his contract was not renewed there is a big difference, in Eddie's eyes he didn't offer anything to the club, I'm sorry but your hero just wasn't needed here whelatever he done while he was here (does anyone know?) wasn't deemed good enough

as you like to say END OF

We know very little....and so I say a lot....my modus operandi.
I have a chuckle at responses....and then work up some more material....thread killers and conversation stoppers...My God it's fun !

23-24 will be more of the same- Man City Money FC leading the spread of points from circa 90 down to circa 25...new players being tried out...new managers replacing the Losers.

The Cherries fitting in somewhere between MC and this campaigns anchor act....the bookies will.probably have us at 18th above Sheffield and Luton.

The whole thing, football generally, needs a revamp basically, because let's face it, it's not a particularly good product is it.?

Saving the sorry show from Boscombe's angle is the fact we are embarking on Mr Foley's first full season and the associated interest factor which is of a considerable impact..or so it seems.

Last edited:
I expect us to be fighting relegation at some point but hopefully towards the end of the season we are safe. I’d like more exciting football obviously. Will we get a pen ????

Maybe time for some to stop of thinking of Brighton being ran on a shoestring.

Lining up 40 mill bid for Colwill, after signing JP from Watford for 30 Mill recently.

Colwill is absolutely fantastic player/prospect though and imo will probably work out as a good investment.
Yes but they've had some huge transfer incoming and more to come

Yes but they've had some huge transfer incoming and more to come

They missed out a bit with Mac Allister. They wanted £60m+ for him but turns out he has a £35m release clause. Still hefty but they could have got more without the clause.

They missed out a bit with Mac Allister. They wanted £60m+ for him but turns out he has a £35m release clause. Still hefty but they could have got more without the clause.

Would hardly have come as a surprise to them?

;