Premier League 23/24

It'll fall away like the China fad did.

The game is popular here, not so much in Saudi I imagine.

Yep, very difficult for these nu-rich leagues to maintain momentum to get/keep large amounts of peoples interest.

I think there will come a point where a Global tournament will be integrated with the current Euro club comps. But done more decisively compared to the current global club comps that no one gives a sh1t about. Will be a long time yet, but I think given spending power some middle Eastern countries have, I think they could keep momentum of accumulating good to excellent international players, and eventually get taken somewhat seriously by uefa/fifa.

On a side note, i notice CR7 is still flexing his (metaphorical) muscles and influencing managerial decisions.

Worked out OK for the manager though, as somewhat bizarrely, Napoli have appointed him head coach, after Spaletti stepped away after bringing the Serie A title back to Naples:

It'll fall away like the China fad did.

The game is popular here, not so much in Saudi I imagine.
China certainly lost momentum but expect the appeal is less on local interest and more on global tv deals esp with a LIV type poaching of top club side brands to booster global appeal

China certainly lost momentum but expect the appeal is less on local interest and more on global tv deals esp with a LIV type poaching of top club side brands to booster global appeal
Think the Chinese Government imposed some sort of tax on clubs buying overseas players for big money .

It's PL because it means Wolves would finally have wiggle room to give their manager some money to spend after the Neves sale sorted out their FFP issue, but the real story is Maidenhead.

Given our history and how deals that would have brought us a big sell on clause bonus seem to fall apart (Matt Holland to Villa for £4m anyone?), good to see a team further down the pyramid benefit significantly from one.

Seems to be mix bad reaction to him from Man U fans.

Sons feel he has been outstanding and a great keeper whilst others think De Gea staying too long and his faults outweighed the positives.

Yeah. Also around value. Wasn't he on a crazy wage too?

Although assume he'd have to take a cut this time if no one prepared to pay his previous salary - which i don't think he's worth anywhere near now and arguably hasn't been for a long time.

Yeah. Also around value. Wasn't he on a crazy wage too?

Although assume he'd have to take a cut this time if no one prepared to pay his previous salary - which i don't think he's worth anywhere near now and arguably hasn't been for a long time.
Yes got 350k a week just as he was getting worse which as you say hardly helped.

Certainly would have had to accept a lower offer .

;