Premier League 23/24

O'Neil is doing OK......shaping up quite well on the managerial front as well as the coaching.
It's probably quite inappropriate that Cherries fans throw any criticism his way...we can observe him from a quite neutral position now ...that should help in giving him a fair appraisal.
He certainly can't be deemed a failure in Cherries History.

I don't think that many people are saying that GON was a failure. Just, that there is comparative contentment with what we have just now. The football of late has been fun and consistent. Two words which did not often apply under GON at AFCB.

On another point, and thinking about managers we love, Brentford seem to be plummeting down the table.

Would’ve liked to have stayed 10th but still have the game in hand.

Not sure what’s happened to Brentford, injuries and absences catching up? Wolves were clinical enough, but Brentford were absolutely appalling at the back. Collins seems like one of those fashionable buys on paper, that won’t actually be good enough for the PL long term. Could be a dark horse to go down.

Interesting game to watch. O’Neil still seems happy to do the sit back and soak up pressure “tactic”. Not sure that would’ve ended happily without the 3 Brentford gifts, but it worked tonight - so fair play I suppose. If anything, it shows that Wolves could’ve been a lot better these last 2 and a bit seasons with a more attacking coach; they have lots of quality.

Would’ve liked to have stayed 10th but still have the game in hand.

Not sure what’s happened to Brentford, injuries and absences catching up? Wolves were clinical enough, but Brentford were absolutely appalling at the back. Collins seems like one of those fashionable buys on paper, that won’t actually be good enough for the PL long term. Could be a dark horse to go down.

Interesting game to watch. O’Neil still seems happy to do the sit back and soak up pressure “tactic”. Not sure that would’ve ended happily without the 3 Brentford gifts, but it worked tonight - so fair play I suppose. If anything, it shows that Wolves could’ve been a lot better these last 2 and a bit seasons with a more attacking coach; they have lots of quality.
I thought both teams were awful. Lets hope Luton can keep winning.

Only halfway through the season so too early to make grand pronouncements ............ but ............

If Sheffield United and Burley are headed for the drop, who goes with them? Only 4 points separate 14th and 18th, and Fulham are just two further clear. It will be a real Mini-League yet again, without AFCB this time I expect. The January window will be really important for that group, there's not a lot to choose between them at this stage.

Only halfway through the season so too early to make grand pronouncements ............ but ............

If Sheffield United and Burley are headed for the drop, who goes with them? Only 4 points separate 14th and 18th, and Fulham are just two further clear. It will be a real Mini-League yet again, without AFCB this time I expect. The January window will be really important for that group, there's not a lot to choose between them at this stage.
Yes as much as I want luton to stay up, its hard to see any others picking up less points. Hope I'm wrong

With Brentford it will be interesting to see what Toney is like when he returns. Plus a fit again Mbuemo.

With Brentford it will be interesting to see what Toney is like when he returns. Plus a fit again Mbuemo.
There’s talk Toney will be straight off to Chelsea, Arsenal or Newcastle. It’s not like he is returning from an injury so so gamble.

Interesting one with relegation this year. I can't see Burnley or Sheffield Utd stringing together enough of a run to get out of it but if Luton keep up their form it'll get very tasty.

There's no obvious candidate for the drop if it's not Luton (2 months ago it was us...). It'd become an almighty scrap to be the least bad out of Everton, Forest, Palace, Brentford and Fulham (and maybe us if our form took an absolute nose dive).

I still think Luton's lack of squad depth will be their downfall and they will go. If I had to pick out of the remaining list to go down should Luton stay up, my head says Palace or Brentford but my heart says Forest.

Very little chance it will be Everton and Fulham are terribly inconsistent and missed jiminez last couple of games . That leaves forest, palace and Brentford (if luton did survive) . Palace had always enough quality to avoid relegation easily enough but is this the season they run out of luck and eze and olise are not enough to keep them up? Think forest survive under Nuno and Brentford too.

Interesting one with relegation this year. I can't see Burnley or Sheffield Utd stringing together enough of a run to get out of it but if Luton keep up their form it'll get very tasty.

There's no obvious candidate for the drop if it's not Luton (2 months ago it was us...). It'd become an almighty scrap to be the least bad out of Everton, Forest, Palace, Brentford and Fulham (and maybe us if our form took an absolute nose dive).

I still think Luton's lack of squad depth will be their downfall and they will go. If I had to pick out of the remaining list to go down should Luton stay up, my head says Palace or Brentford but my heart says Forest.
I always thought home advantage might keep luton up - as it did a poor forest team last season. Going to be hard though as they do lack the quality forest bought. Must be a risk to two sides that have gone a bit stale and suffering from injuries, namely Brentford and palace. Injuries to key players could scupper any team including us of course!

;