Premier League say we are mathematically safe.

The one thing that should matter... aside of all the other paranoia ..is to finish above Brighton..it's slightly unlikely but possible and what we should aim for.....problem is the players won't have that same South Coast rivalry thing that fans have...perhaps only Smith might have picked up on it at a guess !

Yes. A bit like relationships, in my case anyway.

Time for us to seek help :D

G/f just replaced her 7 year old iPhone actually.cracked screen, constantly on 1% charge for months/years etc. But she also has a thing with replacing stuff. Her house full of cr4p/junk, but she gets attached and can't get rid. I'm opposite and take hard-line approach. Hate having loads of stuff I'll likely never used stuffed away in cupboards or loft!
7 years is a very good age for a phone. I'm not a horder as such, but I do like phones to last 5 years and cars 10.

The one thing that should matter... aside of all the other paranoia ..is to finish above Brighton..it's slightly unlikely but possible and what we should aim for.....problem is the players won't have that same South Coast rivalry thing that fans have...perhaps only Smith might have picked up on it at a guess !

Why, does he spend a lot of time in Brighton... ;)

7 years is a very good age for a phone. I'm not a horder as such, but I do like phones to last 5 years and cars 10.
Cars can (could anyway, prior to heavy reliance on electrics in ICE cars) go on fir 15, 20, 25 years.

Read some stats ages ago, how many people have mental block/paranoia around cars being on verge of collapse/seriously breaking once hitting 100k miles (or 100km in some countries...) or 10 years old.

Whereas properly looked after/serviced cars can go on for 200-300k miles or more...engine wise anyway.

No discernable depreciation drop after that, barring engine exploding, replacing few parts here and there won't amount to depreciation hit of newer car. Even there, unless, something special, will likely only be worth a few hundred, couple of k max so can just be discarded.

Many want something new, different and more modern tech/features I guess by then though.

I'm a car man so happy to spend money on decent cars, but if not into them, they're generally a monumental waste of money imo. Losing thousands a year depreciation on something very boring/dull, that gets you from a to b.

For me the question is will we finish 11, 12, 13 or 14? 10th is looking very unlikely. I think 12th. Apparently Bill's aim was top half, but I think 12th will be highly satisfactory. If we finish ahead of both Fulham and Wolves and get 11th, that will be very good.
I'm still hopeful my 20/1 bet for a top half finish will win.

Cars can (could anyway, prior to heavy reliance on electrics in ICE cars) go on fir 15, 20, 25 years.

Read some stats ages ago, how many people have mental block/paranoia around cars being on verge of collapse/seriously breaking once hitting 100k miles (or 100km in some countries...) or 10 years old.

Whereas properly looked after/serviced cars can go on for 200-300k miles or more...engine wise anyway.

No discernable depreciation drop after that, barring engine exploding, replacing few parts here and there won't amount to depreciation hit of newer car. Even there, unless, something special, will likely only be worth a few hundred, couple of k max so can just be discarded.

Many want something new, different and more modern tech/features I guess by then though.
Drove my last two cars to scrap.

Generally it's not like the engine gives out it's more the cost of ownership stops being worth it. Sometimes that's financial other times it's stress over reliability.

Servicing is like £300 a year and regardless of what car you drive a new set of tyres will be worth more than your entire car after about 10 years.

Drove my last two cars to scrap.

Generally it's not like the engine gives out it's more the cost of ownership stops being worth it. Sometimes that's financial other times it's stress over reliability.

Servicing is like £300 a year and regardless of what car you drive a new set of tyres will be worth more than your entire car after about 10 years.
Yes, should have included tgat in my sermon.

Worry/concern about car starting or breaking down will play part too. Particularly if you have kids, do long journeys, need rock solid reliability for work or whatever.

If handy with cars makes more sense too. As can easily address issues as they occur, rather than being a sitting duck if it doesn't start, or having to spend time/money... inconvenience potentially going to garages often.

Not sure all cars are only worth 300 to 500 10 years old though... not these days anyway, unless driving something particularly sh1t.

Buying something with excellent track record of reliability helps too. Like Toyota or petrol Hondas (without turbos). German cars liable to be money pits after 10 years in comparison, although not all the time.

More complex and over engineered and/or gadgets/gimmicks, more liable to cost more and be unreliable as age takes its toll.

My threads normally do ;)
At the very grave risk (and complete lack of creativity) of returning to the original point… I’ve given up on the points required issue but am I in a minority of one on Europe? The team I quoted are actually real and in the conference this year along with many others I’ve never heard of.

I know it’s incredibly unlikely but do we want/need to impose Thu-Sun on ourselves for the chance of a trip somewhere we might have heard of in pursuit of the European Freight Rover Trophy?

Genuine question.

Not really. If the chances of something that is mathematically possible happening are so small that zero is the nearest whole number then there is a zero percent chance to the number of decimal places I was using isn't there?
No, mate. Zero means zip, nada, zilch, none, nothing, feck all, no chance.

Not, statistically a possibility.

;