Preston v AFC Bournemouth

Funny that didn't make the squad today
Exactly...why I mentioned it...their form goes up just because he is there at the club..he was injured..but he played well when he came on as sub a couple of times....his enthusiasm rubs off on others..as it did in his 6 seasons or so at DC.

Yeah it isn't just Woodgate that couldn't get a tune out of these players. I keep wondering whether it's the players attitude or is our squad overrated. We keep saying we have the best squad in the division but if we are honest the top four look miles better than us.

This .
When we were in the PL and people started saying “ our best ever squad “ which promptly got relegated .
Then at the start of this season “ we’ll piss this league with this squad - it’s by far the best “

Well they just haven’t shown it have they ?
Attitude part of it as well as not being good enough ...

So an away draw after two wins and many are waving the white flags. I'd have settled for 7 points over the three games. Barnsley are on a great run but how long can they keep it up. Hopefully it ends next weekend. Get behind the team for goodness sake. I just wish we could get fans at games, although saying that the players would be thoroughly demoralised if some of the comments on here were shouted at a game!

So an away draw after two wins and many are waving the white flags. I'd have settled for 7 points over the three games. Barnsley are on a great run but how long can they keep it up. Hopefully it ends next weekend. Get behind the team for goodness sake. I just wish we could get fans at games, although saying that the players would be thoroughly demoralised if some of the comments on here were shouted at a game!
Their run has to end at some point. Why not next week ?

Its not the point though we may have won a couple of games on the bounce but we haven't been good enough all season and are now out of the playoffs and could be 4 points out of them if Barnsley beat a poor Derby side. I think criticism is fair to be honest.

Yeah it isn't just Woodgate that couldn't get a tune out of these players. I keep wondering whether it's the players attitude or is our squad overrated. We keep saying we have the best squad in the division but if we are honest the top four look miles better than us.
You got it spot on this team lacks ambition & drive. They play some good football but need a good honest look at themselves. If you look at the top of the table they want to win every game even though they don't have the best squad. they play at pace with forwards that are not afraid to take on a defender. We don't seem to be able to hold a lead, we always make a stupid mistake that let the opposition in. JW seems to make a poor decisions with subs, Long should not have come on. How about Anthony? We keep hearing how good the young lads are but they never get a chance.

Norwich match winners turn up consistently
AFCB match winners dont turn up consistently
Danjuma very good for 45 minutes then disappeared
Stanislas even worse than usual on free kicks and corners and never looked like adding to 3 assists for the season.

Like last season a lack of goals means too few points.

The problem is the teams above us are achieving better than our current performances so 7 points is good but not good enough to stay with the playoff pack.

My biggest concern is our inability to change things up. I'm of the opinion that we've got some very good players but we're one dimensional. All of our wingers are the same, for example. Not one of them can go outside and deliver. That's ok if your full backs can overlap well which, right now, they're not. Teams can suss us out too easily.

My biggest concern is our inability to change things up. I'm of the opinion that we've got some very good players but we're one dimensional. All of our wingers are the same, for example. Not one of them can go outside and deliver. That's ok if your full backs can overlap well which, right now, they're not. Teams can suss us out too easily.
Well we certainly changed things up in this game.....went from trying to play football in the first half to hoofing it upfield in the second half.

IIRC we were regularly hitting it long hoping Solanke would get near it first half.

I'm still unconvinced we have the right manager/head coach to play the sort of football some of us want to see at Dean Court*

*Disclaimer: A lot of our "supporters" would moan about at least one player even if we won 11-0 every week. DEFINITE FACT!

Look we have all been moaning about consistency of a team . For the last 3 games we have kept the same team ( I do believe if billing was fit he would have started today ) picked up 7 points and infact todays first half performance was pretty good . Steve cooks mistake a side we would have won the game .
I do believe with the consistency with the team we will pick up more points than we lose.

for me I’m happy the way we are setting up and have been allowing the opponents to create less and less against us but I would say we need someone a lot closer to solanke .

Barnsley have on paper the easiest run in of remaining games. They are a shoe in for the Play-Offs. It's between us, Reading and Cardiff for the 6th spot i fear. Would be ironic if Barnsley go up and we get to winge about the smaller club getting promotion to dreamland over us!!:mad:

Barnsley have on paper the easiest run in of remaining games. They are a shoe in for the Play-Offs. It's between us, Reading and Cardiff for the 6th spot i fear. Would be ironic if Barnsley go up and we get to winge about the smaller club getting promotion to dreamland over us!!:mad:

It’s all part of the PL experience . The gift that keeps on giving

;