Profit & Sustainability Rules Change

It does amuse me how 'knowledgeable' fans of 'NSC' are quite happy to moan about us, while happily ignoring the bigger 'players' in these financial shenanigans.

It does amuse me how 'knowledgeable' fans of 'NSC' are quite happy to moan about us, while happily ignoring the bigger 'players' in these financial shenanigans.
Don't worry Rob they covered this months ago. They were all over it before the press had got a sniff. Surprisingly the only clubs in the top 2 divisions in this country who have abided by FFP are themselves and Burton.

I know the internet is full of mistruths, but I've recently read that we are in for some sort of fine for breaching FFP when in the Championship?

Certain person alluded that when we got out up to the PL we were out of the jurisdiction of the breach.

Just asking.

I know the internet is full of mistruths, but I've recently read that we are in for some sort of fine for breaching FFP when in the Championship?

Certain person alluded that when we got out up to the PL we were out of the jurisdiction of the breach.

Just asking.
We were fined when we got promoted from the Championship, we accepted the fine and paid up promptly as far as I can recall. I know QPR disputed their fine for ages.

Thanks redharry.

Just wondering if there's any possibility that we could be fined again due to accounts normally being filed later than the possible infringement?

Thanks redharry.

Just wondering if there's any possibility that we could be fined again due to accounts normally being filed later than the possible infringement?
No idea on that one Dragon, not heard anything. If I recall the club argued originally that the timing of their annual accounts (later than most clubs - end of July ??) and the date that transfer fees were paid (just before the accounts deadline) had an undue effect on that particular season. I know the accounting deadline was altered for subsequent seasons, otherwise I am in the dark.

The main truth of This is ...it is That from another angle or distance.
One mans truth is another mans lie.

Ive made them up ..from what I've learnt on this Forum....and Roy Cropper on Coro! ( Watford's next manager hopefully!)

Last edited:
It's actually going to be an interesting situation to see how it has handled. If a club has wealthy owners that are still willing to fund a promotion push then they may try to take advantage of any relaxing of the rules to chuck a whole bunch of transfer loss into the next season so that by the time the rules return to normal that's off the books.

A bit like how certain clubs spent an absolute bundle on transfer and wages just before the rules came in and then tried to cry foul as we got promoted to the Championship just after and so were hit by them.

Any queries regarding A.F.C.B.'s, accounts, ffp, debts and general finances should be forwarded to NSC.

North Stand Chat. The know it all tw@'s, know it all twats : )

From what I read it seems what they did and got -9 for is now allowed? Seems harsh

What we got our fine for was allowed by the rules the following season in 2015.

Infact the rule was changed before we broke it but didn’t come into play until beginning of the new season.

;