Project “Big Picture”

Football calls on the top flight to help out the entire pyramid. They react by trying to cut out two clubs.

As the Colchester owner said, they enjoy their penthouse view whilst pretending the lower part of the building isn’t crumbling down.

saw that interview with Sophy Ridge this morning thought it was very good

Reactions: DJ
Proposed by one club thats won a single PL title in 30 years , and another club that struggles to attain top 4 and hasn't done much of note for a decade.

Arrogant doesn't begin to cover it.

Proposed by one club thats won a single PL title in 30 years , and another club that struggles to attain top 4 and hasn't done much of note for a decade.

Arrogant doesn't begin to cover it.

But it’s the “big picture” Mark...

And when we need to slash next season's wage budget by £20 million to account for the reduced payments and another £15-20m the season after leaving us with one of the smallest budgets in the league, with each season a struggle to stay up?

I don't get this belief that we'll somehow maintain the status quo of being competitive if we don't go up. We'll have the battle we had in the PL, only near the foot of this division.

Last edited:
I don’t see how you can increase the size of the championship, league one and league two any further. 24 teams is probably too many as it is.

And when we need to slash next season's wage budget by £20 million to account for the reduced payments and another £15-20m the season after leaving us with one of the smallest budgets in the league, with each season a struggle to stay up?

I don't get this belief that we'll somehow maintain the status quo of being competitive if we don't go up. We'll have the battle we had in the PL, only near the foot of this division.
My comment was very much tongue in cheek....fully appreciate the repercussions if we don’t go up this year.

Smaller prem league surely leads to smaller prem league 2.

As Martin Samuel has said before, let the top 6 join a European super league and then in time regret what they have left behind. Would be a real exciting domestic league without the “elite”

;