Project “Big Picture”

Reducing the league won't be voted for by most of the league.

League cup is like a Reserve team cup already.

And ofcouse money is the sweeter.

Then there's the third bottom PL club going into the play offs rather than straight relegation. The only reason I can see for this is they're hedging their bets in case one of them has a disaster of a season to make sure they get a second chance at staying up.
To be honest, this is one part that I don't think is too crazy.
For example, if we (as 3rd worst-placed club last year) had had the chance to play a 2-legged tie against Fulham, I think we would have hammered them.
It does sort of act as a second chance for a club that just barely got relegated.

To be honest, this is one part that I don't think is too crazy.
For example, if we (as 3rd worst-placed club last year) had had the chance to play a 2-legged tie against Fulham, I think we would have hammered them.
It does sort of act as a second chance for a club that just barely got relegated.

You’ve explained why it’s crazy in your post. It’s basically reducing the relegation places to two spots and taking away the EFL showcase.

Plus it's been done before. It was how it was set up when play offs were first introduced and abandoned after a couple of seasons for being totally ****************.

So according to statistics then, the '9 longest serving clubs' top flight clubs should be..
  1. Everton - 112 seasons in top flight
  2. Aston Villa - 104 seasons in top flight
  3. Liverpool - 100 seasons in top flight
  4. Arsenal - 98 seasons in top flight
  5. Man Utd - 90 seasons in top flight
  6. Man City - 86 seasons in top flight
  7. Newcastle/Sunderland - 84 seasons in top flight
  8. Chelsea/Spurs - 80 seasons in top flight
So actually 10 teams and not sure how they will promote Sunderland automatically from Lg1 to the PL.... :)

You look at just the PL, since its conception, and actually Man City only just creep into the list with 13 yrs tenancy, and Fulham/Soton taking Sunderland's place, also with 13 years in the PL... Does this mean Man City wont get the same vote as the top 6 ??? :grinning:

Bet they don't offer Fulham or Soton the same status as Liverpool and Man Utd...

#elitistbullshit

So according to statistics then, the '9 longest serving clubs' top flight clubs should be..
  1. Everton - 112 seasons in top flight
  2. Aston Villa - 104 seasons in top flight
  3. Liverpool - 100 seasons in top flight
  4. Arsenal - 98 seasons in top flight
  5. Man Utd - 90 seasons in top flight
  6. Man City - 86 seasons in top flight
  7. Newcastle/Sunderland - 84 seasons in top flight
  8. Chelsea/Spurs - 80 seasons in top flight
So actually 10 teams and not sure how they will promote Sunderland automatically from Lg1 to the PL.... :)

You look at just the PL, since its conception, and actually Man City only just creep into the list with 13 yrs tenancy, and Fulham/Soton taking Sunderland's place, also with 13 years in the PL... Does this mean Man City wont get the same vote as the top 6 ??? :grinning:

Bet they don't offer Fulham or Soton the same status as Liverpool and Man Utd...

#elitistbullshit

That’s all well and good but the world of football was only created in 1992 .

If it’s working don’t try and fix it?

Otherwise this is another backward step in football as we used to know it.

I person one vote seems very fair and democratic to me.

You couldn't make it up
The sad fact is, whatever system of funding is in place(or proposed), there will either be teams who abuse it, or those that suffer as a result of overstretching to follow the dream. There is probably no legislation or governance that could realistically stop football clubs getting into difficulties, they chase the dream(as e all do)
Covid had just confirmed players are untouchable, receiving millions during a time when they had no work to do, contracts untouchable. If collectively clubs stopped pandering to agents, paid what they can afford, and no longer put thier club/business at risk due to unrealistic demands, then they would be on more of a level playing field, and survive at their natural level. But sadly, where's the fun in that?

So what happens if one of the said main teams does get relegated, Everton for example? They vote to overturn it? :rolleyes:

Reading the proposals it seems the top 6 want carte blanche to change and introduce new laws/rules as they see fit.Hasn't this been a suspicion of many for a long time that the big clubs want everything their own way.Under these proposals I doubt very much that we would have been promoted to the EPL as we would have been seen as "not worthy to be part of the elite"!

;