Project “Big Picture”

I think to be honest there's been a jumping to conclusions over the Mail's article here, which the article doesn't really justify. I could say it looks like a bit of lazy reporting that doesn't really set out the facts.

For a start, a proper vote in the Premier League needs a 2/3rds majority - usually at least 14 out of the 20 clubs - not just ten clubs. All that happened on Monday, it seems to me, is that AFCB along with several others said "What's the point of voting on this - given all the clubs' stances on the deal it'll never get through" - in other words it was simply a decision not to waste everyone's time, it wasn't a vote to stymie a deal with the EFL which everyone else was keen to put through.

To quote The Athletic. quoting form the Premier League itself:

" In a statement issued after the meeting, the league said its shareholders, the 20 clubs, had agreed to “prioritise the swift development and implementation of a new league-wide financial system”. This is a reference to the desire to scrap the league’s profitability and sustainability regulations, which have dominated headlines in recent months, and replace them with a similar system to the one used by European football’s governing body UEFA for the last two seasons.

On the more contentious topic of the “new deal”, the league said the clubs had “reconfirmed their commitment to securing a sustainably-funded financial agreement” with the EFL, but only once the league’s new FFP regime was in place.

In the meantime, it said, the league would continue to honour all of its financial commitments to the rest of the English game, which it says add up to £1.6billion over the current three-year broadcast rights cycle."

Looking at this fairly, our club's not part of some rebel faction wishing harm on the EFL, rather it's something all Premier League clubs agree with. It's true to say IMO it's hard on the EFL who deserve better from the top tier, but I don't think we're ringleaders here. I also can't see much progress being made unless the Government tables its Football Governance Bill, because without that there's no real pressure on the Premier League to do anything. Interesting times!
If they vote for it, they are a part of it

'Afcb'...were not exactly overly 'enthusiastic' about the financial scheme to help lower league tiers and grass roots football were they ?

M- O- N- E-Y.....go for it...get it...keep it.....

Digest this....and remember it for future reference and usage.

In today's Football World....YOU are not so much a Supporter, Fan or Follower.. you are now just a .....

....CUSTOMER....

...with Your Money to become THEIR MONEY......subservient and pandering to their Marketing Skills !

Bugger the peasants playing over at Hamworthy Rec or Tatnam Ponds !

Got it ?...Good !

Last edited:
'Afcb'...were not exactly overly 'enthusiastic' about the financial scheme to help lower league tiers and grass roots football were they ?

M- O- N- E-Y.....go for it...get it...keep it.....

Digest this....and remember it for future reference and usage.

In today's Football World....YOU are not so much a Supporter, Fan or Follower...as you are a...

....CUSTOMER....

...with Your Money to become THEIR MONEY......subservient and pandering to their Marketing Skills !

Bugger the peasants playing over at Hamworthy Rec or Tatnam Ponds !

Got it ?...Good !
Back with a bang I see. Keep it up Jack.

;