Project “Big Picture”

The Big 6 would flounder in a European League....the Germans, Dutch and French will massacre them week in week out....with their superior skills.....the Spaniards and Portuguese will be not exactly be too much fun in their Sun either..oh no. Im sort if hoping it happens so these clubs and their fans are diluted!
Over a season, as opposed to the somewhat limited Champions League the Euro clubs will suss out the weaknesses in our static Big Six football and grind them down ..just like they does wiv insipid England.

But..It would end up as another Brexit eventually ...Manu and Liverpool would be craving a return ....to grapple with Racing Grantham instead of Paris S.G. or Atletico Mansfield for Madrid....
Haha. Haha...hahahahahahah!

I wouldn't be arsed to see the back of the League Cup tbh.
It's almost as bad as the Europa Conference League (or whatever it's called)

I wouldn't be arsed to see the back of the League Cup tbh.
It's almost as bad as the Europa Conference League (or whatever it's called)

I didn't like it as a lower league fan because it was seeded to weed out smaller clubs as soon as possible and I don't much like it as an "Elite" club because it's not respected and 4/5 league points are better than the 6 straight wins over 7 games.

The idea you fixed spend as a % of revenue is a restraint on trade. If people have the funding then blocking ambition isn’t right….as long as have proof of funding

Scrap replays and give clubs money instead? Perfect solution. Maybe they should scrap games against teams outside the top six - hand three points to the big club and a bag of cash to the little upstart club. :slap:

It seems that we've got people running the game who think that as long as the clubs get the money that they would have done if these games had gone ahead then there's no real issue.

Just go and do your superleague and leave the rest of us to it.

Last edited:
The idea you fixed spend as a % of revenue is a restraint on trade. If people have the funding then blocking ambition isn’t right….as long as have proof of funding
Problem is if clubs spend beyond their means from a revenue vs costs perspective, they become dependent on either debt or on a wealthy owner bankrolling it. But agree it should be over a few years if clubs want to spend less one year but more the next one for example.

Problem is if clubs spend beyond their means from a revenue vs costs perspective, they become dependent on either debt or on a wealthy owner bankrolling it. But agree it should be over a few years if clubs want to spend less one year but more the next one for example.

I've long felt that there's no problem with having unlimited outside investment so long the team is funded from a few ring-fenced sources. This forces investment into the things that fund or subsidise the team such as training facilities, stadia and youth development.

Isn’t rick parry asking for a football regulator a bit late given the damage the prem has done to many of the EFL clubs and his role in that ?

“ Premier League clubs today agreed to prioritise the swift development and implementation of a new League-wide financial system.”

*except for Man City
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-rules-to-be-replaced-as-early-as-this-summer

One aspect of this from the perspective of the Championship, League 1 and League 2 clubs is that the Premier League is just kicking their proposed new distribution deal with the EFL down the road, until they’ve fixed their own new financial rules. Harsh on the lower leagues who want a fairer slice of the cake.

The new EPL proposal seems to be based on being able to spend up to a fixed % (EPL saying 85%) of their revenue on wages and transfers - obviously this will protect the big clubs to be able to spend much more than anyone else to get the top talent. On the other hand, it looks to me like it'll enable Bill to spend what he likes improving our infrastructure (new training ground, new stadium etc) without falling foul of EPL financial rules. Maye I'm missing something in saying this?

Clubs like Newcastle and Villa - and dare I say it even us?? - could have other revenue streams in the wings too, however (including other sponsorships) which would enable us to spend and compete more evenly. The Man U's and Liverpools will always be top of the tree so no point complaining about that but PSR doesn't seem to be working so on whole moving to something like UEFA's cost ratio system doesn't seem a bad thing.

One thing - the Premier League are going to have to get a move on - the Government could be tabling their Football Governance bill pretty soon if the EPL don't sort themselves out within the next month or so. If that happens - and I think the EPL are petrified of that - the ability to rule their own empire will be swept away from them.

;