Promotion

I always wait until first 10 games (first 8 in the PL) before thinking about promotion or relegation. Unfortunately after the first 8 games last season I was looking up not down!!

IIRC our resident football expert has already stated that this squad should win the league.

I presume it's an early stab at either same old, same old nepotism, the wrong formation or a problem with our coaching. It almost rules out "failed transfer policy" but there's still time before Saturday:throw:

:utc::cheers::thumbup:

I always wait until first 10 games (first 8 in the PL) before thinking about promotion or relegation. Unfortunately after the first 8 games last season I was looking up not down!!
If you're thinking about promotion from the PL. you might need to think again.

As someone stated on here (I think??) the amount of teams who have bounced straight back up is tiny.
Doesn't mean we can't do it or that the season can't be successful and entertaining.
However a more realistic aim to to want to come back up in 2 or 3 seasons.

The coming season is about establishing ourselves again at this level. Being in and around the play offs would be success in my eyes.

Actually, not being back in the third tier at the end the season would be fine by me!

Please can you tell me any team better then afcb in the championship .
We have a good young team better with some players gone .
All we need is a good start.
We will see ?

Please can you tell me any team better then afcb in the championship .
We have a good young team better with some players gone .
All we need is a good start.
We will see ?
Problem is we know our team better than the other teams and so we think some of our players are great, or going to be great like Stacey and Kelly.
You think a Stoke (pick a random team) fan is really going to think Stacey or Kelly are going to be great next season, I'd be surprised if they've ever seen them play.
If fans of other teams picked 2 of their players who they think are going to be great next season - without picking the well known ones (like me purposely not picking Brooks or Danjuma) do you think we'll have heard of them?

Problem is we know our team better than the other teams and so we think some of our players are great, or going to be great like Stacey and Kelly.
You think a Stoke (pick a random team) fan is really going to think Stacey or Kelly are going to be great next season, I'd be surprised if they've ever seen them play.
If fans of other teams picked 2 of their players who they think are going to be great next season - without picking the well known ones (like me purposely not picking Brooks or Danjuma) do you think we'll have heard of them?

but neil dawson has already performed a forensic examination (not just hold the nuts and cough) of all the squads in the division and has determined ours is the best, so anything less than automatic promotion will be abject failure followed by general wailing and gnashing of teeth....

...I just want us to be competitive and have a good season of rebuilding the team given the loss of most of our PL players and those veterans who have left us...play some attractive and exciting football. This will go a long way to helping me forget the depression of the last season and a half of drudgery and some individuals not being arsed to put it in...and big expectancy from hugely overpriced players that we had on our books...(you can fill in the names...)

If we are around the top half then great and maybe we might sneak some play-off fun?

That will do me...not minding if we hang around The Championship for a while...

Given that Solanke is almost certainly going to bang in 30 goals I’d say that you’re making yourself look like a bit of a mug champ
:oops: talking of looking a bit of mug, I think a few on here will be reminding you of this post come the end of the season...

;