QPR v AFC Bournemouth

One of the biggest questions for me is . . . . can any team have such a rubbish nickname as QPR ???

I mean . . . . . the R's. The R's ????? Is that it? How motivating, What a cool and enticing group that must be to want to be a part of. Oh the romance and nostalgia attached to . . . the R's.

Or do loyal fans have something more sophisticated they call themselves or the team? (Like West Ham are the Irons as well as the Hammers.)

Can you get beers in the away concourse? Was in the home end last time and can't remember before that.

From football ground site. Doubt we're high profile, but who knows, what covid factor...

'There are no pubs for away fans in the immediate vicinity around the stadium. In nearby Shepherds Bush Green there are a number of bars, however, most do not welcome visiting fans and employ doormen to enforce this, checking match tickets on entry. One exception is Belushi’s Bar, which is located in the Vue Complex, opposite Shepherd’s Bush Tube Station. This basic bar also shows Sky and BT Sports. Otherwise, alcohol is available inside the Loftus Road Stadium (albeit just bottles of Carlsberg at £5), although for some high profile games the Club opts not to sell any to visiting supporters.'

One of the biggest questions for me is . . . . can any team have such a rubbish nickname as QPR ???

I mean . . . . . the R's. The R's ????? Is that it? How motivating, What a cool and enticing group that must be to want to be a part of. Oh the romance and nostalgia attached to . . . the R's.

Or do loyal fans have something more sophisticated they call themselves or the team? (Like West Ham are the Irons as well as the Hammers.)

The Queen’s Park Rangers story began in 1882 in a newly built residential estate of West London. Queen’s Park Rangers were the amalgamation of two local youth club teams, St. Jude’s Institute and Christchurch Rangers. The very simple reason they were called Queen’s Park Rangers was that most of the players in the team came from the District of Queen’s Park.

Although the merger took place in 1886 the two local clubs were both formed in 1882. St. Jude’s having its origin with the boys of Droop Street Board School formed by Jack McDonald and Fred Weller supported by the Rev. Gordon Young, and the Christchurch Boys club team formed by George Wodehouse senior.

Queen’s Park Wanderers would have been an apt name for QPR. They also are of a rare band of teams in the League whose name does not obviously define their location. No mention of this club with their wonderful hooped shirts can be complete without a reference to their ground saga.

In total QPR have changed grounds more often than any other League club, a staggering seventeen times, thirteen different venues, not even taking into account the temporary use of Stamford Bridge in 1915 and Highbury in 1930.

Rangers are nicknamed The Superhoops in favour of Rangers. In the past they were simply known as the ‘R’ s. Not a very imaginative name.

https://thebeautifulhistory.wordpress.com/clubs/queens-park-rangers/

Keith Stroud was the referee for the home game. Is this just how it panned out, or is it the intention to have the same referee for both games if possible?

I don't know, Up the Rs has a certain, err, ring to it

Keith Stroud was the referee for the home game. Is this just how it panned out, or is it the intention to have the same referee for both games if possible?

Pretty poor wasn't he iirc, or maybe getting muddled up with other games around that time?

Rangers are nicknamed The Superhoops in favour of Rangers. In the past they were simply known as the ‘R’ s. Not a very imaginative name.
/

Thanks. Though, tbh, Superhoops isn't much more imaginative.

I'll revive this complaint when we next play Burnley.

We're on our way, we're on our way. Just picked up a jolly and festive Mr Trent ( yeah, right ) . Also got the pleasure of the company of Nash the Dash, for the first time this season. : )
Let's hope it's a Riverside Rocket full of festive cheer on the return journey : )

Come on Jeff. Headed set piece winner... just don't get suspended with the goal celebration:)

Like to see something like this.....

..................Travers
Stacey.....Cook...... Kelly.....Zemura.
...............Lerma...... Kilkenny
....................... Billing
Lowe...............Dom............Stan

;