Racist Abuse

Yes it does but often the ignorance is down to not living in the same area as a high proportion of BAME people.

Once people get to know each other then often racism disappears.

Unfortunately racism is often a symptom of other things that are going on in people's heads, a general anger with the world and needing to lash out.

Or they are just c****

You should go to Bradford. Loads of BAME and loads of racism.

This is the Pompey Academy from their website;
https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/teams/u18-team/
There only seem to be two names that correlate with the tweets- EG there is no Archie G in the team photos - and there must be great disappointment from some of the staff and other players that these things have been written.
It is horrible to read these things and very sad that so many seem to feel this way, but as Rob and Fred have intimated, I'm not sure that crime and punishment is the best way to change the views of ignorant men and boys.
Would a trip to Manchester for the perpetrators to meet and discuss their opinions face to face with Rashford, Sancho and Sterling be a better way to get them to face up to their own shortcomings?

My lad was at Portsmouth and knows exactly who Archie G is. He played with him, they would both have been U16’s last year so he would have just been awarded a scholarship. My lad hasn’t been there for some time but still sees his social media.. He has issued a fulsome apology on his insta account. It’s quite a while since I’ve seen his parents but they are thoroughly good people who, I believe, will be equally shocked.

;