Red button games - confusion

TrueCherry

Star Player
Hi. Tonight's game is meant to be Sky red button. Does this game also appear on AFCB TV as I thought Sky games were not - however looking there this morning the option seems to be.

I always watch the games on the red button but last night it didn't work for the other championship games so need to understand options for tonight.

I have tried contacting the club by phone and email. By phone it couldn't be answered and by email just get a standard reply on how to access AFCBTV!

Anyone got the answers? Thanks

I’m pretty sure it’s on the red button, and Saturday is on main Sky Sports
That's what it is advertised as - so are red button games always still available to buy for £10 at AFCBTV? I see season ticket holders get it free on sky games - does this include red button games?

That's what it is advertised as - so are red button games always still available to buy for £10 at AFCBTV? I see season ticket holders get it free on sky games - does this include red button games?
Season ticket holders have to pay £10 for Red Button games.

Sky red button is just one single camera, no replays and one sky commentator.

This gives AFCB tv the “full works” alternative for their fee price with multiple cameras, replays and Kris Temple.

On Saturday we’re on the Sky Sports Football channel. Which is then the free login option for season ticket holders for AFCB tv.

Yes, the red button games seem to always be available on AFCBLive with all of the bells and whistles you mentioned, home and abroad. I have successfully purchased my match pass for this evening's game for example.

As soon as the game is televised on one of Sky's main channels I am out of luck ( because there are then international rights issues which I've yet to fathom ) but ST holders can use their voucher codes for such games.

Sky red button is just one single camera, no replays and one sky commentator.

This gives AFCB tv the “full works” alternative for their fee price with multiple cameras, replays and Kris Temple.

On Saturday we’re on the Sky Sports Football channel. Which is then the free login option for season ticket holders for AFCB tv.

If you can afford it, the £10 option is much better for the reason DJ's given. The red button may be free, but if the picture is poor, you can't see a replay of contentious issues and the commentators keep mistaking the players and have minimal background knowledge, it may be false economy.

If you can afford it, the £10 option is much better for the reason DJ's given. The red button may be free, but if the picture is poor, you can't see a replay of contentious issues and the commentators keep mistaking the players and have minimal background knowledge, it may be false economy.

Picture quality is in HD on Sky Q, I gather on Virgin and older Sky boxes it’s not.

As for the rest, you don’t have that at games either but we all seem to manage.

Picture quality is in HD on Sky Q, I gather on Virgin and older Sky boxes it’s not.

I'm on Virgin and it was horrible. (only tried it once though). I'm not sure anyone would compare watching it on tv to actually being at the game, but given we can't get there, I'll take the extras.

I normally pay the £10 option unless the game is on Sky Q or red button, picture quality is good.

Found most red button games is like sitting in the centre of the Main Stand/East Stand but from higher up, most commentaries I have heard have been good and just sticking to who has passed to who and not ramble off subject as KT does at times. Think it was the Bristol City game didn’t think red button commentator was very good.

Reactions: DJ
I normally pay the £10 option unless the game is on Sky Q or red button, picture quality is good.

Found most red button games is like sitting in the centre of the Main Stand/East Stand but from higher up, most commentaries I have heard have been good and just sticking to who has passed to who and not ramble off subject as KT does at times. Think it was the Bristol City game didn’t think red button commentator was very good.

Difficult to “ramble off subject” on your own. :)

Personally as you say, I quite like it, it’s different to the normal tv fayre. I’m sure it’s not for everyone, but if looked upon as a bonus to the games we also get with bells and whistles on sky, it’s a good addition.

I’ve been quite content between a mix of Sky and Radio Solent this season. I’ve seen us more in the Championship than I’d have likely seen us in the Premier League.

Difficult to “ramble off subject” on your own. :)

Personally as you say, I quite like it, it’s different to the normal tv fayre. I’m sure it’s not for everyone, but if looked upon as a bonus to the games we also get with bells and whistles on sky, it’s a good addition.

I’ve been quite content between a mix of Sky and Radio Solent this season. I’ve seen us more in the Championship than I’d have likely seen us in the Premier League.

For someone who is exiled it has been a great season (apart from that dodgy spell around the turn of the year). I'd still pay my £10 if permitted, when fans are allowed back - there's no way I could get to home games even if there were tickets. The away games that I could go to, I still would so it wouldn't affect gate money (to the away clubs). It will be interesting to see if iFollow continues next season. But I suspect it may be seen to a prelude to 'the big six' selling their own rights and be stopped.

For someone who is exiled it has been a great season (apart from that dodgy spell around the turn of the year). I'd still pay my £10 if permitted, when fans are allowed back - there's no way I could get to home games even if there were tickets. The away games that I could go to, I still would so it wouldn't affect gate money (to the away clubs). It will be interesting to see if iFollow continues next season. But I suspect it may be seen to a prelude to 'the big six' selling their own rights and be stopped.

iFollow existed before covid. Only games during the blackout period were not shown domestically in the EFL.

Good coverage tonight, camera much nearer to the pitch than what it was for the Bristol City game.

Recognised the voice of the commentator, we have had him before and I thought he did his job well.

Good coverage tonight, camera much nearer to the pitch than what it was for the Bristol City game.

Recognised the voice of the commentator, we have had him before and I thought he did his job well.

Apart from when he called us Watford...

;