Repentant Tory

3 - This is a forum for discussion. That means most of the time, most of you won't agree. Most people will debate the issue in hand as befits a discussion forum don't make your threads personal. If you are unable to reply without making a personal comment about somebody's belief then don't reply and save us all the favour of having to read it. You can ‘attack’ a fellow members' point of view, you cannot attack them for having that view.

(51) UTC Guidelines | AFC Bournemouth Forum (vitalfootball.co.uk)

Has your post been edited to this because what you wrote was deemed an attack, or do you feel someone saying you don't answer questions was an attack?

I am no lover of the Tory party but visit Croydon to see what a left wing labour administration does to its residents. Squandered millions on dubious schemes and dropped any pretence of belief in democracy. I could say plenty more on the damage it has done to the community.

Perhaps you will say the tories do the same - and I am no lover of that party or bojo - but think a lot of people on this forum are still in denial about their own Labour Party.

Tories get the blame for brexit but it was the traditional labour vote that pushed the UK (or GB) into leaving - around 50 of the 52 poorest constituencies voted to leave. That why Boris got a big majority to get brexit done. Don’t get any praise for Corbyn at all. Corbyn’s lack of leadership was a disservice to this country on this issue (I voted remain) and on other plenty of other issues he would have been a total disaster.

I don’t normally post on politics as I visit this site to talk football but after reading so many posts thought I would express my opinion. No follow up posts will be made.

I am no lover of the Tory party but visit Croydon to see what a left wing labour administration does to its residents. Squandered millions on dubious schemes and dropped any pretence of belief in democracy. I could say plenty more on the damage it has done to the community.

Perhaps you will say the tories do the same - and I am no lover of that party or bojo - but think a lot of people on this forum are still in denial about their own Labour Party.

Tories get the blame for brexit but it was the traditional labour vote that pushed the UK (or GB) into leaving - around 50 of the 52 poorest constituencies voted to leave. That why Boris got a big majority to get brexit done. Don’t get any praise for Corbyn at all. Corbyn’s lack of leadership was a disservice to this country on this issue (I voted remain) and on other plenty of other issues he would have been a total disaster.

I don’t normally post on politics as I visit this site to talk football but after reading so many posts thought I would express my opinion. No follow up posts will be made.

It's just fundamentals of where I think public money should be spent. The greatest challenge coming up for the West is depopulation, yet we continue to cut funding to schools and child benefits, whilst gifting enormous amounts to corporations when the trickledown effect has proven to be bullshït.

Ultimately the Tory's say they're capitalist but prop up failing businesses. Why? Let them fail. They will be replaced by better run companies, for example Aldi and Lidl have done to the other supermarkets which rely on handouts every year. Instead put money into kids and make having kids more attractive to adults.

It's not really a coincidence that states can now ban abortions in the US, God forbid the billionaires need to give up some subsidies because there aren't enough drones funding taxes.

I love posts that start “I’m no lover of the Tory party but…….” We know exactly what’s coming next.

I'm no lover of the Tory Party....but I think Truss is probably the better bet of the two ..less likely to renage on promises..maybe ...oh maybe...
..Sunak is....well there is something sinister about this guy...can't quite put a finger on it... but all smiley and photo shoot happy....
I reckon there is a nasty temper in there...if'n he couldn't get his way in his cabinet meetings.

No..I don't like the cnut!

No need to travel away from the rotten Borough of BCP to witness local council mis spending, surf reefs, car parks....

Time to let go of the corbyn security blanket.

There are other political parties to consider other than the worst of a bad bunch and the unelectable reds.

I've voted Tory my whole life because Labour governments scare me. The Tories always end up spending years picking up the pieces after a labour government. God only knows how a labour government would have handled everything that has gone in the last 2 years or so. It's scary just thinking about it.
The Tory majority is probably too big for the Labour party to generate enough swing to oust the Tories at the next election which will mean them jumping into bed with another party to create a coalition and we all know who that will be. Cue the wicked witch of the north getting her referendum just so the labour party can get into power . A government being run by both of those is frightening.

The Tories always end up spending years picking up the pieces after a labour government.

I always enjoy seeing this nonsence. My mate tells me that Labour always borrow too much and then Tory's have to cut back to reduce the debt, yet the national debt in the last decade grew (even take 2010-2019 if you want to rule out COVID). It was £1tn when they took over power and in 2019 it was 75% higher with the NHS and social care systems considerably worse for those that need help the most. Who cares about those people though, our billionaires are now 3-4 times as rich as they were in 2010.

I've voted Tory my whole life because Labour governments scare me. The Tories always end up spending years picking up the pieces after a labour government. God only knows how a labour government would have handled everything that has gone in the last 2 years or so. It's scary just thinking about it.

Obviously Labour would have done what the Tories had to do. What wouldn't they have done that would have been 'scary'?

We know exactly what’s coming next……….
A total dismissal of their views from the minority on here who dominate every thread with their political stance.
Yes the tory apologists never admit or apologise the big calls they got so badly wrong.
They trot out the familiar scapegoats and explain the country is governed by the best of a bad lot
They then favour dismissing any challenge about the competence of the government by saying the job is too difficult.

Last edited:
The Tory majority is probably too big for the Labour party to generate enough swing to oust the Tories at the next election which will mean them jumping into bed with another party to create a coalition and we all know who that will be. Cue the wicked witch of the north getting her referendum just so the labour party can get into power . A government being run by both of those is frightening.
The myth of tory fiscal management being good for the country.

The ideology is to retain and divert enough of the national wealth to those who put and keep them in power. Promise low tax deliver stealth tax. Crackdown on the easy targets back down from the high end tax evaders and avoiders.

The ideology knows the cost of everything but knows and cares nothing about the value.
Greed is good has eaten away at the one nation caring conservative party.
The national assets have been sold off to create the illusion of growth and prosperity.
How many food banks did the tory party when they came into power?

Yes the tory apologists never admit or apologise the big calls they got so badly wrong.
They trot out the familiar scapegoats and explain the country is governed by the best of a bad lot
They then favour dismissing any challenge about the competence of the government by saying the job is too difficult.
I’ll be the 1st to admit that care in the community is a failed Tory policy.
I also have the decency to answer a question.
You just spout the same inane drivel daily with your freedom from a failed Tory policy.
I’m sure Stan will be along with the obligatory like for your post.

I always enjoy seeing this nonsence. My mate tells me that Labour always borrow too much and then Tory's have to cut back to reduce the debt, yet the national debt in the last decade grew (even take 2010-2019 if you want to rule out COVID). It was £1tn when they took over power and in 2019 it was 75% higher with the NHS and social care systems considerably worse for those that need help the most. Who cares about those people though, our billionaires are now 3-4 times as rich as they were in 2010.

Isn't it debt relative to GDP that's the measure of whether you're building debt for your children?

I think Tony Blair was the only PM in my lifetime to run a budget surplus ...arguably by mortgaging national infrastructure.

I could say a lot about this sh*t...the scope is there for long drawn out rantings ; rantings that dissect both main Parties equally...and some left over for the hey diddle diddles in the middle.
It all boils down to the Money being creamed off at the top by the big corporation bosses...money that then ends up out of the Island..on piddle-ass islands albeit with untouchable financial institutions adept at hiding facts, people and paperwork and so Ralph and Reginalds taxes avoided thus....with powerless gurning idiots in Opposition without a cohesive Plan to stop it if they got in power. So the Money don't come back....to boost the GDP here.
Smug and sinister politicians in Bournemouth ...Torquay....Broadstairs...and in the Norths posh enclaves like f√cking Harrogate and the Cheshire Wagbelt...laughing at Pete the Pie Packer in Pontypool...or Penny the part - time Pole Dancer (cuz she has to) from Pompey cum Mental Health Nurse.

My lazy Tory cow MP unavailable for confrontation once again today. ...and me and the missus now have Covid, established this morning by test, after a night of coughing hell....after obeying all the f√cking rules.. but at least we've had Boris's jabs....so maybe he has saved our lives :whist: !

Mini -Rant over .

The myth of tory fiscal management being good for the country.

The ideology is to retain and divert enough of the national wealth to those who put and keep them in power. Promise low tax deliver stealth tax. Crackdown on the easy targets back down from the high end tax evaders and avoiders.

The ideology knows the cost of everything but knows and cares nothing about the value.
Greed is good has eaten away at the one nation caring conservative party.
The national assets have been sold off to create the illusion of growth and prosperity.
How many food banks did the tory party when they came into power?
It's wasted breath. I'm not going to vote for anything other than the Conservatives purely in the hope that it keeps us from having a labour government.

;