Repentant Tory

I’ll be the 1st to admit that care in the community is a failed Tory policy.
I also have the decency to answer a question.
You just spout the same inane drivel daily with your freedom from a failed Tory policy.
I’m sure Stan will be along with the obligatory like for your post.

Although this policy has been attributed to the Margaret Thatcher government in the 1980s, community care was not a new idea. As a policy it had been around since the early 1950s. Its general aim was a more cost-effective way of helping people with mental health problems and physical disabilities, by removing them from impersonal, often Victorian, institutions, and caring for them in their own homes. Since the 1950s various governments had been attracted to the policy of community care.
Care in the Community - Wikipedia

3 - This is a forum for discussion. That means most of the time, most of you won't agree. Most people will debate the issue in hand as befits a discussion forum don't make your threads personal. If you are unable to reply without making a personal comment about somebody's belief then don't reply and save us all the favour of having to read it. You can ‘attack’ a fellow members' point of view, you cannot attack them for having that view.
(57) UTC Guidelines | AFC Bournemouth Forum (vitalfootball.co.uk)

Although this policy has been attributed to the Margaret Thatcher government in the 1980s, community care was not a new idea. As a policy it had been around since the early 1950s. Its general aim was a more cost-effective way of helping people with mental health problems and physical disabilities, by removing them from impersonal, often Victorian, institutions, and caring for them in their own homes. Since the 1950s various governments had been attracted to the policy of community care.

3 - This is a forum for discussion. That means most of the time, most of you won't agree. Most people will debate the issue in hand as befits a discussion forum don't make your threads personal. If you are unable to reply without making a personal comment about somebody's belief then don't reply and save us all the favour of having to read it. You can ‘attack’ a fellow members' point of view, you cannot attack them for having that view.
Didn't you just post this Guideline #3 a few days ago?

Let's face it, if it wasn't for personal "attacks" on the Forum, as benign as most of them are, there's be nothing but the sound of crickets.

It's wasted breath. I'm not going to vote for anything other than the Conservatives purely in the hope that it keeps us from having a labour government.
Yeah, I agree from over here, while holding my nose. I just wish to hell the Conservative parties could find their way back to ideological roots.

Last edited:
I not going to get involved in the main debate, but having spent much of the past few years looking at all prime ministers we've had my top three
Gladstone
Campbell Bannerman
Atlee
Bottom three
Cameron
May
Johnson
Says a lot,
Churchill misses out, useless on domestic issues
Asquith for the reverse, great till first world war then useless
Cant believe how bad Disraeli was.
Wilson was the master at uniting labour left and right. No one has done it since. And Labour had factions then that were more right then than Starmer ( Gaitskellites).

I not going to get involved in the main debate, but having spent much of the past few years looking at all prime ministers we've had my top three
Gladstone
Campbell Bannerman
Atlee
Bottom three
Cameron
May
Johnson
Says a lot,
Churchill misses out, useless on domestic issues
Asquith for the reverse, great till first world war then useless
Cant believe how bad Disraeli was.
Wilson was the master at uniting labour left and right. No one has done it since. And Labour had factions then that were more right then than Starmer ( Gaitskellites).

Your right it says a lot …about your complete obsession with Brexit :rofl:
Your top three list isn’t so bad though to be fair .

I am no lover of the Tory party but visit Croydon to see what a left wing labour administration does to its residents. Squandered millions on dubious schemes and dropped any pretence of belief in democracy. I could say plenty more on the damage it has done to the community.

Perhaps you will say the tories do the same - and I am no lover of that party or bojo - but think a lot of people on this forum are still in denial about their own Labour Party.

Tories get the blame for brexit but it was the traditional labour vote that pushed the UK (or GB) into leaving - around 50 of the 52 poorest constituencies voted to leave. That why Boris got a big majority to get brexit done. Don’t get any praise for Corbyn at all. Corbyn’s lack of leadership was a disservice to this country on this issue (I voted remain) and on other plenty of other issues he would have been a total disaster.

I don’t normally post on politics as I visit this site to talk football but after reading so many posts thought I would express my opinion. No follow up posts will be made.
I think you may find
How can the minority dominate the discourse? Surely if there was a majority point of view it would be prevalent?
i think a lot of lefties on here see all the delusional right wing twaddle on this thread and remain silent

The nut and paste job.

Starmer has ' lost it'...himself and Electorate fence -sitters ..and most of his Party...for the recent sacking of an MP for picketing. .I couldn't believe what I was reading..the silly cnut...
...as bad as the bloody Tories...sack .sack..sack sack - F√ck-all Work gets Done....nothing solved !

Far be it for me to think that the next big f√cking Hoo Ha.. will be the bloody MPs themselves, striking for more Pay... Oh don't laugh or think I'm drama-queening ..anything is possible with this shower of sh*t Parliament....

Last edited:
will be the bloody MPs themselves striking for more Pay... Oh don't laugh or think I'm drama-queening ..anything is possible with this shower of sh*t Parliament....

Probably the easiest thing to get through parliament is yet another pay rise for MPs

Every day now..turning the News on...brings up a f√cking avalanche of joke- ridden items regarding Politics.... It's a Farcical situation..we need some relatively competent f√cker to start running the Nation for the benefit of its inhabitants..

Andrew Neil's crucification of Sunak was sublime....the little Capitaliist Runt, it appeared stood firm eventually..albeit with more lies and some empty rhetoric !
I see that Truss chickened out..f√ck sh*t...
Neil is the Man to sort these Cnuts ! Oh Yes Popeye !

Unrepentant Tory and minister for Brexit Opportunities names the scapegoats for UK failing to take back control, quelle surprise

“There’ll be no need for checks at Dover, but it will be an ability to ensure that the roads keep running around Dover, even if there’s delays at Calais. The delays will not be at Dover; they will be at Calais,” the Tory MP told LBC’s Nick Ferrari at the time.
Speaking to Mr Ferrari on Tuesday, after being played his 2018 comments, Mr Rees-Mogg said: “The delays are caused by the French. They are French-created delays.”

As the Brexiteer fumbled over an answer, the broadcaster pressed him on whether he would apologise as he got that information wrong.
“Yes, I of course got that wrong,” he said.

Yes, you read that right. A minister in Boris Johnson’s government went on the radio and openly admitted he had made a mistake. The one thing many of the electorate have been crying out for in our politics – some honesty and integrity – has just been delivered by the most unlikely of politicians: Jacob Rees-Mogg.

“But I got it wrong for the right reason,” he added.

Jacob Rees-Mogg finally admits that he got one of Brexit's biggest disasters wrong (msn.com)

;