Retro Season Thread.

1615115398803-f16ffc9e-0064-4e47-8688-b07272573e74.jpg
Whistle goes. Our new terrace neighbours wish us well, shake our hands, apologise for their trouble making fans and over the fence.

1615115439867-09af16d9-2e99-480b-8aef-30b8c3cf8c2a.jpg
Last one. Wandered through to the stand for this.
A day no one there will ever forget.
Wish I'd got a shot of Tim Bruce on top of the New Stand.

I actually blagged a seat in the main stand that day and couldn't believe the amount of Leeds in there. Drove into town early morning to witness the carnage, back to my local to meet up with my mates and a couple of pints. Warned them as to how things were going to be that day and they all told me to man up , everything would be fine. Was in the social club that day being told not to leave but watched the game anyway. I couldn't stomach the end of game scenes so decided to leave early. The stewards were telling people to not leave early but I did and when I got outside there was no trouble in fact the smug b*starts slapped me on the back a couple of times saying unlucky mate. I hate to think what it would have been like that if the result hadn't gone their way. Worse bank holiday ever.
I f#cking hate Leeds and always will !

Great thread. Leeds eh?
Talking of idiots, please tell me I was the only Cherry who went to Windsor & Eton for an FA cup tie on the Saturday only to get there and find it was postponed. Thought it was quiet.
Started out, then went to watch Reading V Oxford instead. Very feisty!

I actually blagged a seat in the main stand that day and couldn't believe the amount of Leeds in there. Drove into town early morning to witness the carnage, back to my local to meet up with my mates and a couple of pints. Warned them as to how things were going to be that day and they all told me to man up , everything would be fine. Was in the social club that day being told not to leave but watched the game anyway. I couldn't stomach the end of game scenes so decided to leave early. The stewards were telling people to not leave early but I did and when I got outside there was no trouble in fact the smug b*starts slapped me on the back a couple of times saying unlucky mate. I hate to think what it would have been like that if the result hadn't gone their way. Worse bank holiday ever.
I f#cking hate Leeds and always will !
Same experience and emotions for me, and I feel exactly the same about L**ds too

I was in the new stand with loads of Leeds fans, very intimidating queue outside before the game, so late opening the turnstiles. Only made the situation worse

This weekend in 87.
Who made the trip to Wigan?
Was it 1-1 when abandoned?

Yes went on exiles mini bus. No snow in Wigan when we arrived but then a blizzard when by the time we left the pub (only a short drink honest!)

conditions no worse when abandoned than when we started the game but we had the wind at our backs and would have won before abandoned. Last time I saw an orange ball live.

nightmare journey home with road signs covered in snow and in the days before sat nav!

85-86 season this week.

Was this the season Reading won about 14 in a row at the start? And Manchester Utd about 12?

Derby had a lot of games in hand. Extended Cup run, or just their ropey pitch leading to a few postponements?

Was this the season Reading won about 14 in a row at the start? And Manchester Utd about 12?

Derby had a lot of games in hand. Extended Cup run, or just their ropey pitch leading to a few postponements?

It was.
I think Reading won their first 9, came to us in the Ass Membs Cup and we beat them 5-0.

It was.
I think Reading won their first 9, came to us in the Ass Membs Cup and we beat them 5-0.

They somehow managed to win here 1-0 on Boxing Day but we got revenge at Easter coming from 1 down to win 2-1 with a Clarky screamer from about 30 yards

;