Great season.

Attachments

• ret3.jpg
    ret3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 16
  • ret12.jpg
    ret12.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 16
Started out, then went to watch Reading V Oxford instead. Very feisty!

There was at least one hundred of us in the seats next to the away end. Mayhem when we started singing and the Oxford support couldn't get to us, Reading fans did their usual trick of chucking coins.

The only season I managed to see every home and away league match. Wish I’d waited a year!
I managed that in 90-91 - such a frustrating year as we had the quality and experience to be challengers for automatic promotion back to the 2nd division but it just didn’t happen ...
Great laugh going to all those games though - even if some were truly dreadful performances ....

I actually blagged a seat in the main stand that day and couldn't believe the amount of Leeds in there. Drove into town early morning to witness the carnage, back to my local to meet up with my mates and a couple of pints. Warned them as to how things were going to be that day and they all told me to man up , everything would be fine. Was in the social club that day being told not to leave but watched the game anyway. I couldn't stomach the end of game scenes so decided to leave early. The stewards were telling people to not leave early but I did and when I got outside there was no trouble in fact the smug b*starts slapped me on the back a couple of times saying unlucky mate. I hate to think what it would have been like that if the result hadn't gone their way. Worse bank holiday ever.
I f#cking hate Leeds and always will !
My dad dropped me , my brother and a couple of mates off at the edge of KP - we couldn’t believe what we were seeing !
Queuing for the south stand getting bottles and bricks chucked at us as they surged towards the L&&&s team bus - we hid behind the outside broadcast vans !
Police horse charge weighed into them and they scattered allowing us to get in ....
Scary stuff - the game a non event as we were never going to get anything.....
Left a bit early to avoid the inevitable- passed a huge load of L&&&s behind barriers all wanting to shake our hands !
Odd ending to it all ....

I was trying to make it relevant to the eighties, boss
Until you mentioned it I'd completely forgotten about Lotus 1-2-3 !!!
That was before MS had completely steamrollered everyone else into submission and MS was not yet the de-facto office standard.
IBM's brave attempt at a spreadsheet application.
Now that you've got me reminiscing WW I'm remembering my brief dalliance with OS/2, IBM's attempt at a graphical operating system.
Oh and the Netscape browser, which needed an update just about every time you tried to open it.
Happy days, 9600 baud dial-up internet too !
- sigh -

I use an Open Office database!
Being tight I spent a few months trying to master Open Office rather than jumping on the expensive MS Office bandwagon. I have to say that I really struggled with it ! It always seemed to be the opposite of intuitive to me. Sure, it probably CAN do everything MS Office can do but good luck finding out how to do it.
I suppose post-Google it might be easier to get to grips with, at least these days there is plenty of help out there on the internet.

Being tight I spent a few months trying to master Open Office rather than jumping on the expensive MS Office bandwagon. I have to say that I really struggled with it ! It always seemed to be the opposite of intuitive to me. Sure, it probably CAN do everything MS Office can do but good luck finding out how to do it.
I suppose post-Google it might be easier to get to grips with, at least these days there is plenty of help out there on the internet.
Its horrid! Use to love dBase II and even Microsoft Access

Oh this brings back memories of using VisiCalc, which only left me with 2Mb to actually use on my 48 Mb Apple II. When I checked with the supplier (Deverills in an office over Safeways in Poole) I found they had omitted to put in a 16 Mb expansion board and I only had 32 Mb of which the operating system took up the other 12 Mb!

I did 63 games that season (85/86), including 3 pre-season friendlies, England V Romania, England V Northern Ireland and bizarrely the 84/85 Hampshire Cup Final V Portsmouth at Dean Court.

Was that latter game where Bobbie Savage broke his leg?

I did 63 games that season (85/86), including 3 pre-season friendlies, England V Romania, England V Northern Ireland and bizarrely the 84/85 Hampshire Cup Final V Portsmouth at Dean Court.

Was that latter game where Bobbie Savage broke his leg?
Savage had his leg broken by that s h!t ......Mick Tait ....it was against Pompey, always thought it was a pre season "friendly "

Who was the guy the coach used to pick up on the slip road at Rownhams....was it Barry ? I say coach as it wasn't that often there was more than one ;)

;