Revolution ...

Thank god we are not judging big Sam prematurely. I mean he has had all of 40 mins so far. Allardyce OUT.

Skrtel gets sent off, but who really profits from his ban? Their next opponents. He should be banned for the return.

All of our group games will be crap. Attack against defence and England struggle to break teams down. International football is pretty dull in general these days but all you have to do is win.

SlowDownDerek - 4/9/2016 17:38

Same old supportive fans too it seems. You deserve a sh*t team.

They travelled in numbers. I'm struggling with your irrational hatred of England fans unless you're a jock of course.

red_house - 4/9/2016 19:12

SlowDownDerek - 4/9/2016 17:38

Same old supportive fans too it seems. You deserve a sh*t team.

They travelled in numbers. I'm struggling with your irrational hatred of England fans unless you're a jock of course.

I'm not talking about the fans that travel. Generally speaking they are positive and back the team through thick and thin. It takes a lot for England away fans to turn on the team as I'm sure the one's on here will attest to.

I just hate negative england fans who blame players for lack of passion or effort and accuse them of not caring when they lose. It's nonsense. We've been through it all before but if the English press and fans backed the team no matter what maybe the wouldn't continuously collapse under the pressure - look at Wales.

SlowDownDerek - 4/9/2016 19:19

I just hate negative england fans who blame players for lack of passion or effort and accuse them of not caring when they lose. It's nonsense. We've been through it all before but if the English press and fans backed the team no matter what maybe the wouldn't continuously collapse under the pressure - look at Wales.

haha yes I remember now,as you say we've been through this before.

The press is this country have always been a bunch of shysters not sure that will ever change

RobTrent - 4/9/2016 19:26

So its the fans who don't travel who are to blame!?

No, it'st the players that are afraid of failure.

Forget the massive wages etc., the bulk of players in the EPL are foreign and their national sides seem to do ok.

England have a mindset that is passed on from team to team where flair is stifled and grinding out results is the norm.

I'm blamimg over expectation from the media as a starter.

Not the England fans, they just get wound up by the media.

Only the one's that contribute to making player's lives hell well they inevitably fail. Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Stevie G, Phil Neville, Frank Lampard, David Beckham, etc etc have all said they think the reason England always fail is because the players can't handle the pressure. Rooney and Sterling in particular have been treated disgracefully since the Euros but no, it's obviously because they get paid too much and don't care (because obviously those international footballers who do well get paid buttons).

Ken Baileys Ghost - 4/9/2016 19:36

RobTrent - 4/9/2016 19:26

So its the fans who don't travel who are to blame!?

No, it'st the players that are afraid of failure.

Forget the massive wages etc., the bulk of players in the EPL are foreign and their national sides seem to do ok.

England have a mindset that is passed on from team to team where flair is stifled and grinding out results is the norm.

I'm blamimg over expectation from the media as a starter.

Not the England fans, they just get wound up by the media.

In fairness you are probably right about it being media led. Every player should sweat blood but apparently journos doing their level best to disrupt and cause divisions in the squads are fine. Each fan is responsible for how they behave though so if you let the press goad you into being a negative fan who contributes to the pressure then you only have yourself to blame. As AFCB fans we know full well what impact backing a team through thick and thin has on their performance.

Only caught the end of the England debate on ITV, but in the midst of bemoaning Joe Hart's move to Italy and Jack Wilshere's move to Bournemouth they were discussing winter breaks so that the squad were not so tired when it came to major tournaments...

Glenn Hoddle was also suggesting that soon a lot of players in the England squad would come from the Championship, but apparently that should have a big overhaul of being split into two "groups" of 16, purely for the benefit of England.

Personally against both ideas. England is the envy of the world in regards to our football pyramid, leave it well alone especially considering international football is fastly becoming an irrelevance.

;