Richard Hughes

A scouser gets killed and ends up outside the pearly gates.

He gives the gate a knock and St Peter emerges who says 'For fucks sake not another scouser, im sick of you lot'

The scouser says 'Go ed lar let me I'm

St Peter asks him if he's done anything charitable recently. The scouser says....

YEAH I gave a fiver to Help the Aged and a fiver to the Dog Pound last week.'

St Peter says ok I'll have to have a word with Jesus about this one............

He comes back 10 minutes later and says.....

'Here's your tenner back now **************** off'

I've lived in Liverpool. It's no worse than any other big city. Your tired attempt at humour is not only inaccurate but also boring, stereotypical, middle-class codswallop.
Then in which case feel free to ignore my posts. Additionally, if you do not find my comment amusing then simply do not laugh at it. Problem solved!

Good day!

Last edited:
Then in which case feel free to ignore my posts. Additionally, if you do not find my comment amusing then simply do not laugh at it. Problem solved!

Good day!
You might as well not post.
Anyone who disagrees with you, you tell them to ignore your posts. That’s around 99% of the board members.
I still picture you bringing out the half time oranges at Duck Lane complaining you were been overlooked and ignored for team selection. Hmmm?

Dont know if this link has already been posted but it makes interesting reading.

Some choice quotes in there
"But Hughes extracting a record fee from a fellow Premier League club for a player[Moussett] of ostensibly low worth undeniably bodes well."

Mousset has more talent than Solanke, he scored a goal last week that Solanke could never score.

So..to summarise....Hughes is going to Liverpool...or maybe to Newcastle.....or if Real Madro get a sniff of the Hype, they can put a hook in water...jubbly - thing is his majesty wont be at Dean Court for 24-25...he don't wanna be here no more....jubbly bubbly...only a few would like him stay pine tree and squirrels and not go jam butty land where there are very few trees and zero squirrels...just a panorama of scrap yards and pop star venues..
" A love like that- you know you should be glad...wooooh...she loves you yeah yeah yeah......" " Klopps got a ticket to rihide... Klopps got a ticket to rihihide" " Can't Buy me Lur'urve...but we might buy back our Dom ... and Semenyo on the cheap my friends ..if that's all friggin right".

("Keith East's goal was disallowed so we were satisfied ")
Enough of that !

Nice for his family to amble along Mersey foreshores on a Sunday Savo and bump into the Diddy Men on their day out ... la !

Last edited:
Dont know if this link has already been posted but it makes interesting reading.

hughes is clearly a highly talented and knowledgeable football person

big boots to fill but hopefully franno has learnt a lot under hughes and can do a equally impressive job

hughes is clearly a highly talented and knowledgeable football person

big boots to fill but hopefully franno has learnt a lot under hughes and can do a equally impressive job
For me, Hughes has been central to the most successful period in AFCB's history. It seems most older supporters who have spent a large part of their lives supporting us in Leagues 1 & 2 but struggle to understand what it has taken for us to reach our current position in the Premier League. Complaints about managers, player recruitment which has been awful according to some, has somehow seen us struggle up the leagues and into the top level, and looking pretty good. And it was all down to Howe!! For me, great that he was for us I've always felt this has been a great team effort by all those at the club. I guess you don't know what you've got until it has gone. As Charlton fans how who wanted Curbishley out ow they feel about their club today. Could we do better? Always I guess but aren't we in a great position today than watching that awful 0-0 stuff on a cold winter's night in League 2 under Benson. Nothing could have been further from enjoying watching a football match. Take a bow Hughes, you will have earnt your next calling.

For me, Hughes has been central to the most successful period in AFCB's history. It seems most older supporters who have spent a large part of their lives supporting us in Leagues 1 & 2 but struggle to understand what it has taken for us to reach our current position in the Premier League. Complaints about managers, player recruitment which has been awful according to some, has somehow seen us struggle up the leagues and into the top level, and looking pretty good. And it was all down to Howe!! For me, great that he was for us I've always felt this has been a great team effort by all those at the club.

It of course has been a team effort. But Howe did build the club on his shoulders whilst we climbed the leagues.

Hughes only became part of the recruitment team in 2014 and became technical director in 2016. So his influence on promotion to the Premier League (first time) is limited.

Maintaining our position in the top flight could of course be argued is the bigger achievement but that’s going to be something that everyone could argue and debate.

;