Richard Hughes

Indeed. Time will tell!
Setting aside your absolutely outstanding textbook manoeuvring of the argument - you'll know I bemoan your missed vocation in journalism but now you're into the realm of a Downing Street director of communications :clap:

I think we'll all agree that Hughes has landed one hell of a job - rebuilding Liverpool post-Klopp is a pretty daunting task - and in spite of all your remarkable literary gymnastics he's achieved the appointment on the back of an undeniably impressive record here.

Should he fail I'm sure fingers will point to his long-time association with Edwards and, of course, his signing of Ibe and Smith :grinning:

Can you distinguish between Hughes and everyone else before him then because I don’t remember a time that you ever thought our transfers were more hit than miss? So why does Hughes get the wrath he does from you?
Loads of signings I loved… look at our whole journey through the leagues…

One of Hughes’ first - and biggest - tasks at Liverpool will be to identify and recruit Jurgen Klopp’s successor. Former Reds midfielder Xabi Alonso is one of the favourites for the job, having overseen a remarkable transformation since taking over at Bayer Leverkusen, who are in the hunt for three trophies, including a first-ever Bundesliga title.

Hughes already boasts a good relationship with Alonso’s agent and representatives - Inaki Ibanez of IDUB Global - after appointing Andoni Iraola as Bournemouth head coach last summer. Iraola, who has led the Cherries to 13th in the Premier League and effective safety by March, is also represented by the IDUB Global group.

However, Alonso is not the only serious candidate to replace Klopp, with Sporting Lisbon’s Ruben Amorim, Brighton’s Roberto De Zerbi and Germany’s Julian Naglesmann among those said to be under consideration.

In the case of De Zerbi, Hughes has tried to appoint him before. If not for a delayed takeover at Bournemouth, the Italian was lined up to replace Scott Parker in August 2022.

Loads of signings I loved… look at our whole journey through the leagues…

That doesn’t answer the question. You’ve moaned about more signings than you’ve loved.

For every Lys Mousset that you’ve loved, there’s been a Dominic Solanke or Tokelo Rantie that you’ve moaned about and questioned their fee.

For every Harry Arter, there’s a Hamed Traore or a Ryan Christie that you’ve moaned about or questioned their fee. There’s far more examples of players you’ve bemoaned than championed?

One of Hughes’ first - and biggest - tasks at Liverpool will be to identify and recruit Jurgen Klopp’s successor. Former Reds midfielder Xabi Alonso is one of the favourites for the job, having overseen a remarkable transformation since taking over at Bayer Leverkusen, who are in the hunt for three trophies, including a first-ever Bundesliga title.

Hughes already boasts a good relationship with Alonso’s agent and representatives - Inaki Ibanez of IDUB Global - after appointing Andoni Iraola as Bournemouth head coach last summer. Iraola, who has led the Cherries to 13th in the Premier League and effective safety by March, is also represented by the IDUB Global group.

However, Alonso is not the only serious candidate to replace Klopp, with Sporting Lisbon’s Ruben Amorim, Brighton’s Roberto De Zerbi and Germany’s Julian Naglesmann among those said to be under consideration.

In the case of De Zerbi, Hughes has tried to appoint him before. If not for a delayed takeover at Bournemouth, the Italian was lined up to replace Scott Parker in August 2022.

What a nonsense article. It’s obviously inaccurate because there’s no quote from Neil, as he knows the true situation.

Indeed. Time will tell!

No it won't. The argument is done. Liverpool probably will start to go downhill now because every club who ever lost a manager of that stature always does. The fact that the bloke has been poached by Liverpool proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that your silly and relentless agenda trying to prove that he was terrible at his job is and always was bullshit.

You’re choosing to remember the bits you want to remember Rob, or banter.

I didn’t rate Hughes, I’m glad he’s gone and I’m in the camp of more miss than hit with his signings. Especially with the money he has spent. I’ve never said everyone he has signed is a miss there’s been some great signings. I also was over the moon we landed Iraola as is well documented on the early pages of the Iraola thread.

Maybe he's choosing to remember the relentless posts for years on end about how shite Hughes is rather that the backtracking posts of the last few weeks when you realised he was off to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

That doesn’t answer the question. You’ve moaned about more signings than you’ve loved.

For every Lys Mousset that you’ve loved, there’s been a Dominic Solanke or Tokelo Rantie that you’ve moaned about and questioned their fee.

For every Harry Arter, there’s a Hamed Traore or a Ryan Christie that you’ve moaned about or questioned their fee. There’s far more examples of players you’ve bemoaned than championed?

He only liked Mousett when he was referring to how shite Solanke was in comparison - mostly after he'd left AFCB.

No it won't. The argument is done. Liverpool probably will start to go downhill now because every club who ever lost a manager of that stature always does. The fact that the bloke has been poached by Liverpool proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that your silly and relentless agenda trying to prove that he was terrible at his job is and always was bullshit.
In your opinion Del. Which is fair enough but it’s not the gospel you think it is.

Liverpool choosing Hughes doesn’t make him one of the best in the world anymore than them choosing Hodgson didn’t make him one of the best managers in the world.

His mate wanted to work with him. Let’s see how he gets on.

In your opinion Del. Which is fair enough but it’s not the gospel you think it is.

Liverpool choosing Hughes doesn’t make him one of the best in the world anymore than them choosing Hodgson didn’t make him one of the best managers in the world.

His mate wanted to work with him. Let’s see how he gets on.

My opinion isn't gospel at all. Your opinion however is based on a load of subjective assesment and filling in the blanks. You've no idea who made what key decisions yet you've spent years blaming all the ones you perceive to be crap on Richard Hughes. The one-sided nature of your analysis of the bloke is staggering. I tell you who will know what decisions were Hughes' and what ones were down to the owner or other factors..... Liverpool FC, and they have staked their billion pound business behind their opinion of him.

Even now you think he's actually really shite but just has a mate that owes him a favour.... and the Liverpool owner, another sports billionaire, is just sat there shrugging his shoulders with his shoes on the wrong feet.

Crazy how you've unearthed another billionaire moron yet again.

My opinion isn't gospel at all. Your opinion however is based on a load of subjective assesment and filling in the blanks. You've no idea who made what key decisions yet you've spent years blaming all the ones you perceive to be crap on Richard Hughes. The one-sided nature of your analysis of the bloke is staggering. I tell you who will know what decisions were Hughes' and what ones were down to the owner or other factors..... Liverpool FC, and they have staked their billion pound business behind their opinion of him.

Even now you think he's actually really shite but just has a mate that owes him a favour.... and the Liverpool owner, another sports billionaire, is just sat there shrugging his shoulders with his shoes on the wrong feet.

Crazy how you've unearthed another billionaire moron yet again.
Your usual hyperbole Del. You rate him, I don’t. Getting a new job doesn’t affect my opinion of some of the excesses and wastes of money and poor managerial directions here.

Many successful and rich people make mistakes on appointments. You don’t think they have.. I do. Simple as that mate. Let’s see how it plays out.

Your usual hyperbole Del. You rate him, I don’t. Getting a new job doesn’t affect my opinion of some of the excesses and wastes of money and poor managerial directions here.

Many successful and rich people make mistakes on appointments. You don’t think they have.. I do. Simple as that mate. Let’s see how it plays out.

You have a go at me for hyperbole yet you're putting words in my mouth. I've never said I particularly rate him and certainly haven't said he's one of the best in the world as you suggested in your last post... I've no idea how good or bad he is because, like you, I'm not privy to the ins and outs of the decisions he makes.

What I have said is that your relentless years long campaign to brand him as useless, incompetent and rank amateur is completely baseless and without merit. If he turns out to be as competent as Roy Hodgson then pretty much everything you've said about him will have been proven wrong whether he turns out to be at Liverpool's level or not.

Yes they do make mistakes but they rarely employ people who are clearly incompetent so to have three extremely wealthy people in a row make the same mistake on the guy you happen have a weird agenda against is quite the coupon buster don't you think?

;