Riverside Rocket(S)

Great news! Did the club just relent or did they drive a hard bargain? I'm imagining a deal where your shirts for this season will be covered in sponsorship like an F1 driver or the good lady replacing divots at half time?

I consider my T-shirts as works of art, no one would slap a Texaco sticker on the Mona Lisa
: )

The Good Lady says there's a divi she wouldn't mind replacing : )

Just had an update from the Ticket Office, The Riverside Rocket(s) are running to Everton and beyond, to the end of the season : )
They did say something about it being reviewed at the end of the season ( I think) but I couldn't hear properly with all the carnival music and fireworks going off in my head : )

Once again, thanks for all the kind words and support we received over this, I'm never really sure how much notice people take of the Rockets but it's heart warming to see people see us : )

It also brought home to me how much the club means to myself and the Good Lady. It's a great feeling to feel included, especially with our club and it's great band of supporters : )

Fantastic news!!!! Great to know that Rob, Mrs table and others will still be able to get to away fixtures this season (and beyond, I hope).

Shame that you will there as well, but with success sometimes comes disappointment. :ROFLMAO:

:utc: Always!

Great news. The rocket is up there with the old club shop shed and the supporters' club. A part of the fans' culture. I'd buy a rocket t shirt. Maybe the club would let the badge be used. Is suggest a table design. Could raise funds to support it?

I
Just had an update from the Ticket Office, The Riverside Rocket(s) are running to Everton and beyond, to the end of the season : )
They did say something about it being reviewed at the end of the season ( I think) but I couldn't hear properly with all the carnival music and fireworks going off in my head : )

Once again, thanks for all the kind words and support we received over this, I'm never really sure how much notice people take of the Rockets but it's heart warming to see people see us : )

It also brought home to me how much the club means to myself and the Good Lady. It's a great feeling to feel included, especially with our club and it's great band of supporters : )
I'm breaking my sabbatical again but only to post this, and in no way posting for any credit whatsoever, but I have pestered Jim Frevola, AfCB and the Echo over this on 'x' every day for the last week or so and I'm really pleased that they have decided to continue, for this season at least ,for our fantastic away support. I do hope in some small way that I've helped. Up the Cherries

Great news! Did the club just relent or did they drive a hard bargain? I'm imagining a deal where your shirts for this season will be covered in sponsorship like an F1 driver or the good lady replacing divots at half time?
We couldn't possibly say... without the express permission of Pepsi Cola, Pukka Pies and Wagon Wheels!

Seriously though, great news, and thank you all for your support!

Hi everyone, Here's our post on this. There will be more updates in the future. Obviously would encourage anyone who has a view to join the DSA and come to future meetings with club https://x.com/afcbdsa/status/1701915385493090508?s=20

Hi Mr Boscombe Cherry, I hope I didn't jump your gun with my post. It's just that, I was quick enough to express my view on what I thought could be bad news from the club. I wanted to share the good news when I heard it : )

By the way we, as a couple, totally support the DSA as you establish yourselves. It's so much more productive sharing views and opinions with the club, rather than both sides shouting at each other : )

Thanks to you and the club, from at least two old duffers : )

Really fantastic news. With all the other things going on around the club off the field at the moment, it’s excellent to get some positive news for supporters.

I

I'm breaking my sabbatical again but only to post this, and in no way posting for any credit whatsoever, but I have pestered Jim Frevola, AfCB and the Echo over this on 'x' every day for the last week or so and I'm really pleased that they have decided to continue, for this season at least ,for our fantastic away support. I do hope in some small way that I've helped. Up the Cherries

Thanks for that Red' old chap : )

To be honest I don't always agree with all your posts but as far as I can see, you always post your genuine views and opinions. I can accept them because it's what you're feeling at the time of posting. What pees me off are the "Phoney posters", they come on here with confected and concocted views and opinions, solely to get a negative response. I don't know if it annoys or depresses me most: )

Over the past 3 decades I've spent more and more time with disabled people. It does boil my bacon some what, when people that have the full option of how they enter a building, where they cross a road, how they get from the ground floor to the first floor. Then they get on social media deliberately posting stuff, they don't believe or agree with, just to annoy people they'll never meet. Surely if they've got the time, ability and opportunity, it truly baffles me, why can't they put the same effort into being positive : )

Ps that's definitely not aimed at you, as I say, I can take you actually possessing a very different view to me ( If everyone was the same as me, I don't think I'd want to fit in, in a world like that). It's the ones that pretend for effect, they have me shaking my head : )

Hi Mr Boscombe Cherry, I hope I didn't jump your gun with my post. It's just that, I was quick enough to express my view on what I thought could be bad news from the club. I wanted to share the good news when I heard it : )

By the way we, as a couple, totally support the DSA as you establish yourselves. It's so much more productive sharing views and opinions with the club, rather than both sides shouting at each other : )

Thanks to you and the club, from at least two old duffers : )
Hi, no worries. Thanks for the message. To some extent we have to wait to get the 'okay' to announce things, that's the nature now of being an organisation. But there's no issue sharing good or bad news. The DSA has proved to be a great way to channel views of disabled fans. It's still early days, but this was a good example we could explain the impact and ideas as a group.

BTW, keep contacting the club directly if you have any issues, but let us know as well. Hannah and John are very approachable. I probably should post more on here as well! For those who haven't you can join us (free) by emailing details to afcbdsa@hotmail.com

I was just wondering what happened to the old WATC (Wacky Alternative Travel Club)? I seem to recall supporters canoeing down a river to get to Chester once.

I was just wondering what happened to the old WATC (Wacky Alternative Travel Club)? I seem to recall supporters canoeing down a river to get to Chester once.
I am going to assume that you are not implying that wheelchair users are "Wacky" and/or "Alternative" because they use a wheelchair, that would suggest they had a choice.

Not a very sensitive tangent to take this thread on.

NB I am fully aware that R&R is a clickbait wind up merchant with no class or morals and also that the honourable company of Rocketeers in no way need me to fight their corner. They are far more eloquent than I am.

;