Rodrigo Riquelme

AFC Bournemouth manager Jason Tindall said: “It is great to have a new signing on board and especially someone of Rodrigo’s quality.

“I have made it very clear that we will only sign players who can improve our squad and we have now done that.

“This football club has been synonymous with impactful wingers over the years, and Rodrigo fits that bill perfectly.

“He is a creative, exciting talent who I cannot wait to start working with.”

AFC Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake said: “Rodrigo is someone we have been chasing for a long time, so I am delighted that our patience and persistence has paid off.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/riquelme-joins-the-cherries/
Peter Johnson
Jon Evanson

Yeah, I see where JT is coming from. ;-)

Judging by the interview on COWS he seems like a humble, positive lad and seems genuinely enthusiastic. I don't think he'll fail through lack of effort or poor attitude. Now we just need to get him integrated into the team and find a way to get the best out of him. I'm feeling quite positive that this could turn out to be a very useful signing. Welcome Rodders !!!

Pleased to welcome this pleasant young chap! I think he has a good chance of thriving here if he's allowed to express himself a la Arnie.

Hopefully a great signing and will be good to see him and Rico building a partnership in the mould of Chazza and Pugh... But, I still don't see how we have 'fought off lots of other clubs' to get this dude's signature...

Everything that went for us in bagging decent young talent has seemingly gone, and we are now no better than a load of other average clubs fighting it out in the Championship...

We've lost PL status, we've lost Eddie's reputation, we've a sh*te (but lovable) ground and no training facilities of note...

Then compare us to the few of clubs mentioned and I am flummoxed... Even reading must be slightly more of a pull than us in infrastructure alone... Maybe the beach does do it for some players...??? Or maybe Blake and Hughes have genuinely pulled the cat out the bag here... (pending him actually being any good)...

Anyhow... I'm pleased we've signed someone at last and I'm excited to see him ply his trade at DC... Now for a Keeper and Carter-Vickers... :)

"Ro Ro Ro, he goes
flying down the wing
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
life is but a dream"

Needs some work.

Anyone looking at COWS would think we've just signed the next Messi. Digital team have pulled out all the stops.

This is JT’s first signing as our manager, so in a number of years time when he may get asked who was your first signing as a player, we all know the answer now.

So I bet he is chuffed to hopefully have brought in a player who in time will improve our team.

Welcome to the club, but is he going to get the eddie treatment where need to learn the Bournemouth way, so will not play for us for 6months

Welcome to the club, but is he going to get the eddie treatment where need to learn the Bournemouth way, so will not play for us for 6months
I hope not . If he’s good enough then get him involved . Been over here with reading so been in the country for a bit.

;