Rodrigo Riquelme

Well, I seem to be in a minority of one, so assumed I was wrong. Taken a look at the stats, compared him to Stanislas due to it being a like for like switch, Stanislas, even I’d admit was poor by his standards whilst on the pitch for the 38 minutes.

Roro playing 52 minutes touched the ball just 3 more times that Stanislas, had a worse pass completion rate (88-81% so neither that bad in all honesty), 2 “key” passes for Stanislas 0 for Roro.

Of course doesn’t take into account dropping back and offering cover for the full back, which both do better than Danjuma etc.

I’m not digging him out or anything and he’s young so will always get more patience than the older players. But I just don’t get the hype around him and never have. Nor do I get why some players get criticised quicker than others.
I think you have nailed it when you mention his dropping back and covering. He never used to do that early on in the season but last night he was chasing back all the time. I think there is a lot of potential there but as we all know young players don't always progress. I hope he does, he looked genuinely up for it last night.

BTK,

You've just given a resume of typical pub team Sunday League footballer:):)

Was thinking more of we complain on here that our players are not always giving of their best.

I want to see our players go out and give 100% effort, I thought the lad did that, just needs to sharpen up on his passing, but he is still 20, 21 next month.

So that will come with games and coaching.

Last edited:
something you would have hoped was noted during scouting.

I’m not convinced there was much of that going on prior to his arrival at Reading. I think we saw an opportunity and jumped at it, for whatever reason.

Just because he has gone to Spains second tier doesn't mean a thing,plenty of young players do it in England .
I think Roro had a lot of potential, just needed to toughen up a bit.
Will watch his career with interest.

Just because he has gone to Spains second tier doesn't mean a thing,plenty of young players do it in England .
I think Roro had a lot of potential, just needed to toughen up a bit.
Will watch his career with interest.
The difference in quality between the Spanish second tier and the English second tier is quite big.

If things were good enough to offload Anthony...then we don't f√cking need anyone else !

My Christ this Forum dun half baffle me....virtually bugger -all makes any sense.

If things were good enough to offload Anthony...then we don't f√cking need anyone else !

My Christ this Forum dun half baffle me....virtually bugger -all makes any sense.

Might be because you haven’t looked at the thread. He used to play for us…3 years ago. In fairness easily forgotten as he didn’t exactly set the world alight albeit he was young at the time.

Now he’s playing in Europe and doing rather well.

Might be because you haven’t looked at the thread. He used to play for us…3 years ago. In fairness easily forgotten as he didn’t exactly set the world alight albeit he was young at the time.

Now he’s playing in Europe and doing rather well.
I pretty much knew all that.....but i was reflecting on Anthony's departure !
But it's ok ...you know ...that I f√cking know...that I can't say f√ck -all on this predominantly elitists Forum.
I don't fit the grooves do I ?

;