Ross Barkley

dragonm8

UTC Legend
Anyone know why he ended up at Luton?

He's clearly a level above Luton, but seems not to be a too much of a billy big balls, otherwise he wouldnt have signed for Luton.

Compliments their team well, the heartbeat of the side, and still quality at 30.

Think he would fit our style of play quite well if Luton don't stay up.

I do hope Luton stay up though, much rather Everton or Forest or Brentford disappear.

Luton have been in so many games, and deserve a chance to rebuild under Rob Edwards with an additional years PL money.

He's clearly a level above Luton, but seems not to be a too much of a billy big balls, otherwise he wouldnt have signed for Luton.

Compliments their team well, the heartbeat of the side, and still quality at 30.

I do hope Luton stay up though, much rather Everton or Forest or Brentford disappear.

Luton have been in so many games, and deserve a chance to rebuild under Rob Edwards with an additional years PL money.

More here.

On just why he opted to head to Bedfordshire, the chance to make his name in the game again and manager Rob Edwards were big reasons, as speaking to BBC show Football Focus, he said: “I just felt like I had a lot to prove and I’d been missing my football, playing games. I feel like I've gone back in time as I've not played that much over the last three or four years, as much as maybe at times I deserved. Choosing to come to Luton, it was more the manager, I was speaking to him and he said he wanted me to just come and enjoy my football, play regularly and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.”

Thanks Billy.

Probably got a really nice signing on bonus.

Don't know if he plays like it every week, but always seems to play well against us.

When I have seen him live on Sky apart from our home games, he is instrumental in their midfield and tops the whoscored stats for his club with an average score of 7.18.

On that Talk Sport link, he was criticised for his second half performance.

He has been outstanding this season. He had a bit of drift in his career when he didn’t really establish himself at Chelsea or Villa lost his arrogant verve and then went on loan to Nice and didn’t enjoy that.

Sensible move to pick somewhere he was more likely to start every week and gain all that back.

To me, if they go down, we should bust a gut to sign him. He is excellent in the ten role we lack (although currently playing deeper). Better than anyone we’ve spent a fortune on to play there and their recruitment team picked him up free.

We’d have to overcome our dislike of fat scousers we’ve had previous run ins with.

But we managed it with Warren Aspinall….

He has been outstanding this season. He had a bit of drift in his career when he didn’t really establish himself at Chelsea or Villa lost his arrogant verve and then went on loan to Nice and didn’t enjoy that.

Sensible move to pick somewhere he was more likely to start every week and gain all that back.

To me, if they go down, we should bust a gut to sign him. He is excellent in the ten role we lack (although currently playing deeper). Better than anyone we’ve spent a fortune on to play there and their recruitment team picked him up free.

We’d have to overcome our dislike of fat scousers we’ve had previous run ins with.

But we managed it with Warren Aspinall….
Yes and went on loan to Reading too... who apparently were footing large % of his 100k plus a week wage... no wonder they're in serious financial issues now. Assume he wasn't focused there either given by how poorly they were doing.

Immensely talented player who sadly went off track during what should hsvr been his peak years.

Perhaps he's rediscovered his enthusiasm and he'll have a good end to his career.

Not sure that Kris Temple knows Barkley signed for Luton. When he scored Temple’s commentary was “Barkley scores for Everton” (watch the highlights on COWS).

Reactions: rgb

I stated befoe the game that Luton had fight in them and I was proved to be correct. Luton, I hope, will stay up because they have fight and cohesion in their squad.

I stated befoe the game that Luton had fight in them and I was proved to be correct. Luton, I hope, will stay up because they have fight and cohesion in their squad.
Yes you did say that, and I also hope they stay up.

Just perhaps, big up your own team before each game a little bit.

It's so much more endearing than the doomsday stuff.

Reactions: DJ
they do have fight in them but they still lose. they lack quality.
We also lacked quality when we came up, but stayed up with endeavour and grit.

They are showing great spirit, just like we did.

Think Rob Edward's would get some really good players with the funds and make them more competitive.

Think they are actually not a bad side at all.

Perhaps just a bit fragile mentally, given they get rolled a bit.

They have scored in 16 consecutive games..... thats a pretty good achievement for a newly promoted side.

We also lacked quality when we came up, but stayed up with endeavour and grit.

They are showing great spirit, just like we did.

Think Rob Edward's would get some really good players with the funds and make them more competitive.

Think they are actually not a bad side at all.

Perhaps just a bit fragile mentally, given they get rolled a bit.

They have scored in 16 consecutive games..... thats a pretty good achievement for a newly promoted side.
Agree, massive game this week for them. Beat Florist and with an expected points deduction coming for Florist (and Everton) they have a very good chance. They won't need that many points to stay up I don't think.

Florist deserve to go down after they signed Tom Dick and Harry blatantly sticking a finger up to the FFP rules. Probably signed 25 new players.

Not sure how the big clubs manage to avoid FFP but Forest went absolutely nuts with money when they got promoted.

Luton are performing well on a shoestring.

Don't like to see the table getting rearranged by points deductions, but there do need to be consequences.

I think the EPL needs to introduce a salary cap.

Would level the playing field somewhat.

Breach the salary cap, points deduction.

Can't see how the likes of Man City can spend probably 20 million quid a week on wages, and still meet FFP regulations.

There is a reason Man City is engraved on the EPL trophy for the last 3 seasons ..........

Money alone.

;