Ross Barkley

I disagree. I have correct regarding various issues throughout the season. You just fail recognise it

Many newspapers have reported that the PL are unlikely to take action with Forest and Everton this season due the fact that it would disrupt the relegation issue at the bottom of the PL and other clubs may be disadvantaged unfairly by such action.
Can you please list your correct predictions, compared to your wrong ones.

We have only won 9 games out of 28.

Drawn 8 and lost 11.

If, as you do, predict a loss every game over those 28 games you will have an accuracy percentage of around 33 per cent.

Have you ever predicted a win or a draw?

Its easy to predict a loss every game, and you will of course be correct more times than not, as we a are a lower level PL team.

If you just occasionally predicted a win or a draw, it would make your entire contribution more palatable.

I disagree. I have correct regarding various issues throughout the season. You just fail recognise it

Many newspapers have reported that the PL are unlikely to take action with Forest and Everton this season due the fact that it would disrupt the relegation issue at the bottom of the PL and other clubs may be disadvantaged unfairly by such action.
The penalties for Forest and Everton have to be published by 7 April and will be applied to this season. This is what the PL rules state. An appeal can be lodged within 7 days and this will be determined prior to or at the same time as the PL AGM on 24 May. The PL have stated that any points deduction confirmed by an appeal will be applied this season even if the season has finished. I have not seen any media reports that state otherwise. If you know of one please provide a link.

Hopefully you are correct. But I cannot see it happening. Both Forest and Everton deserve to be punished. I would be surprised if anything happened this season.

The likely outcome is that both Everton and Forest will start next season with a points deduction.
Out of interest. How did we get on against wolves yesterday?

Reactions: rgb
The penalties for Forest and Everton have to be published by 7 April and will be applied to this season. This is what the PL rules state. An appeal can be lodged within 7 days and this will be determined prior to or at the same time as the PL AGM on 24 May. The PL have stated that any points deduction confirmed by an appeal will be applied this season even if the season has finished. I have not seen any media reports that state otherwise. If you know of one please provide a link.

It is beyond a joke that the season could finish without a proper resolution to this issue and with teams not knowing what division they will be playing in. So supporters are going to fork out hundreds going to games, potentially have moments like we had at spurs, or even Carlisle, and it will be overruled like VAR after the event.

I don't know what the right answer is but it isn't that.

It is beyond a joke that the season could finish without a proper resolution to this issue and with teams not knowing what division they will be playing in. So supporters are going to fork out hundreds going to games, potentially have moments like we had at spurs, or even Carlisle, and it will be overruled like VAR after the event.

Completely agree. Th PL have created a rod for their own back with these timelines. Add in the threat of legal action if clubs feel unfairly treated if they get relegated as a result of the PL rule being changed and points deducted next season and you have a nightmare.
I think Florists penalty, if any, will be announced tomorrow.

Can you post some links to these many newspaper reports?

As for Barkley, he's having a great season. I doubt he'll be recalled to the England squad. I also doubt that we would sign him or that he would want to sign for us.

Completely agree.

For me it’s simple, the rules and their respective punishments should be totally unambiguous. If you break PSR then it results in a six point deduction for that season. All of this independent commission nonsense, have a set punishment for the offence committed.

Completely agree.

For me it’s simple, the rules and their respective punishments should be totally unambiguous. If you break PSR then it results in a six point deduction for that season. All of this independent commission nonsense, have a set punishment for the offence committed.
Yes but surely if you've broken it by 100s million it's more severe than a few million

Completely agree.

It can’t be that simple. How much the club has broken PSR by has to come into it.

It can’t be that simple. How much the club has broken PSR by has to come into it.
Good point. Wasn’t really what I was trying to get at. My point was that the punishments for offences committed should be clear and transparent to avoid this kind of situation. Could easily have it in place that you are deducted a point for every million you’ve gone over the limit by.

Good point. Wasn’t really what I was trying to get at. My point was that the punishments for offences committed should be clear and transparent to avoid this kind of situation. Could easily have it in place that you are deducted a point for every million you’ve gone over the limit by.
I agree. A set formula would be helpful.

Evertons deduction of 6 points for £20 Million should be an indication to clubs.

I suppose the risk is that you will get sides just calculating how much they go over and how many points they can afford to lose in any given season so that they can try win things and qualify for the CL later.

I suppose the risk is that you will get sides just calculating how much they go over and how many points they can afford to lose in any given season so that they can try win things and qualify for the CL later.
But they would have to be able to see into the future to do that would they not? I’m not sure that Everton were in the position that they knew how many points they could afford to lose when they filed their accounts. If clubs want to take calculated risks based on how many points they think they can manage losing then there’s not really a lot that can be done about that, that would be their risk to take. But at least we’d have total transparency.

I read somewhere that part of Florists defence is that they delayed selling Brennan Johnson because they thought they would get a lot more for him just prior to the transfer window shutting rather than back in June. Of course this put the deal into a different accounting year. If Johnson had been sold a couple of months earlier they may not be facing these charges. Should a team be punished for trying to get the best deal for the club ? I know rules are rules etc and of course it was a decision Florist made in knowledge of the rules but ......... As ever its a mess, why they can't tie financial accounting years in with transfer window dates I don't know. It is tied in with player contract dates but this isn't the whole picture.

Any clubs defence lawyer will always offer up some mitigation. That’s what they are paid to do. All 20 clubs are fully aware of the rules and the period they relate to. Florist will gain in the following years for getting more money for Brennan. They took the gamble and now will have to pay the consequences.

;