Ryan Christie

Am I the only one a bit underwhelmed with Christie so far?
Few good chances hes not taken, some passes that have come off, I know is early days, but if he's going to be a starter think he needs to do a lot more

Think he has done ok but will need to improve (esp shooting accuracy/power) if to become a regular starter. Brooks and Marcondes hopefully are now fired up to perform well when they get a chance.

I liked that Christie is an option for Travers to find from goal kicks, given Christie will sharpen those elbows and jump/challenge/kick his way towards getting on the end of the clearance. Something neither of Brooks or Marcondes provide. However I'd agree the latter both offer more creativity and end product so far.

Horses for courses in the Championship I should think.

Sorry disagree, brooks has 3 goals already
One league goal in seven appearances, no assists and drifts in and out of games. Are we really at the stage where we are using goals against bog standard league one opposition to support the claim for Brooksy? He needs to do more, Christie at least has the excuse that he’s still adjusting to this league. I think Christie isn’t a natural winger anyway, but on Saturday he still offered at least as much as Brooks playing there.

One league goal in seven appearances, no assists and drifts in and out of games. Are we really at the stage where we are using goals against bog standard league one opposition to support the claim for Brooksy? He needs to do more, Christie at least has the excuse that he’s still adjusting to this league. I think Christie isn’t a natural winger anyway, but on Saturday he still offered at least as much as Brooks playing there.
Very happy we have both in our squad.

Yet another nobody suffering with a load of hot air blowing his tongue about. Anybody heard of him ? Maintains that Christie should have stayed at Celtic and won trophies rather than strive to play at a higher level.

Am I the only one a bit underwhelmed with Christie so far?
Few good chances hes not taken, some passes that have come off, I know is early days, but if he's going to be a starter think he needs to do a lot more
Be fair, he has to get used to playing in a much greater standard of football now

Yet another nobody suffering with a load of hot air blowing his tongue about. Anybody heard of him ? Maintains that Christie should have stayed at Celtic and won trophies rather than strive to play at a higher level.

Trouble is that it is rangers’ turn to win the league after a long wait. Celtic need to rebuild without some real talent that have been allowed to leave like Tierney

Personally i've been quite impressed with his general play....great touch and ball control .... excellent link up play and is very good defensively..... missed a couple of chances but other players in the team have missed far easier ones tbf...... he's going to be a fantastic player for us imo.

I think Brooksy is lacking confidence after the red card, being dropped and then subbed. Also, didn't get game time for Wales in the Euros. It's up to SP and the coaches to help rebuildhis confidence and up to Brooksy to keep working hard. Also up to us to keep believing in him. Christie is a great buy and will come good. He's done quite well so far but not convinced the right wing is his best spot. Think he's best where Billing is... and Billing's doing well. Tricky one...

He’s had a few comments about his early performances, but I think he deserves a bit more credit.

He’s quickly become one of our best creators with a few assists already this season. But it’s his work rate, his pressing, his battling and just generally putting in a massive shift regardless of if he’s central or wide that has impressed me.

His tackling must be up there with our defensive players, his interceptions must be up their with our full backs and defensive midfield. He’s got the assists, if he starts to add goals he’s going to be one of the first few names on the team sheet every week regardless of what position he finds himself in.

He’s had a few comments about his early performances, but I think he deserves a bit more credit.

He’s quickly become one of our best creators with a few assists already this season. But it’s his work rate, his pressing, his battling and just generally putting in a massive shift regardless of if he’s central or wide that has impressed me.

His tackling must be up there with our defensive players, his interceptions must be up their with our full backs and defensive midfield. He’s got the assists, if he starts to add goals he’s going to be one of the first few names on the team sheet every week regardless of what position he finds himself in.
Already looking like another excellent signing. We really did have a great summer transfer window. Some great talent and squad depth added. Whoever engineered that has done wonders for our chances of promotion this season IMO, so credit due.

We are top of the league, still improving and have some very exciting players waiting for their chance to join in. I really like the depth and balance of this squad, just feel that we are slightly over reliant on Solanke staying fit but I guess most teams have several players without whom they might struggle.
Compared to previous seasons I think we have very good cover in most positions which is obviously what you need to be consistent over a long hard season. Looking good so far !
:utc:

Looks like a quality player. Too good to be stuck out on the byline imo. Need to get him playing centrally so he can be that creative link for us. Has an eye for a pass that not many at this level do. You are right to mention his work rate too, outstanding.

Mr Assist......................great game yesterday, chasing and run down defenders, cannot see Brooks getting back on his current form................:clap:

Our second yesterday came about because he was taken out off the ball and the ref didnt do anything...he got up and clearly angry, chased down the ball to "leave one on" the player in retaliation. As it was he got the ball instead and the play moved on to the goal. That moment of frustration and aggression on his part is what makes him very Ritchie like on that wing.

;