Ryan Christie

Surely out of position on the right? Has good control and creativity but so far lacks speed and rarely takes on the FB. Brooks similar - and also performs better infield. Can we move Christie closer to Solanke … then who would play on the right?

Liked the shout-out in the NS yesterday for some called “Christieano”!

Surely out of position on the right? Has good control and creativity but so far lacks speed and rarely takes on the FB. Brooks similar - and also performs better infield. Can we move Christie closer to Solanke … then who would play on the right?

Liked the shout-out in the NS yesterday for some called “Christieano”!

He does take on the full back on occasions usually by moving the ball onto his left foot and having a shot. Unfortunately like yesterday he was unable to wrap his foot around the ball that flies well wide of the far post. I think if he keeps working on that he could produce the goals.

Goals are the missing piece but it feels like it's coming. He's got everything else and is gradually improving. Workrate is amazing.

The one area brooks has over Christie is the goals, I'd still like to see brooks play a big part in this season.
Once junior is back I do wonder how we fit them all in. Marcondes doesn't look like getting much game time, as things stand

The one area brooks has over Christie is the goals, I'd still like to see brooks play a big part in this season.
Once junior is back I do wonder how we fit them all in. Marcondes doesn't look like getting much game time, as things stand
Brooks scored five league goals in the entirety of last season, I’d bet on Christie to at least match that in all honesty. Brooks has one league goal in seven starts this season, I think it’s a bit of a stretch to claim that Brooks will provide more of a goal threat. From what I’ve seen this season Christie is more regularly getting into shooting positions.

Imo either Junior or Christie should play as one of those advanced midfielders, need a creative type who can play on the half turn in that position, particularly against more defensive teams.

Brooks scored five league goals in the entirety of last season, I’d bet on Christie to at least match that in all honesty. Brooks has one league goal in seven starts this season, I think it’s a bit of a stretch to claim that Brooks will provide more of a goal threat. From what I’ve seen this season Christie is more regularly getting into shooting positions.
All Christie's managed is some very tame shots so far. He may well score some this season, but Brooks still has a big part to play, even if its from the bench

All Christie's managed is some very tame shots so far. He may well score some this season, but Brooks still has a big part to play, even if its from the bench
Yes Brooks definitely has a part to play, but more as a creator than a goal threat imo

Tbh I’d like to see Christie move centrally and Lowe played out wide right, think he looks very pacy and direct. Exactly the kind of player that would thrive hugging the touchline in this system, played a good amount of his career there too.

Looks like a quality player. Too good to be stuck out on the byline imo. Need to get him playing centrally so he can be that creative link for us. Has an eye for a pass that not many at this level do. You are right to mention his work rate too, outstanding.

better inside imho. Mind you think brooks the same too

As I said on another thread, Christie scored 27 goals in 95 appearances for Celtic, three of them penalties. (Incidentally, that’s 3 from 3 taken.)

He is still adjusting to the greater intensity of the Championship and to playing In a wider position. He has goals in him and I expect he’ll score 4 or 5 for us this season.

a lot of the celtic fans have commented that acurate shooting is not his strongpoint, and altho early days, that may well be true! still expect him to score a few tho, maybe the odd screamer.

;