Ryan Fredericks

some players are guaranteed to pick up numerous injuries throughout the season. . .

no player is guaranteed to pick up injuries, numerous or otherwise
do you realise how knee-jerk and silly that statement makes you appear?
as a relatively new contributor, and if you want to be taken seriously, then maybe turn down the hyperbole

I gave that advice to waz on a few occasions, he chose not to take it before he disappeared.....

I do agree that signing a player with a known history of injuries is somewhat of a risk taken by our usually excellent recruitment team, however

Who would have thought that signing an injury prone right back would end in him getting injured? This one is a bit inexcusable from the recruitment team, we have wasted another squad space on an injury prone player despite already having Stanislas and Brooks on the books. And it’s not as though there weren’t other options available on a budget, Ryan Nyambe has been one of the championships best right backs for 2 seasons now and he has just joined Middlesbrough on a free. I’m afraid that Neil may have hit the nail on the head, our recruitment team are out of their depth here. Of our 25 man squad we have 2 who are highly likely to be injured most weeks and one in Brooks who might not play for months, we’re not giving ourselves much of a chance here.

Total OTT response - who would have guessed?

let’s see what injury is - if impact injury then maybe hard to prevent; bit like blaming Kelly for arter’s training ground challenge.

Worth saying that afcb have a history of signing players with injuries like Joe Parkinson, Ryan Garry etc because if they were in top condition then probably wouldn’t play for us.

No, injuries happen to all players, however Fredericks has a history of this and we signed him anyway when there were better options out there. I said when he signed that he would hardly be available and would you believe it, he’s crocked after one pre season game. If I can see this coming then don’t you think it’s worrying that our recruitment team couldn’t?

hilarious rant, give it a rest

A couple of things, and maybe I missed them
1) Has it been officially announced that Fredericks was sent home or are we basing this off of something someone saw?
2) Anyone actually shown Fredericks injury record? or is it just an assumption that someone made

1) Has it been officially announced that Fredericks was sent home or are we basing this off of something someone saw?
2) Anyone actually shown Fredericks injury record? or is it just an assumption that someone made

fair points. Darren Anderson had a reputation for being injury prone but his record was actually very good so didn’t deserve his sick note tag

I do apologise for that comment, you are right it was a dumb ass thing to say.
Don't apologise......you had a perfectly reasonable point....Brooks was injury prone long before his cancer diagnosis.......it's the people on here who are using his illness as a point scoring exercise who should apologise....absolutely shameful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220718-170148_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220718-170148_Chrome.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 33
Don't apologise......you had a perfectly reasonable point....Brooks was injury prone long before his cancer diagnosis.......it's the people on here who are using his illness as a point scoring exercise who should apologise....absolutely shameful.

What exactly is the point you are trying to make? You constantly swoon over Stanislas and how he’s the answer to all our prayers but got injured shortly after a contract extension of which you advocated now you get into an argument about another player who’s made around 80 appearances in the 3 seasons he didn’t happen to have cancer….what point is it you are wanting to make?

Or just the one you feel like it in the spare of the moment?

What exactly is the point you are trying to make? You constantly swoon over Stanislas and how he’s the answer to all our prayers but got injured shortly after a contract extension of which you advocated now you get into an argument about another player who’s made around 80 appearances in the 3 seasons he didn’t happen to have cancer….what point is it you are wanting to make?

Or just the one you feel like it in the spare of the moment?
Correct, as I recall Brookes has had 4 seasons, 1 wrecked by cancer, one where he needed 2 operations on the same ankle ligament injury and has made approx 80 appearances over that time. Hardly injury prone.

;