Sack him now before it’s too late

I don't post much about it since it's quite negative, but I still don't think we've played well at all this season. The 45 minutes against Reading is the longest stint in any game we've played well. Other than that it's 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there. The rest we've been completely average or below average. Simply not good enough with the players we have at our disposal.

If there were even signs that he could turn things around then I’d agree with you, but we’ve played poorly the majority of the season and performances are showing absolutely no sign of improving. Let’s be honest, we are very lucky to have the best gk in the league, if it weren’t for Begovic we’d most likely be mid table now.
Signs like turning around games at halftime, such as the win over Reading, other games where we've had an insipid first half followed by a much stronger second? Is he, and the team, inconsistent? Yes. Are we in a bit of a bad patch (discounting the Luton game, we played with good intensity and were screwed by the red)? Yes. But am I willing to give him more time to sort it out, having seen flashes of what the team can do when they do gel together? Also yes.

I have to say that JT seemed to be a logical choice when EH left and for a few games the momentum carried on however we have either struggled or been very lucky this season
It has become apparent that things are not right in the changing room as far as togetherness is concerned because of the posts on social media and interviews elsewhere
Do we carry on like this or is it time for a change
It’s not up to us supporters its up to the clubs chairman and board as they are the only ones who REALLY know what is going on
It’s not too late at present but if left unchecked it soon will be

UTCIAD

I don't think transfer windows help. Cooky mentioned recently that we have some players who think they're worth £40m – there's clearly unrest in the ranks.

Let's offload those who don't want to be here and let the remaining squad pull together and get promotion.

The only thing I blame JT for is his insistence on 3 at back. I'm hoping last night was the last time we see it.

UTC

Four years ago my son who is a Gooner, asked "What would Bournemouth do if Eddie left?".

I answered "Implode!".

Eddie left and it didn't happen.

Looks like it might be happening now!

I don't think transfer windows help. Cooky mentioned recently that we have some players who think they're worth £40m – there's clearly unrest in the ranks.

Let's offload those who don't want to be here and let the remaining squad pull together and get promotion.

The only thing I blame JT for is his insistence on 3 at back. I'm hoping last night was the last time we see it.

UTC
Yeah ok 3 at the back is fine but you need your wing backs to be pushed up high and you need them to have with energy . We have no energy and we are set up to play solely through the middle .
When you have centre backs trying to play Hollywood passes then something is not right .
Second half they were hit and hopeful balls .

when people compare the championship promotion team we had Wilson who had genuine pace, and if in doubt channel balls would be played and he would chase them down. Solanke wants it to feet so it is different . So all is played on the middle

Nothing wrong with not playing like the title winning side, we have different players. But lets at least play to our strengths. We should have the best midfield in this league but we play 5 at the back reducing our midfield numbers and stifling the are on the pitch we should dominate.

Even worse than sticking with 5 at the back that does not work is playing a right footer on the left to try to stick with it when you don't have the personnel.

You might not agree with some of the things your manager does but the inability to control or pass a simple ball is done to the player.
They all have those abilities, otherwise they wouldn't be playing at this level. What is lacking is confidence, drive, determination, energy, application, urgency....well, that'll do for starters.

You might not agree with some of the things your manager does but the inability to control or pass a simple ball is done to the player.

Haha yes that’s a fair observation.

For what it’s worth, I sympathise with JT, the squad clearly has some sulkers who feel they should be playing at a higher level and aren’t pulling their weight - he has to make the best of that to ensure we try to get a return on the huge investments (even if he wanted to drop them, Max probably wouldn’t be so willing to write off their value) but at the same time unless we chuck in more of the youngsters we don’t have the squad depth to do much different. We then arrive back to the pre season question of JT being the Yes man the board wanted.

Who knows what other shenanigans are going on behind the scenes which might be JTs calls or otherwise, too many players in this team need a good kick up the behind though.

They all have those abilities, otherwise they wouldn't be playing at this level. What is lacking is confidence, drive, determination, energy, application, urgency....well, that'll do for starters.

And to me (and I’m not expecting others to agree ) all of those things you talk of are down to an individuals mindset. Yes the manager can have some influence but at the end of the day the better players handle those situations better. They have the desire to perform. Yes this team does have some amazing players on their day but do they have enough days? And is that not as much a reflection of how good a footballer they are as to there ability with a ball at their feet?

;