Sack him now before it’s too late

Are you seriously suggesting that the team manager has nothing to do with motivation ?
You're putting words in my mouth. No, of course I'm not.

However, every individual within that team has the obligation (moral, if nothing else) to do his best and earn his money.

If I underperformed and failed because I felt I wasn't getting enough motivation from my boss, he wouldn't be the one who got fired......

Think back to where we were in early October 2012. A disjointed, dispirited bunch of players, no cohesion, looking bewildered and confused, lacking drive and motivation, energy and zest, looking like relegation certs.

Any parallels with 2021 ?

Eddie Howe turned up and within a matter of days, transformed the team, the club, everything. It was like the sun breaking through on a dark, dreary, overcast day.

THAT'S what an inspirational manager can achieve.

Think back to where we were in early October 2012. A disjointed, dispirited bunch of players, no cohesion, looking bewildered and confused, lacking drive and motivation, energy and zest, looking like relegation certs.

Eddie Howe turned up and within a matter of days, transformed the team, the club, everything. It was like the sun breaking through on a dark, dreary, overcast day.

Its funny, I was thinking about those matches last night. A change in manager changed everything.

Think back to where we were in late June 2020. A disjointed, dispirited bunch of players, no cohesion, looking bewildered and confused, lacking drive and motivation, energy and zest, looking like relegation certs.

There are always two ways of looking at something

This is a real test for JT and I'm very concerned as to whether he can come through it. The fragile confidence of this team was there to see last season and worryingly this feels very similar. I've no idea if the owners are likely to make a change or not but if it carries on much longer you couldn't blame them.

Having said that these people who say that JT is completely useless and that it was obvious he'd be terrible all along are being disingenuous. He definitely has brought some positive points to the role in the first part if the season and, whilst they aren't the 2015 team they certainly have played well for more than 10 minutes here and there.

He has shown a refreshing willingness to change things early, he's shown that he can motivate them at half time, he's definitely had plenty of tactical success even if now he seems to be retreating into a predictable comfort zone like Howe did. Our performances against the top sides have been very good on the whole and it seems the main issue is with breaking down lower table sides who sit deep.

That said none of these positives will count for anything if he can't turn it around. Sheffield Wednesday was almost as depressingly bad as last night and they responded brilliantly. They have to do that now.

The expectations then did not exist and totally didn’t circumstances to now .

The expectations then did not exist and totally didn’t circumstances to now .
Sorry, not quite sure I get your point. I wasn't talking about expectations in October 2012 - I certainly didn't expect what then happened.

No, I was talking about the impact that a new manager can have, particularly if he is buzzing with energy, ideas, confidence and infectious positivity, as Eddie was back then.

Sorry, not quite sure I get your point. I wasn't talking about expectations in October 2012 - I certainly didn't expect what then happened.

No, I was talking about the impact that a new manager can have, particularly if he is buzzing with energy, ideas, confidence and infectious positivity, as Eddie was back then.
They're quite rare though wouldn't you say?

I have to say that JT seemed to be a logical choice when EH left and for a few games the momentum carried on however we have either struggled or been very lucky this season
It has become apparent that things are not right in the changing room as far as togetherness is concerned because of the posts on social media and interviews elsewhere
Do we carry on like this or is it time for a change
It’s not up to us supporters its up to the clubs chairman and board as they are the only ones who REALLY know what is going on
It’s not too late at present but if left unchecked it soon will be

UTCIAD
When Eddie was here JT was the buffer between him and the players. Eddie had to keep a professional distance at times and JT was closer to the playing staff. In recent player interviews you quite often hear the players referring to him as Jase or JT and you have to wonder if certain players are closer to him than others.
About 4 months ago a guy told that while King was anywhere near the playing squad we would not get a tune out of Danjuma. An unsubstantiated rumour but another that gives rise to the split camp gossip.
Lastly, the deal for Simpson was apparently £ 600,000 with approximately, £ 150,000 in add ons. I have heard that Simpson wants to run down his contract so do we have Fraser to thank for this ? I think Smith and a couple of others may be happy to see out this season and become free agents.

This thread warrants a Rant !

We gets the likes of JCLs, PL Suckers, Elitists, Brand Freaks, Wanababee Accountants and such....
week after week laying into JT, an aspiring manager trying to get something going...
...laying into Gosling, a box to box grafter...and rubbishing Simpson and so on....doubting Surridge...farming out Oforbh. ..other waffling crap...gibbering away about bloody formations, ' assist ratios' , .wing backs , dingbats and pussy players in stringback black gloves and thermal shin pads..and all manner of inconsequential, pseudo-twee crap.
Christ it don't half wind I up!
and all the gushing and crying over gone Ake and craving Demerai Grays and other wastes of f√cking space.
And there's more..oh there is too ..if only there was enough time this century to bang it through the keys!

Some of these 'fair- weather' players at DC are on huge amounts of money...
.. they need to get the f√ck out there..on the pitch and earn the tw@tting Money ...before we blame JT.
The genuine, sanguine, dedicated old Cherry fans....will give everyone that's at DC a chance to get All their beans on the toast and their onions peeled or at least show an effort in doing so.

I feel your pain Brian.... but its JT's job to organise the things you want - the clue is in his job title - manager

and that was a quick walk?!

its a crap job isn't it, I'd be the worlds worst. managing all those ego's, 24 hour hassle, grief from partner & kids..... no thank you!

at the end of last season I thought with the squad we had that mid table would be a good bet for us to finish, then we appoint JT and lose a teams worth of players so I still think mid table would be a good season, we haven't been a team for a couple of years, don't forget this is a team that eddie couldn't gel together but now people expect JT to have done something eddie couldn't in 6 months, am I happy with the league position? yes, am I happy with the last few games? of course not, we need to completely change our squad get rid of the prima Donna's and get hungry players in who will throw everything into the game each week, just like Eddie's championship team
Excellent post!

;