Safe Standing - You decide

Do you support implementation of Safe Standing in the North Stand before the end of the season ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoof_It

Fans' Favourite
Completely unrepresentative just for fun survey.

Ignore SGSA involvement. The club could have avoided that.

As a fan that has been to Dean Court maybe 10 times in 15 years I find this all quite strange. Stranger than agreeing with Druss on anything actually. Why is this happening? It doesn’t increase the ground capacity. And why in the middle of the season when people have so little time to make a decision? Maybe that is why. I’m all for standing but not at the expense of fans that have already paid, it makes no sense not to wait 4 months

As a fan that has been to Dean Court maybe 10 times in 15 years I find this all quite strange. Stranger than agreeing with Druss on anything actually. Why is this happening? It doesn’t increase the ground capacity. And why in the middle of the season when people have so little time to make a decision? Maybe that is why. I’m all for standing but not at the expense of fans that have already paid, it makes no sense not to wait 4 months
Three times in a month you've name checked me while not involved a discussion..it's nice to have a fan.

I grew up watching Bournemouth in the South End. I was behind the goal as junior cherries were chucking monopoly money at Grobbelaar when I was about 10, getting my program signed by Fletcher before he turned into a half decent forward, moving around the stand and standing on the bottom of the floodlights so I could see over people's heads.

The atmosphere is better when standing. I sit in the East Stand now which is lacking in atmosphere, but has a good view of the game.

I am in favour of safe standing if it can generate some more noise from our fans. Against Fulham most of the atmosphere came from the Ted Mac end, North Stand was very quiet in the first half.

I grew up watching Bournemouth in the South End. I was behind the goal as junior cherries were chucking monopoly money at Grobbelaar when I was about 10, getting my program signed by Fletcher before he turned into a half decent forward, moving around the stand and standing on the bottom of the floodlights so I could see over people's heads.

The atmosphere is better when standing. I sit in the East Stand now which is lacking in atmosphere, but has a good view of the game.

I am in favour of safe standing if it can generate some more noise from our fans. Against Fulham most of the atmosphere came from the Ted Mac end, North Stand was very quiet in the first half.
Probably because we were attacking that end 1st half?

Totally agree. I am affected but can Stand for 90 mins unlike some around me. Have scanned stuff on here that is caused by safety concerns about people standing but no one does in block 10 of NS that I am aware of?
Totally agree that this could be managed so much better by canvassing fans over the next few weeks and than managing any moved over the Summer ahead of the new season.

Probably because we were attacking that end 1st half?
We attack that end first every game & should sing throughout the whole match, but it seemed silent in the North Stand until we took the lead. Just my observation, others in the ground disagreed with me.

I like safe standing which generates a good atmosphere…speaking as someone who is a ST holder in The North Stand and looking like I will be in the last row with those directly behind me standing!…hopefully it will be extended to the entire stand at some point?

I think Bill was right when he mentioned the demographic of fans.

80 per cent of this thread is people discussing if they can or can't stand for 90 minutes.

No disrespect to any of the older fans, we all age at the same rate, so nobody has got there quicker or slower than the next man.

It does raise a salient point however about how to grow the business, one Foley has every right to ask, as after all it is his money getting spent.

Younger fans are the future of the club. It makes sense to accommodate them.

Begs the question do you put safe standing where therebis the most atmosphere, Ted Mac stand, or the least atmosphere, Main stand.

I'm happy with either answer.

I think Bill was right when he mentioned the demographic of fans.

80 per cent of this thread is people discussing if they can or can't stand for 90 minutes.

No disrespect to any of the older fans, we all age at the same rate, so nobody has got there quicker or slower than the next man.

It does raise a salient point however about how to grow the business, one Foley has every right to ask, as after all it is his money getting spent.

Younger fans are the future of the club. It makes sense to accommodate them.
In balance it is the so called ‘older’ fans who have the money to spend in the club shop and to travel to away games…let’s not alienate the grey generation shall we?…also the young fans will be off like a shot if we dropped down the leagues?

We’re all in it together lol
I have to ask Rob as you seem fully in support of this and like every post where someone is supporting this change....

How can you have your YouTube channel reviewing accessibility to grounds you visit and be a champion of disability rights and access, but be supporting the moving of those with disabilities who have paid for their seat? Could you imagine being told for the rest of the season they were moving you from your spot to in front of row A in the corner of main stand because they want to add some plush hospitality seats to the platform?

No one is arguing against safe standing but all its doing right now is eviting those less able to stand for a variety of reasons. This isn't a choice based discussion.

I could be wrong of course. Its not always to interpret comments on here.

Last edited:
I have to ask Rob as you seem fully in support of this and like every post where someone is supporting this change....

How can you have your YouTube channel reviewing accessibility to grounds you visit and be a champion of disability rights and access, but be supporting the moving of those with disabilities who have paid for their seat? Could you imagine being told for the rest of the season they were moving you from your spot to in front of row A in the corner of main stand because they want to add some plush hospitality seats to the platform?

No one is arguing against safe standing but all its doing right now is eviting those less able to stand for a variety of reasons. This isn't a choice based discussion.
If you read my first post elsewhere you’ll see I’m in favour of safe standing but not the way this is being implemented.

My comment was more of an observation on the way people are tearing each other apart on this.

And on the point of accessibility, the Disabled Supporters Association are broadly supportive of the mood, and I know they will also represent the views of disabled people affected.

And on the point of accessibility, the Disabled Supporters Association are broadly supportive of the mood, and I know they will also represent the views of disabled people affected.

This is the worst part.. the DSA support the forced movement of those with disabilities? Seems very strange.

Completely unrepresentative just for fun survey.

Ignore SGSA involvement. The club could have avoided that.

If you read my first post elsewhere you’ll see I’m in favour of safe standing but not the way this is being implemented.

This is the key for me, the way it’s being implemented. If it’s being forced upon the club then it should have been avoided.

The SGSA document quoted on the main thread was published in July 2023.

Jim Frevola was quoted on his views around the same time.

So it’s been on the radar for 6+ months. I don’t remember seeing a huge visual effort by the stewards to prevent persistent standing? Didn’t read anything on supporters receiving email, letters, phone calls asking them to sit down at future games.

I could well be wrong? But that’s the suggestion for why the timeframe is what it is?

Less than 6 days for supporters to make a decision to move, no apparent clear options on a move either? No option to “upgrade” to the east or main stands?

The implementation is the issue rather than the idea.

;