Safe standing

Read a lot of the posts with dismay about the problems with moving .....I like a lot on here have had the same seat since the new ground was built...surrounded by family and friends....moving is one thing, but the speed and timing does not seem to make sense.....appreciate a lot of fans want the standing ...my grandsons for 3.....but us oldies are not the future of the club and I suppose are not a priority.....also sad to read the lack of empathy from some posters re others that can't stand for that amount of time and should take an inferior seat without friends or family..........as for saying we will have to move if /when a new ground is built some of us won't be here then.. :confused:

If as at present they aren't planning to move ST holders from other parts into the safe standing section, it will have the handy side effect for Bill and Jim of adding more adhoc ticket sales. Something they've clearly been keen to encourage with their various schemes to get new people onto and up the points ladder. Which might be a noble aim for younger AFCB fans.

Risk is as you say, what we saw early this season with the NS getting visibly infiltrated by away fans every home game.

The flip side of the coin of course is there will be even fewer tickets available in the south stand that go on sale to points holders, who don't want to stand in the north stand.

Once again, with the implementation of the tent and Cherries Tuesday, this will also affect those regular attendees in that section of the ground, who may well see their "regular seat or area" disappear.

If as at present they aren't planning to move ST holders from other parts into the safe standing section, it will have the handy side effect for Bill and Jim of adding more adhoc ticket sales. Something they've clearly been keen to encourage with their various schemes to get new people onto and up the points ladder. Which might be a noble aim for younger AFCB fans.

Risk is as you say, what we saw early this season with the NS getting visibly infiltrated by away fans every home game.

How will there be more ad-hoc ticket sales? Total tickets isn't changing so there will be the same number surely.

What was that comment from Jim - or was it Bill ?- a few months back, about too many fans having "gotten too comfortable" ? There was also something about the supporter base being too old and too white, wasn't there ?

I suspect that the vast majority of fans who are angry about this latest move are precisely those types of fans : older "traditional" fans, and OAPs with discounted STs. In other words, precisely the types of old fashioned supporters who Jim & Bill would like to replace.

What was that comment from Jim - or was it Bill ?- a few months back, about too many fans having "gotten too comfortable" ? There was also something about the supporter base being too old and too white, wasn't there ?

I suspect that the vast majority of fans who are angry about this latest move are precisely those types of fans : older "traditional" fans, and OAPs with discounted STs. In other words, precisely the types of old fashioned supporters who Jim & Bill would like to replace.
My thoughts exactly (y)

How will there be more ad-hoc ticket sales? Total tickets isn't changing so there will be the same number surely.

Every year I imagine that there are several hundred STs which are given up - through death, people moving away, losing interest, cost, whatever. So all of those ex-ST seats are now added to the pool of one-off matchday tickets.

Given that there have been no new STs issued since 2015, there must be a couple of thousand more matchday tickets available than there were 9 years ago.

I'd expect this latest move to add a few more to the pool, which in some ways you could argue is a good thing, as it introduces new blood to the supporter base.

Many good points raised here.

The way it is being done shows poor understanding and communication.

There is no recognition that many fans sit by friends/ family or have built relationships with those around them. No understanding or acknowledgment that this is an important part of the 'match day experience' for many.

There is no stated option for people to be able to move in small groups. It is odd that people can't choose to move to east or west stands. Why not?

If the persistent standing is such an issue why have no attempts been made to address it?

Without wishing or intending to reopen a discussion about the past, I would add that standing is not dangerous so the term 'safe standing' is nonsense. There are still football league grounds with terracing and these don't seem to be dangerous. It's all nonsense.

I would rather stand. I think introducing it is the right thing. But, once again, the club have made a hash of how it's been done.

On an unrelated matter, anyone had an update on the Nonny song? No, thought not. I emailed way back and never got a response.

Community club, you're have a laugh.

Bloody old white Bill

Many good points raised here.

The way it is being done shows poor understanding and communication.

There is no recognition that many fans sit by friends/ family or have built relationships with those around them. No understanding or acknowledgment that this is an important part of the 'match day experience' for many.

There is no stated option for people to be able to move in small groups. It is odd that people can't choose to move to east or west stands. Why not?

If the persistent standing is such an issue why have no attempts been made to address it?

Without wishing or intending to reopen a discussion about the past, I would add that standing is not dangerous so the term 'safe standing' is nonsense. There are still football league grounds with terracing and these don't seem to be dangerous. It's all nonsense.

I would rather stand. I think introducing it is the right thing. But, once again, the club have made a hash of how it's been done.

On an unrelated matter, anyone had an update on the Nonny song? No, thought not. I emailed way back and never got a response.

Community club, you're have a laugh.

Spot on on all points Fritter.

Plus. Why the need for a cut off date that is so quick. Why not offer the ability to give it a go and ask to be relocated if it doesn't suit?

Yes not so much in total ground capacity (aside from any ST holders who give their tickets up).

Thinking about the NS though, it'll go from a largely ST dominated stand with a few issues with away fans, to more adhoc space and potentially more issues with away fans.

Hopefully the club have gotten a grip on it since the early run of big club fixtures.

You can't have it both ways. Anyone who's been moaning about the club not having a new ground for the last ten years can hardly complain about a bit of upheaval in the build-up to the new ground being built. As long as they actually build the thing then these petty grievances will just be part of that process.

Loads of people can't get in at all. Lots of other have never been able to sit with the people they want to. From the beginning of football it has been a right of passage to migrate from behind the goal once you don't want to stand any more. Sure it's a bit quick and I can understand the frustration with that but the idea that we shouldn't have safe standing as an option because people don't want to move is just not right.

Every year I imagine that there are several hundred STs which are given up - through death, people moving away, losing interest, cost, whatever. So all of those ex-ST seats are now added to the pool of one-off matchday tickets.

Given that there have been no new STs issued since 2015, there must be a couple of thousand more matchday tickets available than there were 9 years ago.

I'd expect this latest move to add a few more to the pool, which in some ways you could argue is a good thing, as it introduces new blood to the supporter base.

Yeah but we were talking about safe standing, which will have no effect on ad-hoc ticket sales.

You can't have it both ways. Anyone who's been moaning about the club not having a new ground for the last ten years can hardly complain about a bit of upheaval in the build-up to the new ground being built. As long as they actually build the thing then these petty grievances will just be part of that process.

Loads of people can't get in at all. Lots of other have never been able to sit with the people they want to. From the beginning of football it has been a right of passage to migrate from behind the goal once you don't want to stand any more. Sure it's a bit quick and I can understand the frustration with that but the idea that we shouldn't have safe standing as an option because people don't want to move is just not right.

Nobody has stated we shouldn't have standing. You really dont read peoples posts and just strawman your own arguments dont you.

Yes not so much in total ground capacity (aside from any ST holders who give their tickets up).

Thinking about the NS though, it'll go from a largely ST dominated stand with a few issues with away fans, to more adhoc space and potentially more issues with away fans.

Hopefully the club have gotten a grip on it since the early run of big club fixtures.

I took it from that CT statement that there will be the option to move into the NS in the summer. Imo that's exactly what they should do. Time will tell but I suspect that there will be more standing this season but not that whole area. As we have seen there are lots of people there who say they have no intention of standing. Come the summer though when they allow people who explicitly want to stand to move there it will change you would hope.

I don't know if the hasty approach is the right way or not but it does seem like it will effectively be a gradual implementation.

Nobody has stated we shouldn't have standing. You really dont read peoples posts and just strawman your own arguments dont you.

Yes people have. People have suggested that we should wait until the new ground is built. You yourself just dodge the question when I ask what difference it would make if they did it in the summer. It will be exactly the same then just with fewer options for those involved.

Just on this point, as the club should be congratulated when it does things right as well as criticised when it doesn't. But there have been new season tickets since 2015.

Current season ticket holders have had the chance to migrate to the family stand and purchase new season tickets for new additions to the family.

The family group ticket is also excellent and shows the club do care about the new blood coming through the supporter base.

The club do not get enough credit for this and this should be applauded if not extended further as its a great success story.

I imagine Vlad the Impaler will be pleased with your last point.

;