Safe standing

Just come through as an email..........WTF
Good afternoon,

AFC Bournemouth is set to introduce safe standing at Vitality Stadium, starting with our Premier League fixture against Manchester City on 24th February.

Following consultation with the Sports Ground Safety Authority (SGSA), safe standing locations will be introduced in all North Stand blocks (10-15) in rows J-R. The club is working closely with the SGSA and wider Safety Advisory Group (SAG) stakeholders to ensure a safe and successful launch in February.

As a season ticket holder with seating located in the safe standing area, you have the option to relocate your seat if you prefer to not be within safe standing. You can do so by completing the form linked HERE. Forms must be received by 12pm Wednesday 10th January. Supporters completing the form will be contacted with a relocation opportunity to seating in the North or South Stands only. Relocations must be confirmed by end of day Friday 12th January.

Safe standing areas permit supporters to stand for the duration of a match. Standing is not required in these areas, however, supporters risk restricted pitch views if they are sat when surrounded by standing supporters. These areas are introduced to help keep supporters safe while standing.

Those with questions about their season ticket seat location can contact the ticket office on 01202 726300 or by email at tickets@afcb.co.uk

Disabled supporters with individual seating requirements should contact disability@afcb.co.uk with any questions regarding their seat location or relocation opportunity.

AFC Bournemouth

I can see this causing a lot of discussion!

Edited to add: Im sure many will applaud but there will also be people with seats in the stand since the stadium opened who due to health reasons will now be forced to move.

These people would always have had to move in the old days. South stand to main stand was a well trodden path as people got older.

"I'm alright Jack" as I'd like this, but I know there will be long time friends around me who will struggle with this.

Will be really interesting. A short implementation timeframe to get everyone organised.

I'm pretty surprised. It could be just what the place needs, but I am surprised.

I think capacity will have to be slightly reduced for it also? You can't have a 1:1 mapping between seat and standing position.

We’ve been through a similar process in Bilbao when we built the new stadium.

The underlying idea is to create a young supporters stand for noise.

It’s a big change, as it will likely include “invitations” to relocate elsewhere to season ticket holders in that stand.

Anticipate some resistance.

But once it’s done, the stadium and the atmosphere in it will look so much better.

Mid season with 6 days notice, having already pre paid for their seats. Nice SDD.

Aren't we meant to be a family club? This isnt Logans Run ffs.

If they are in the upper rows they are able enough to walk up stairs and so they can stand. Alternatively they can move. In reality they can probably still sit down they'll just have a barrier in front of them.

What alternative do you suggest?

Very few people actually sit in their seats. I found myself standing up throughout the game at Forest because of some oink stood up in front of me. Then the person behind me had to stand because I was stood up. What a farce!

If they are in the upper rows they are able enough to walk up stairs and so they can stand. Alternatively they can move. In reality they can probably still sit down they'll just have a barrier in front of them.

What alternative do you suggest?

I can tell why you voted for against Brexit now. FFS mate

What alternative? I dont know, maybe plan for next season. Work with the current "owners" of the seats that have paid for them to relocate to other seats.

This is not just the odd "old git" who cannot stand all game. Its his family too. Although I get the feeling from your posts above that you'd chuck your old man on his own rather than move with him. The lack of empathy or understanding by you on this is crazy.

Why the time frame ? Why before the MC game ? What's the rush, has this been talked about by the club before in the North Stand. It may be a good idea but it seems rushed through for minimal gain ?
It'll be because the Man City game is on Sky, attract some publicity and project an impression etc.

I agree the timing seems, err, aggressive. Both the deadline to apply to move and the implementation.

I can tell why you voted for against Brexit now. FFS mate,

Why don't you answer the question - what is the actual issue here?

People have been whinging about the atmosphere and also crying out for sale standing. This is the north stand, where it's long been known as the 'home end' that replaced the old standing south end. This is exactly the right place for safe standing so I'd ask you again, what is the issue and how else would you do it?

;