Safe standing

Jim was pretty concessionary to the point that he knew they hadn’t really done enough consultation, which is good.

How many of the 65 could have been avoided if it was done another way? Who knows. Presume the club do though.

Still going to have a major issue with half of block 15, with the stewards now having to force them to sit down or face banning orders.

It was great to see them getting some practice in singling out one person in the family stand to get them kicked out yesterday. I’m sure they will be super keen to do the same to half of the left side of the north stand…and half of the away following…

1000 seats and only 65 people moved. Seems it's limited to the handful on here who were complaining.
The folks around me who will struggle to stand are just going to see how it goes for a few games.

Hopefully the club are open to an ongoing dialogue with such people as the season goes on. Also hope those who want to stand, around others who clearly aren't so sure about it, will have a little bit of patience whilst everyone figures it out.

1000 seats and only 65 people moved. Seems it's limited to the handful on here who were complaining.
Again, it's sad that some friendship groups/familes are having to break up and move, but from a business perspective, this will be seen as a success, with a relatively insignificant amount of disruption...

Who knows on the the specifics behind the truth, but given what Jim has said here, it seems the club were pushed into it, although appearing big advocates of the idea anyhow...

I don't get though why, with the knowledge that the left side of the NS has 'always stood', they have not placed safe standing all the way down... I'd love to know the thinking behind just sticking to row J and above...

Jim was pretty concessionary to the point that he knew they hadn’t really done enough consultation, which is good.

How many of the 65 could have been avoided if it was done another way? Who knows. Presume the club do though.

Still going to have a major issue with half of block 15, with the stewards now having to force them to sit down or face banning orders.

It was great to see them getting some practice in singling out one person in the family stand to get them kicked out yesterday. I’m sure they will be super keen to do the same to half of the left side of the north stand…and half of the away following…

He did suggest that they'd be tougher on people who stand in these areas. I think they'll just offer them a mover further up. I don't think making 1,000 seats at that end would be an option anyway because you'd have people blocking the view of the corner flag for those on the seated side of the aisle.

Surely the whole away end will be getting safe standing.

An aside on the "flags" came in off the boat on Friday. Imported not produced locally and we are meant to be a community club supporting local business.

Again, it's sad that some friendship groups/familes are having to break up and move, but from a business perspective, this will be seen as a success, with a relatively insignificant amount of disruption...

Who knows on the the specifics behind the truth, but given what Jim has said here, it seems the club were pushed into it, although appearing big advocates of the idea anyhow...

I don't get though why, with the knowledge that the left side of the NS has 'always stood', they have not placed safe standing all the way down... I'd love to know the thinking behind just sticking to row J and above...

The bizarre thinking by him and the club is that they have not been able to control the left and were therefore "forced" to introduce safe standing as they were not willing to penalise those breaking the rules on that left side which would have easily resolved the situation with no cost.

So instead they are introducing safe standing all the way along the back rows from J upwards who mostly sit and apparently expect the left to now sit as they WILL penalise them going forward.

Its beyond brainless.

The bizarre thinking by him and the club is that they have not been able to control the left and were therefore "forced" to introduce safe standing as they were not willing to penalise those breaking the rules on that left side which would have easily resolved the situation with no cost.

So instead they are introducing safe standing all the way along the back rows from J upwards who mostly sit and apparently expect the left to now sit as they WILL penalise them going forward.

Its beyond brainless.

What's your solution? Just introduce standing in that one block? That wouldn't be anywhere near 1,000 seats.

I've not been Big Jim's biggest fan since he arrived but I thought he came across well in that interview with KT. Even with KT constantly trying to bait him. There was a problem with standing. After looking into safe standing the club decided it was a better option than banning supporters or having a reduced capacity on a stadium that only holds just over 11,000 anyway. They were looking into safe standing already and decided to bring it in sooner than they'd planned to, but felt it was the best solution. For once I agree with Jim and the move the club has made. The 65? Sorry but that's just collateral damage. In a few months time the season will be over and people will be able to choose their new seats, hopefully bringing them back to the groups that they may have been split from

Absolutely. Put in the area where people stand already.

I've not been Big Jim's biggest fan since he arrived but I thought he came across well in that interview with KT. Even with KT constantly trying to bait him. There was a problem with standing. After looking into safe standing the club decided it was a better option than banning supporters or having a reduced capacity on a stadium that only holds just over 11,000 anyway. They were looking into safe standing already and decided to bring it in sooner than they'd planned to, but felt it was the best solution. For once I agree with Jim and the move the club has made. The 65? Sorry but that's just collateral damage. In a few months time the season will be over and people will be able to choose their new seats, hopefully bringing them back to the groups that they may have been split from

So do you agree that anyone that stands going forward should be banned as Jim said? If so, why was that not an option before instead of moving people and spending all this money?

So do you agree that anyone that stands going forward should be banned as Jim said? If so, why was that not an option before instead of moving people and spending all this money?
Because it was something that wasn't really enforceable after a while. And no doubt if they'd remained seated you'd have claimed there wasn't a demand for standing.

;