Safe standing

So implement it when you build a new stadium and everyone has to move.

You buy a BMW but because other BMW drivers are speeding you have to drive a Yugo.
It is still a car after all.

You need to build an entirely new stadium just to offer people the choice? Why? Just move to an area that fits your preference. Sound like another example of entitled fans to me.

It was always the case that people had to move to a seated area when they no longer wanted to stand.

You need to build an entirely new stadium just to offer people the choice? Why? Just move to an area that fits your preference. Sound like another example of entitled fans to me.

It was always the case that people had to move to a seated area when they no longer wanted to stand.
If i say I want to move then I am committed to moving regardless of where the alternative seat is.

The form does not allow you to express avpreference. Like it or lump it but tells us NOW.

Standers get a choice but sitters don't.

Yes I am an entitled fan. Entitled to sit in the seat I paid for. Maybe it is the standers that are entitled.

You see the little curly line with the dot under it? It's a question mark. I asked the question because you brought up something that apparently vexed you from ages ago.

And I answered it and discussed it at the time.

On this occasion I merely made a jovial comment. :help:

If i say I want to move then I am committed to moving regardless of where the alternative seat is.

The form does not allow you to express avpreference. Like it or lump it but tells us NOW.

Yes I am an entitled fan. Entitled to sit in the seat I paid for. Maybe it is the standers that are entitled.
Standers haven’t had a choice for 22 years and will still be in the vast minority.

Sorry the entitled fan comment was in relation to the idea that they shouldn't move people until a new ground is built. I can understand why people might not like the idea that this is being brought in mid season (although tbh I really think the reality isn't going to be as bad as people are suggesting) but the idea that we shouldn't have safe standing at all because people don't think they should move I absolutely don't agree with.

You've got the seat you paid for. You also have the option to move if you want to. As I say I personally read it as if you have to decide now if you want to move for the city game. I'm sure you'll be able to move after if it turns out you don't like the change. I'd contact the club to confirm.

Last edited:
I agree with doing this but with such short timescales I reckon they are in breach of the equalities act.

Who cares about people (mostly older) being forced out their paid for seats so you get what you want eh?
Makes no odds to me, I’m in the back row and can do what I like.

I think it’s great that there is a choice now going forward. Unfortunate for a few, but for the greater good.

2 seats next to us in the middle of the NS were given up by their ST holders after Covid. So for a couple of years we have had different people in them every week. Has to be said that 90% of the time those people sit in almost total silence. As they will now be in the standing area I can only hope they attract more vocal occupants. The North Stand needs something to improve on the ever decreasing atmosphere. Sure a few folks will be pissed off - but it’s got to be for the best.

;