Safe standing

I’m in row I. My initial thought was that we’d have the best of both worlds, until my wife said that the stewards will probably be keeping a very close eye on us, even though standing in row I wouldn’t restrict the view for the people behind us.

The relocation request form doesn’t apply to those of us who might want to move from rows A-I to the standing rows J and above.

I’ll try standing up for a while and see what happens!
I will join you in standing in Row H and see what happens.

Another point occurred to me today.
Some places people moan at me for standing in front of them, despite it being quite a large step. ( I am quite tall)
Even if the person behind me is happy to stand, it might not be perfect for them

Some places people moan at me for standing in front of them, despite it being quite a large step. ( I am quite tall)
Even if the person behind me is happy to stand, it might not be perfect for them
of course with "unsafe" standing this wasn't an issue, you could just move somewhere else!

Given that our expanded new stadium is at least 3 years away, how will we, in the meantime, find space for newer, younger supporters ?

That can only be by existing supporters making way for new ones. Surely, that was the logic behind the new points scheme ?
Not everyone lives forever, or circumstances change.

I was going to reply to you about that yesterday ;)

If it isn't to be tolerated from now on why did they tolerate it at all ?
SGSA is a smoke screen the club have allowed this situation to arise.
You can't stop people standing for a match but you can prevent them attending for the next. Issue solved in one week.

To say most in the ground are in favour of Safe Standing is disinenuous. Most in the ground aren't faced with the issue.

Make the whole ground safe standing and then tell me most in the ground are in favour.
Well everyone in the stadium tolerated it up until now, so its also reasonable to claim that most in the ground weren't against it following that logic.

Choice is the key word here.

But the point is it only takes one to stand and everyone to the side and rear must stand and that then ripples across the whole stand.

Only Row J get the option everyone else is dictated by others.

It is not goint to be an option to sit and watch the match at the same time.

Perhaps the club shuld have contacted everyone affected and if a majority was in favour then go ahead. If not then just use their existing powers to enforce seating. The majority get what they want.

Anyone that loses their ST by Standing will have chosen the outcome.

I have not chosen the outcome I am faced with.
Neither have many of us.

Not everyone lives forever, or circumstances change.

Yes, indeed, there will always be natural wastage for a variety of reasons.

But remember, one of Bill's earliest comments on taking over the club was that our pricing was "terrible". His point was that we are selling tickets far too cheaply.

Now, if his research shows that we have a disproportionately high number of "legacy" supporters, (OAPs on concessionary ticket deals, low stadium & merch spend, etc) then presumably he will do what he can to ease these folks out in favour of a younger, higher spending demographic.

The points scheme overhaul was surely one such initiative. I'm sure there will be more.

But remember, one of Bill's earliest comments on taking over the club was that our pricing was "terrible". His point was that we are selling tickets far too cheaply.

Now, if his research shows that we have a disproportionately high number of "legacy" supporters, (OAPs on concessionary ticket deals, low stadium & merch spend, etc) then presumably he will do what he can to ease these folks out in favour of a younger, higher spending demographic.

The points scheme overhaul was surely one such initiative. I'm sure there will be more.
So many assumptions in that.

Bill and Jim come from a market where ticket prices are astronomical in comparison to football. UFC/NFL/Ice Hockey tickets are enormous in comparison. So much so that they know, ticket prices in general is not where the golden egg lies in the UK.

They’ve had their summer of adjustment for concessions and a price hike. They had their fingers burnt to a certain extent and of course all the avoidable malarkey with the women’s tickets.

They won’t be looking for a repeat in the summer in my view.

I am fortunate. If they said ticket prices go up 50% and your ST remains seating I would do it. Moan about it but do it. I appreciate others can't afford it.

If it is about safety stop people from standing.

If it is about money charge more.

If it is about atmosphere audition fans to see if they can/will sing.

Bill and Jim come from a market where ticket prices are astronomical in comparison to football. UFC/NFL/Ice Hockey tickets are enormous in comparison. So much so that they know, ticket prices in general is not where the golden egg lies in the UK.

They’ve had their summer of adjustment for concessions and a price hike. They had their fingers burnt to a certain extent and of course all the avoidable malarkey with the women’s tickets.

They won’t be looking for a repeat in the summer in my view.
One only has to watch American made TV to know that tickets to major sports events are rarer than gold dust on rocking horse sh!t after it came out of Shergar whilst Lord Lucan and Elvis sang a duet of "Dom Solanke used to be scouse".

One only has to watch American made TV to know that tickets to major sports events are rarer than gold dust on rocking horse sh!t after it came out of Shergar whilst Lord Lucan and Elvis sang a duet of "Dom Solanke used to be scouse".

Lets hope Bill realise the difference between a season ticket waiting list of almost 200,000 and 20 years for the Packers and Bournemouths pull....

I asked that question to the Ticket Office. I was told once you have opted to move you are moving. Take the seat they offer or not.

NO OPTION TO THEN STAY IN YOUR ORIGINAL SEAT.

YOU DECIDE TO MOVE WITHOUT KNOWING WHERE TO, IT'S A ONE WAY TICKET.
I was told I would be able to go back to my original seat next season if I wished

;