Safe standing

KT saying on Solent two girls ejected from Ted shed for leaning on the backs of their seats ,but they're in the back row.They've been there for ages and Kt and Willo think they are STs.
This was in injury time.

Well I loved it. I did have a discussion about the need for a steward to check my ticket before going to my seat, also asked why they were blocking the steps at half time but apart from that it was great to stand.

We're in the back row of the MS block 2 and generally stand. Today we were informed by the stewards that this is no longer acceptable. I asked the chief steward if Block 2 is home fans only, he said yes, so I then asked him why did they just watch Man City fans openly celebrating the goal, he told me to write to @Jim Frevola about it. Surely away fans in the home sections is a bigger issue.

At half time we usually have a chat with mates at the back of the stand. Today they weren't allowed up as they didn't have a ticket. WTF did they think was going to happen? 100s of fans rushing to stand? Ridiculous.

I came back up during half time and was asked for my ticket. I asked if this was going to happen every time I came up, politely. He just waved me through.

Another unnecessary thing. Like the searching.

Not there today, so was the bottom half of block 15 NS (ES end) still standing or was sitting being enforced there below Row J?

At half time we usually have a chat with mates at the back of the stand. Today they weren't allowed up as they didn't have a ticket. WTF did they think was going to happen? 100s of fans rushing to stand? Ridiculous.

I came back up during half time and was asked for my ticket. I asked if this was going to happen every time I came up, politely. He just waved me through.

Another unnecessary thing. Like the searching.
Made me laugh, one of the stewards remained at his safe standing post after the game had finished? I asked him if he had been super glued to the floor.

As a stander, I think it worked ok, no disagreements that I saw within the area.

Having a stand that’s effectively segregated into the standers and the non standers is a bit clunky for the social aspect.

I was not impressed by the stewards being very hot on folks in front in the seating area getting out of their seat momentarily for a chance at goal or controversial decision, as would happen since god was lad.

I wonder if after a few games it’ll chill out a touch.

As a stander, I think it worked ok, no disagreements that I saw within the area.

Having a stand that’s effectively segregated into the standers and the non standers is a bit clunky for the social aspect.

I was not impressed by the stewards being very hot on folks in front in the seating area getting out of their seat momentarily for a chance at goal or controversial decision, as would happen since god was lad.

I wonder if after a few games it’ll chill out a touch.
We can only hope the over zealous approach will die out.

Strange how everybody moans at changes.

Why ?
Were you at the game? Were you searched and ask to remove your hat? Were you stopped when you approached your seat, the same seat you've sat in since the new rejigged stadium?
I enjoyed standing up all game at home, that's why I enjoy away games. Trying to get into the ground has become extremely tedious.

Last edited:
Were you at the game? Were you searched and ask to remove your hat? Were you stopped when you approached your seat, the same seat you've sat in since the new rejigged stadium?
I enjoyed standing up all game at home, that's why enjoy away games. Trying to get into the ground has become extremely tedious.
Wow, life is so hard these days.

;