Saints Away

Yawn... you saw it coming... Slag him when he doesnt change things, then find a reason to slag him when he does.

I've not seen you mention our injuries once in any defence of Eddie.

God we were bad first twenty, but whatever changes we made worked. At least until half time. Then it was the same old AFCB again. Great to get a third.

Thought the Saints miss was worse than Callums.

Oh and nice to meet you today @red_house.

The change was well made and the substitution was also necessary and brave. Happy to give Eddie full credit for that but did any one think that was the correct starting line up or that they had nailed their positions in training this week? Seriously? Just added more question marks to me over the coaching ability. Players bewildered, Ake played four different positions. Solanke lost in that deeper role. It’s a bit amateur if you ask me but a thoroughly enjoyable day out and game.

The change was well made and the substitution was also necessary and brave. Happy to give Eddie full credit for that but did any one think that was the correct starting line up or that they had nailed their positions in training this week? Seriously? Just added more question marks to me over the coaching ability. Players bewildered, Ake played four different positions. Solanke lost in that deeper role. It’s a bit amateur if you ask me but a thoroughly enjoyable day out and game.
Injuries? Thought not...

"A bit amateur". Incredible.

Ah hindsight.

There weren’t many complaints before kick off.

Tried different systems that some had suggested after Fulham.

Conditions and opposition changed their system and so did we, good tactical battle.

Injury decimated side with inexperienced players plugging holes away from home against a side that have turned around their season.

Credit to Howe and his bezzy mates and family in the backroom staff.

Injuries? Thought not...

"A bit amateur". Incredible.

Any injuries hurt clubs it doesn’t warrant mention to me as it’s part and parcel of the game and you have to overcome them. We lost both our left backs our top scorer and Max Gradel in our first season and worked out a way. All clubs suffer and of course we are. I judge us on how we adapt and I don’t think we are.

DJ called it before the match when he said why aren’t we playing a back four. He was right and a quarter of an hour in we were.

Weren't there a couple of afcb fans in the scum side to the left who celebrated when we got our second,they were removed as saints fans went for them

Any injuries hurt clubs it doesn’t warrant mention to me as it’s part and parcel of the game and you have to overcome them. We lost both our left backs our top scorer and Max Gradel in our first season and worked out a way. All clubs suffer and of course we are. I judge us on how we adapt and I don’t think we are.

DJ called it before the match when he said why aren’t we playing a back four. He was right and a quarter of an hour in we were.
We lost Mings in that first season but Charlie Daniels played in 37 out of 38 PL games. It's THIS season we have lost both left backs (and right backs).

Lerma motm, Fraser made impact. Everyone else below par including Wilson despite the 2 goals. Normally he would round the keeper and win pen or score open goal but he decided to shoot. Him and King need to do more and use their strength because they were meek. Defense bad as usual although Simpson did ok at RB. Mepham, Solanke, Ake also very bad today and did Hyndman even touch the ball when he came on?

I went up by coach todayand was sat next to a guy from Altrincham.Hes born and bred Manchester but watches most of our away games,and a few home games which is usually in hospitality.He travelled down Friday night and was going back Sunday.The thing that fascinated me was that he got to liking Afcb ever since Ted Mac went to United,then supported them ever since.He knew all the stats from the old games and the players,he was the same age as me so I related to all the games from the past he was talking about.I know we have fans who have moved abroad or away who were either born here or lived here sometime,but it was strange,to me anyway that a born and bred Manc supported us for years,even when we were shite,and went to our games.

Weren't there a couple of afcb fans in the scum side to the left who celebrated when we got our second,they were removed as saints fans went for them

I thought it was some of ours in one of the corporate boxes they took exception to, they did the same with Mitchell years ago . Needless to say they weren't happy bunnies on that side as per usual. The amount of foaming at the mouth / cut throat gestures, people being lobbed out is all very odd for a fanbase who don't care about us.

Ah hindsight.

Conditions and opposition changed their system and so did we, good tactical battle.

Injury decimated side with inexperienced players plugging holes away from home against a side that have turned around their season.

Ah hindsight.

Well there was yours about we should play a back four. You were correct too, despite not having an UEFA A badge which you should really possess if you are going to be allowed to talk tactics on here.;)

I went up by coach todayand was sat next to a guy from Altrincham.Hes born and bred Manchester but watches most of our away games,and a few home games which is usually in hospitality.He travelled down Friday night and was going back Sunday.The thing that fascinated me was that he got to liking Afcb ever since Ted Mac went to United,then supported them ever since.He knew all the stats from the old games and the players,he was the same age as me so I related to all the games from the past he was talking about.I know we have fans who have moved abroad or away who were either born here or lived here sometime,but it was strange,to me anyway that a born and bred Manc supported us for years,even when we were shite,and went to our games.

My son is also a born and bred Manc but supports the Cherries with his Bournemouth born and bred dad. We are both domiciled in Audenshaw (now there’s a surprise). After the Palace game he will have seen us play in every Premier League stadium this season. (I’ve missed one, Burnley.) We are living the dream.

:utc:

Two brummies sit next to us who have had season tickets for years - one of them did a holiday job in Bournemouth years back and started going to DC .
They travel away a lot too - live back home and come down for all the home games .

Ah hindsight.

I don't think you can strictly use the injury excuse as we were much better after the tactical shift. Prior to changing things Southampton shots 8, AFCB shots 0. Fraser may have had a niggle but then he ended up playing 70 mins with no issue. Needed his experience from the off. King was pretty superfluous all game, cut a frustrated figure and still not linking well with Callum. Not sure what the answer is but we're not getting the best out of him.

;