Sam Surridge

I wouldn’t say going to Scotland is impressive.

It’s probably a very comparable level.
So you are looking for players that basically stepped up a league on their return, yeah there is probably less than 1 players that have done that :D

Although Jack Harrison started his career in MLS and moved to PL

Anyone know what sort of wage Surridge will be on there in comparison to his Forest wage?
Once the transfer is complete we will know his guaranteed salary with Nashville. If he is signed as a designated player (they have a slot open right now) he could be making north of 2million a year

Once the transfer is complete we will know his guaranteed salary with Nashville. If he is signed as a designated player (they have a slot open right now) he could be making north of 2million a year

You then have to wonder why they're paying him in particular that much to play over there.

Is a designated player one who is allowed to earn above some sort of salary cap?

Basically yes

As MB1980 says it's a bit odd they picked him in particular to be their main man. Mind you I suspect he'll score loads over there so perhaps it'll be a great move for all concerned.

Perhaps we should have Surridge vs Solanke 2 and see if he can beat Dom's Championship total from 2021/22

Reactions: DJ
I wouldn’t say going to Scotland is impressive.

It’s probably a very comparable level.
ok, I didn't let it go as I like a project :D
I have found a couple

Zack Steffan now he is American, but started in germany, transferred to the Columbus Crew (my local team) and then moved to Man City - not really played for Man City but it's a step up

Probably the best (only?) example is Miguel Almiron starting in South America going to MLS then to Newcastle. interestingly there is a link back to the Columbus Crew on this one too. He played for Lanus under Guillermo Barros Schelotto - I believe was the Crew's first designated player

Reactions: DJ
As MB1980 says it's a bit odd they picked him in particular to be their main man. Mind you I suspect he'll score loads over there so perhaps it'll be a great move for all concerned.

Perhaps we should have Surridge vs Solanke 2 and see if he can beat Dom's Championship total from 2021/22
Looking at the technical staff, a brit as head coach, and first assistant coach, neither would be dealing directly with player transfers though but what is interesting is the assistant GM Ally Mackay who worked as a football player agent in the UK

I think surridge has a poacher’s eye for opportunities but his finishing is erratic. The first quality is a good asset and will serve him well in the US.

Championship and prem are tough leagues so no shame in struggling to get goals. Maybe would have been better served staying at Swansea and developing his craft. Same as josh mcquoid, who moved too early imho to championship side millwall

ok, I didn't let it go as I like a project :D
I have found a couple

Zack Steffan now he is American, but started in germany, transferred to the Columbus Crew (my local team) and then moved to Man City - not really played for Man City but it's a step up

Probably the best (only?) example is Miguel Almiron starting in South America going to MLS then to Newcastle. interestingly there is a link back to the Columbus Crew on this one too. He played for Lanus under Guillermo Barros Schelotto - I believe was the Crew's first designated player
Just had a look to see if Brad Smith or Emerson Hyndman had any chance of coming back to these shores as rejuvenated premier league players……I’m sure nobody will be surprised to hear that it seems very unlikely :)

Just had a look to see if Brad Smith or Emerson Hyndman had any chance of coming back to these shores as rejuvenated premier league players……I’m sure nobody will be surprised to hear that it seems very unlikely :)
I had very high hopes for Hyndman, thought he was the future of the USMNT.

Boy, was I wrong.

;