Scott Parker

He has only managed clubs with parachute payments and with a higher level of player in the squad.

Give him Wigan,Coventry or a club like that and his dull football would not work.
It's a fair point that both Fulham and ourselves had squads and resources to challenge. I was a bit surprised he took the job at Brugge, rather than building upon his solid body of work at Champ level, so that your point could be tested.

I think that tactically he's fairly astute in his own dour yet pragmatic way, and I wouldn't be surprised if he could grind one of those less resourced clubs up the table. That's if he didn't lose the dressing room and fanbase first. All hypothetical at this point of course.

This is a great observation, but I interpreted it differently even then. One of the best things that happened to AFCB that season was being compelled to play so many young guys early on. People that Scott Parker would not have played otherwise. Does he get the credit for getting so much out of them, or do we wonder if his first instincts would have held the team back? It's by no means clear to me.
It’s a fair challenge - missing the first choice starters meant he had no choice but it’s clear he coached them into a cohesive unit.

;