Scott Parker

I cannot, for the life of me, imagine why certain posters spend so much time and effort talking us down.

Even more so, I cannot think of a single reason to use up so much emotional energy on a Bournemouth message board talking another team up.

Why do folks continue to gripe on about events long since past on multiple threads?

The Championship season 21-22 was played over 46 matches. We won 25 of those. We finished 8 (eight) points above a certain midlands side.

Sometimes I wonder who a poster is actually referrring to when they write, we.

In 21-22, we (for the record, AFC Bournemouth) beat that same midlands team home and away. At the end of each match it is the number of goals scored that determines the outcome. No-one cares how close a match may have been. If one side gets three points and the other nil. That is the result.

I am so glad that we won those two matches and saved me (and others) a small fortune in travel and lost income not having to bother about the playoffs. Even had we lost one of those two matches, we would still have finished above that midlands side.

This season, winning at Spurs was the highlight of my season. However, the away match that followed the narrow defeat at Anfield runs quite close second.
Chill out dude. I’m not talking anybody up, we got promoted automatically and we deserved it. We held our nerve in what was probably one of the biggest games in our history.
I’m merely pointing out that it wasn’t comfortable, anyone who experienced the game and that season will understand that we didn’t get promoted ‘comfortably.’ The fact that we went into the game with all of the pressure on us and substantially less momentum makes the achievement even more impressive in many ways, but it certainly wasn’t comfortable.

Chill out dude. I’m not talking anybody up, we got promoted automatically and we deserved it. We held our nerve in what was probably one of the biggest games in our history.
I’m merely pointing out that it wasn’t comfortable, anyone who experienced the game and that season will understand that we didn’t get promoted ‘comfortably.’ The fact that we went into the game with all of the pressure on us and substantially less momentum makes the achievement even more impressive in many ways, but it certainly wasn’t comfortable.
It looked more impressive because we beat teams around us near the end like Blackburn and Coventry 3-0 and Forest in the decider but yes their were plenty of games we played awful against struggling teams towards the end and gave Forest hope, the draws against Reading, Peterboro, Sheff Utd, WBA defeat. But we had enough talent to overcome it and the comeback from 3-0 down at Swansea gave momentum.

Genuinely perplexed by this. I get the two promotions but Leicester need something to shake them out of their torpor yet Parker is a bit like Rodgers-lite. He'll go for the same slow build-up that has annoyed the hell out of their fans for the past couple of seasons, when what they need is a bit of blood and thunder added to things to get the fans on side.

I think this one is going to end badly, and Parker's Championship promotion manager reputation will be lost.

Genuinely perplexed by this. I get the two promotions but Leicester need something to shake them out of their torpor yet Parker is a bit like Rodgers-lite. He'll go for the same slow build-up that has annoyed the hell out of their fans for the past couple of seasons, when what they need is a bit of blood and thunder added to things to get the fans on side.

I think this one is going to end badly, and Parker's Championship promotion manager reputation will be lost.

Very competitive league, on paper, down there next season.

As good a job as he could hope for, but won't be a given when you look at sides around him.

If he pulls it off, which is highly conceivable, he'll no doubt get the sack the following season, but he'll be firmly established as the promotion expert - for heavy favourites, with good squads, bigger budget than most and managing pressure/expectation that comes with all of that.

We know what you get with Parker… organisation and largely effective when he has a squad better than most. That might tick the boxes at Leicester.
It will certainly be interesting to see how long it takes him this time before he starts telling the players that they are not good enough to get the job done !
With the right backing, I suspect he might just about be able to drag them back up but I don't know if he'll have the staying power if things get off to another poor start.

;