Scott Parker

Whatever you want to call it, there has to be different plans depending on the opposition, the conditions etc. What if you go down to 10 men, or the opposition do, you going to keep playing the same way? Whatever you want to call it there is always going to be degrees of change to Plan A.

100%, we saw it with Howe we see it with Parker and yet they both get criticised for it.

Both however have an identity and thus a longer term vision that gives a side the potential for longer term success.

Someone like Woodgate may bring a decent run of form over a shorter period, but would never manage to keep it going longer term.

Bournemouth's renewed transfer strategy is certainly swift. Two windows in and there are already strong indications of joined-up thinking.

In the first five days of the January transfer market opening, they moved quickly, securing the signings of two 20-year-olds. First was James Hill for a fee in the region of £1 million. Second, a day later, was Ethan Laird on loan from Manchester United.

Both were similar in profile and charted similar forecasts in potential. Wide-scoping talent for little cost and a high ceiling for improvement. Hill and Laird were highly-rated at their previous clubs and attracted admiration from several clubs. Therefore, both deciding upon their next step was imperative.

The former England Women's Coach, Hope Powell, was always shouting 'Over the top!' if I remember correctly. Hard to see how she kept the job for so long.

I’m surprised he heard them. He disappeared down the tunnel so quick Kevin Bond’s previous records were at risk.

There’s fans still in the ground wanting to clap the players and manager off the pitch and he had vanished. Pretty disappointing. I know he’s annoyed at his team and that is, of course, his priority. But it takes little effort.

Trying to bring my boy up win, lose or draw support the team and players efforts, but the manager only applauds the fans when everything is rosy.

He signed these highly rated 20 year olds Laird and Hill....then he don't play them in a team that's only won 2 in 10...so what was the point bringing them in ? January transfers are supposed to Revitalise for the run - in...or am I totally way off the mark thinking that !.......probably :wack:

He signed these highly rated 20 year olds Laird and Hill....then he don't play them in a team that's only won 2 in 10...so what was the point bringing them in ? January transfers are supposed to Revitalise for the run - in...or am I totally way off the mark thinking that !.......probably :wack:

Not match fit probably

Brady too. Three signings, two yet to start.

Doesn’t do any harm. But expecting it every game comes across as needy. To me.
I get you. To me either do it every game or not at all. Don’t come over for the big clap on a win but disappear if you lose. That’s leaving all the accountability to the players.

Fair enough if you are a manager that thinks the players should always have the limelight win, lose or draw but he isn’t.

Doesn’t do any harm. But expecting it every game comes across as needy. To me.

Not really "needy", I personally couldn't care less, but it would help so that I don't have to explain to my boy why he didn't clap the supporters.

Then there is of course the question why wouldn't he?

He bemoans "...these are the moments when you need people behind you a little bit. I get sometimes why that might not be the case. When you see certain traits or certain things happening. I get human instinct, it is sometimes very difficult to do that (support).

"But I can't control the fans. We can't control the fans. We can help them along the way..."

A big part of gettings fans on your side is having a connection with them. All in it together. Clapping the supporters may well help to establish that, it's a small tiny thing that takes very little effort on his part, but means something to other people. So why not do it? It's just a courtesy thing and helps build a rapport between the team and the fans.

Some supporters look back at Woodgate positively, despite his obvious lack of tactical nous or long-term thinking, but he managed to build a connection with the fans despite mainly playing in front of empty stadiums! He did this as far as I can tell, by saying "up the cherries" in a post-match interview... that was it. Due to that some supporters were then willing to look past some of his limitations as a manager and they backed him.

Parker could do with some of that good feeling and he could get more with very little effort.

With Eddie it was different. He shared the feelings that we all have for the club. It was genuine. He appreciated the fans.

Does he do that at Newcastle?

SP has subtlety called out the fans a few times now and I dont think it's wise to do it too much.
Personally I dont feel the need for a clap after the game, win or lose, or a wave during it for that matter, but it'll rub off on the players eventually and we really all need to be in it together.
For us, it's supporting as best you can during the game and keeping the negativity to a minimum after a poor result but either way SP needs the fans on side, especially at a club like ours.
That second half was poor, especially as we should have been well ahead at half time so he cant really expect the stadium to be bouncing.

It won't take much for the crowd to turn against Parker. He isn't one of our own so there is no sentimentality attached to the issue. He has to turn it round and quickly but at the moment he doesn't know his best 11.

I get you. To me either do it every game or not at all. Don’t come over for the big clap on a win but disappear if you lose. That’s leaving all the accountability to the players.

Fair enough if you are a manager that thinks the players should always have the limelight win, lose or draw but he isn’t.

couldn't disagree more
if we win, come over and share it with the fans
if we lose, fcuk off back into the dressing room asap, get into the players and let the fans get home
nothing more pointless than a few players half-heartedly drifting over towards the fans with glum faces after a defeat

Not really "needy", I personally couldn't care less, but it would help so that I don't have to explain to my boy why he didn't clap the supporters.

Then there is of course the question why wouldn't he?

He bemoans "...these are the moments when you need people behind you a little bit. I get sometimes why that might not be the case. When you see certain traits or certain things happening. I get human instinct, it is sometimes very difficult to do that (support).

"But I can't control the fans. We can't control the fans. We can help them along the way..."

A big part of gettings fans on your side is having a connection with them. All in it together. Clapping the supporters may well help to establish that, it's a small tiny thing that takes very little effort on his part, but means something to other people. So why not do it? It's just a courtesy thing and helps build a rapport between the team and the fans.

Some supporters look back at Woodgate positively, despite his obvious lack of tactical nous or long-term thinking, but he managed to build a connection with the fans despite mainly playing in front of empty stadiums! He did this as far as I can tell, by saying "up the cherries" in a post-match interview... that was it. Due to that some supporters were then willing to look past some of his limitations as a manager and they backed him.

Parker could do with some of that good feeling and he could get more with very little effort.

The way things are going I'm wondering if we could have kept Woodgate.

It won't take much for the crowd to turn against Parker. He isn't one of our own so there is no sentimentality attached to the issue. He has to turn it round and quickly but at the moment he doesn't know his best 11.

The crowd turned on Eddie even. It happens. At the end of the day, they are professionals. We have paid money for tickets. Perform.

;