Scott Parker

Is anyone sorry he's gone? Originally, I thought wait until after the Wolves game but even if Parker had got us through that, it wouldn't have solved the problem. When I saw the news this morning, I felt so relieved. Steve Cook's 'like' is telling. Cookie is a really decent chap. For him to do that, he must really not like Parker, maybe because of the negative comments to the media, but probably other stuff we haven't heard about as well.
Can I ask where Steve Cook liked this?

I don't agree that we have a weak squad. We need a manager that can play the right tactics, the right formations, the right players in the right positions and motivate them. Then we have a very reasonable, if not above average squad.
I think the squad is reasonable but centre half position is the key issue. Vital there are strong options - last year we had Cahill and Philips vying for the right side position. This year we are reliant on meps who I like but isn’t first choice and belatedly just got senesi who looks like he needs time.

Of course, Parker compounded the problem by wanting to play with 3 defenders so that showed the scale of disconnect.

Still think time will show Parker was right - but how he behaved was not.

Watch Mcadam’s bit here, he’s in the know and doesn’t seem to have any issues with the board, infact says quite the opposite.

Doesn’t suggest this will halt any transfer activity too, also makes reference to clubs like Man Utd struggling to recruit over the summer, also states that Senesi, Tavernier and Neto were coups for us.

Perhaps you can start listening to people close to the club ref the board
What an excellent piece by Mark McAdam, someone who does know the club inside out.

That's just the money placed as bers with the bookmakers, that sets the favourites.
If you place a £250k bet on Steve Fletcher being made manager, then Supa will become the favourite.
The bookies had Gerrard as favourite to be first sacking, because he had the most money wagered upon him filling that role.

Bookies do not have crystal balls; they have an over-round book.
Yes, I get how it works, was just stating who the current favourite is. No I will not be putting any money on him.

Not a fan of what Parker has said openly recently I’m more a fan of keep your comments in house. It’s obvious there was a major difference in what was expected between him and the board. Nice to see Max being ruthless. I expect Parker to do the rounds whinging about how has been treated and lied too and nothing is his fault. We should have known better than to hire a guy who wears that many cardigans.
milk support whoever we get and maybe the board will quickly get a couple players on loan to help.

UTCIAD

No sympathy. He showed no respect for the club or the players with his comments suggesting 9-0 was inevitable. Onwards and upwards. Be interesting to see where he ends up, Championship again I assume.
I'm not so sure tbh. He's now had 2 jobs in management, and on both occasions the relationship with the board/owners has rapidly gone sour. Anyone who does take him on can't say they haven't been warned.

;